Toymods » Tech & Conversions » problem with TA23 hilux/pug/corona brake upgrade

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
problem with TA23 hilux/pug/corona brake upgrade Sun, 15 February 2004 01:14 Go to next message
the holes at the bottom of my struts don't line up, the struts have got a 90 mm gap and the arms (the bit they bolt to) have got an 85 mm gap. these ARE RT132 struts, i took them off the car myself so i'm pretty damn sure about that. Why don't they fit? has somebody previously modified my Celica front struts (i don't think so cause my RA28 struts bolt in as well)????? anybody got any ideas, i've spent some decent money on these struts getting them up to standard so i don't want to have to start again, can i use the RT132 control arms? or are they the wrong length?

HELP
  Send a private message to this user    
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: problem with TA23 hilux/pug/corona brake upgrade Sun, 15 February 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, i just made the trip down to pick a part (nz pick and payless) and got some MX60 (they crushed the RT132 i got my struts from) drop arms, they've got the right spacing to go onto the strut and the spacing between the other two bolt holes is only about 2 mm out. is this going to cause much trouble with my steering or can i adjust this out with my tie rod ends? i realise that setting up steering geometry is pretty complicated but its only 2 mm, will it be ok?
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: problem with TA23 hilux/pug/corona brake upgrade Sun, 15 February 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be able to adjust it out with the tie rod ends - or at least I hope so cause mine were HEAPS more than 2mm out Smile
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: problem with TA23 hilux/pug/corona brake upgrade Sun, 15 February 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doesn't matter anymore, i just measured the internal diameter on the hole where it goes on to the arm that comes down from the crossmember and they're different. gutted. Confused don't suppose anyone knows if there's a lower bush that'll fit that arm at the bottom but fit the MX60 drop arm at the top??? or where i can find it out?

got to get the car back on its wheels within the week and its starting to not look good
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: problem with TA23 hilux/pug/corona brake upgrade Sun, 15 February 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No idea... I used XT130 steering arms (drop arms???) the first time I did this conversion, and used AE86 ones the second time... The first time I also used XT130 lower control arms, the second time I used Mitsubishi Scorpion ones, but I've had issues with the balljoint.
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: problem with TA23 hilux/pug/corona brake upgrade Sun, 15 February 2004 07:30 Go to previous message
yeah, i think the lower ball joint spline has a bigger diameter on corolla's and corona's so i can't use those ones, i was reading in the front brake upgrade article (the GX61 one) that the only two steering arms (yeah, thats what i meant by drop arms) that will work are the *A6* ones or the ST141 ones. now its just a matter of finding them. hopefully not too hard, have to go pick a parting again soon i think Very Happy

cheers
Matt
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:reading error codes - 1g-gte
Next Topic:Cressida 1JZ-GTE Conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 06:11:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039019584655762 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.