Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4age16v with no problems not running properly???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thekemist
Regular

August 2002
4age16v with no problems not running properly??? Sat, 17 August 2002 07:47 Go to next message
have an 89 sx 100kw
anyway ive driven cars civics etc with less power output but they seem to have more power
anyway i took it to the mechanics yesterday and coz i live right across the road i was watching them all day on my car trying to work out where the power loss was from anyway he said its not your engine
he did a compression test ...150lbs per cylinder so no probs there ..timing was abit out at 13degress thats no biggy its not detonating or anything ..he checked the exhaust/cat looked for blockages etc..no probs there took the exhaust system off test drove it ..no difference..removed my cold air intake no change changed spark plugs ..the guy was confused as hell coz he said your engine is running fine..but its not 100kw ..he said u could have got a lemon ..(which i have known to happen to someone and their commodore) but hes like trying to think wat else he can do to get the power out of it and call me when he knows wat else to do..anyway the guy was a top bloke and seeing as i saw him spend about 4hours on my car and charged me 70$ inc spark plugs i know i can pretty much trust him...hes in to toyotas as he rebuilt hes 3sgte for his celica so i knew he was beeing legit....anyway ...seeing as im waiting to hear from him to see wat uther tests he can do ..do u guys have any ideas wat else i can check to see what the problem could be ..i ll have a chat to him regarding any ideas u may have

thanx
  Send a private message to this user    
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4age16v with no problems not running properly??? Sat, 17 August 2002 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What colour is the writing on the top of that rocket cover??
raSkaS
Regular

July 2002
Re: 4age16v with no problems not running properly??? Sat, 17 August 2002 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cam timing out by a tooth maybe ? has it had a timing belt done lately ?

Cam
thekemist
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4age16v with no problems not running properly??? Sun, 18 August 2002 02:16 Go to previous message
cover writing is red...cam timing..well no it hasnt had it timing belt changed recently could that be it ..couldnt make a huge difference could it
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gear Box Questions
Next Topic:Ra60 Headlights :( What are my options????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 01:57:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043630599975586 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.