Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MrPotatoHead
Occasional Poster

May 2003
How far will $2000 go Tue, 10 February 2004 15:49 Go to next message
Well i've had my AW11 for a few weeks now, and i'm getting used to it, so naturally...i want more Evil or Very Mad

Questions is, with a stock 4AGZE and $2000 to spend on mods, what kind of work is within that budget, and what kind of numbers can i aim for?
  Send a private message to this user    
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: How far will $2000 go Tue, 10 February 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nevo pulley kit, or ditch the supercharge, get a turbo t28 ? with custom manifold.
MrPotatoHead
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: How far will $2000 go Fri, 13 February 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone else?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: How far will $2000 go Fri, 13 February 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrPotatoHead wrote on Sat, 14 February 2004 00:01

anyone else?

sprintr, I beleive you were just majorly dissed! Laughing Laughing Laughing
MrPotatoHead
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: How far will $2000 go Fri, 13 February 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed perhaps that should have been "anything else". As far as i know the pulley kit is about $500, and would only be a few hundred for install, so that still leaves over $1000. must be something i can do with a grand
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How far will $2000 go Fri, 13 February 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suspension?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How far will $2000 go Fri, 13 February 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Decent exhaust?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How far will $2000 go Fri, 13 February 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuning?
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How far will $2000 go Fri, 13 February 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give it to me Rolling Eyes

seriously though, Zorst, tuning, Cams?

[Updated on: Fri, 13 February 2004 14:55]

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: How far will $2000 go Fri, 13 February 2004 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
save the extra 1000 for the speeding fines Razz
MrPotatoHead
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: How far will $2000 go Sun, 15 February 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with cams, i heard somewhere i can use the NA 4AGE cams, which will give extra lift and duration...is this true?
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: How far will $2000 go Sun, 15 February 2004 09:36 Go to previous message
I don't know too much about this car in particular, but from more of a general standpoint:

Have you given the car a good overhaul yet? Plugs, belts, fluids, radiator flush, etc? Checked out the suspension and brakes? I wouldn't be doing a thing until the above were at least at an as-new standard.

If it's all okay and in good nick, I would still consider spending the money on brakes, suspension and tyres. It's very easy to get complacent - it's never going to be a rocketship but they are a very sporty little machine, so these kind of things can really transform your driving experience (and you can well an truly swallow two grand with suspension/brakes/tyres).

This way you end up with a car that is more fun to drive, a lot safer, and that you are less likely to get in trouble with (ie. speeding fines).

Personally I would consider doing the brakes and suspension to a reasonable level, then holding onto any remaining money and adding to it. If you had an extra couple of grand you would be able to pull off a high quality turbo conversion and get a fantastic result.

If you're hell-bent on spending your money on easy performance then invest in a pulley kit and good induction/exhaust system to suit the motor. In my opinion this is the WRONG way to go - as you said above, you are already bored of the performance, what makes you think a 10% increase (or whatever) will last you?

Oh, and two things I've learned:

* if you can't do it yourself, then learn to or find someone who can help - it will save you heaps. forums people are a very friendly lot. Just be careful whose advice you take, not everyone is as much of an expert as they claim.
* do it right, ONCE. do it bodgy then you just have to do it again...

[Updated on: Sun, 15 February 2004 09:40]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corona at Calder 28/1. Info?
Next Topic:2t turbo options
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 22:39:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054781436920166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.