Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Donuts
Occasional Poster

April 2003
TA22 into a TA22 Thu, 12 February 2004 08:27 Go to previous message
Hey guys,
In the near future i will be pulling the whole drive train, exhaust, struts and brake system off one TA22 and putting it into another TA22 (both '74 models). The engine is a 2T-G (suprise, suprise) and box is T-50. Suspention is aftermarket. No LSD. I will be wiring it all up fresh. The car I'm putting everything into was auto but I'm assuming the hole for shifter/stick is in the same spot for either and I'm using the manual center console of course. Has anyone ever done this before? Any tips? I'm thinking of unbolting the engine and gearbox cross-member and lifting the car up to the roof on a hoist and rolling the engine and box away then dropping the car, rolling it away and put the second car up on the hoist, rolling the engine and box under and lowering the car onto them and bolting them up. Is this the best way to do it? any other suggestions? By now I'm sure you can tell the reason for this is the car I'm pulling things out of is a rust bucket and the car I'm putting everything into is rust free and painted. yes, ill try and take as many pictures as possible and post them somewhere. thanks in advance.
david...
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   TA22 into a TA22  DonutsThu, 12 February 2004 08:27
Read Message   Re: TA22 into a TA22 rxtoySat, 14 February 2004 11:49
Previous Topic:Sprinter suspension spec suggestions? (spring poundage & swaybar thickness?)
Next Topic:mechanical vs electric gauges

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 11:28:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040059089660645 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.