Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
1G-GTE Error Code 25 Wed, 18 February 2004 02:46 Go to next message
G'day All,

My 1G has been doin some funny stuff lately. It runs really well WOT but really flat and rough when cruising. Kinda like a carby fed engine with a clogged filter.

Anyway, I checked the diagnostics and got two codes 42 and 25. I looked up the list of codes that Craig kindly posted in the tech section and 42 was the spped sensor which I was expecting (don't have it hooked up)

Now Craigs list doesn't have 25 but from what I understand, 25 and 26 are generic (for all engines) toyota codes for monitoring A/F ratio's. Can anyone confirm this????

I reset the computer and it is driving as it should now. Very Happy my second question is if it was an A/F ration problem, what would be some likely causes for this alert and is it likely to "learn" its way back to the crappy tune it had yesterday.
  Send a private message to this user    
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1G-GTE Error Code 25 Wed, 18 February 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is info i have

A/F Lean

• O2 sensor output in less than 0.45 volts for at least 90 seconds when O2 sensor is warmed and 1500 rpm or above.
• open injector circuit
• lack of fuel pressure
• Ignition system
• Vacuum sensor
• O2 sensor
• ECU
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1G-GTE Error Code 25 Wed, 18 February 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers I will look into them.

It doesn't ping under boost, so i guess the injectors ignition and fuel pressure is good??? or is this wishfull thinking.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G-GTE Error Code 25 Wed, 18 February 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have the miss like in the other thread, how do I go about getting the error codes out ?
and also how do I reset the computer?

Brendon
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1G-GTE Error Code 25 Wed, 18 February 2004 09:34 Go to previous message
If you have your engine check light hooked up, then it is really simple.

1. turn engine off
2. short the TE1 and E pins on the diagnostic plug. (use anything that will conduct electricity)
3. turn your key to the on position and count the flashes. If it just flashes regularly then there is no codes.

To reset the computer just pull the fuse on the main power feed to the computer for a few seconds. If you didn't wire it up and don't know what fuse to pull, disconnect the battery. Does the same thing but wipes your stereo and could set off your alarm.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Too many headaches under the bonnet (18R-C)
Next Topic:Need desperate help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 08:30:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037410259246826 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.