AuthorTopic
dizzy
Regular

February 2004
your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 11:12 Go to next message
what was your first car?

i need ideas for a first car.
i want something that has power, but not too much power

im leaning towards to save up for a levin ae111 (i think it is)
but i have no idea how much they cost and they have to be imported.

heres a pic of a one that i would like to own.
http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/cars/ae111truor.j pg

ps. sorry if there already was a thread about this - i did a search and nothing came up

thanks in advance for your replys Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
PMP15H
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first one is an MK3 Supra which i imported, only had it for a few months
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my first car was a ra23 with a 13b rotor and 16"remotec wheels
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine is a ta22,if u want more power just put a 2tg or 3tgte in it
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my first car was a ZL fairlane. Crying or Very Sad
the ultimate road barge....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my first car is this one

<< -- over there
ae86 JDM trueno

owned it for 3 months now
imported it myself

and im 21 years young

note to all : public transport sucks
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first car was a mint UC Torana with only 50,000k's on it (owned by my grandfather). Perfect paint, interior, dash & everything (including the original am radio/tape deck)...

Regret the day I ever sold it Sad Only 'cause I couldn't afford the $70+ weekly fuel bill in the city at the time...

Quote:

i need ideas for a first car

All depends on your budget... Alot of people on this site are going to recommend Celicas, Corollas, Supras etc...

For a good first car with a bit of power i'd go an AE92 SX (personal choice) or an ST162 to ST185 Celica SX or GT4...

EDIT: Just correcting the Celica models;

Classique71 wrote on Sun, 09 November 2003 18:45

st162 - 3s-ge - FWD
st165 - 3sgte - AWD
st184 - 5s-fe - FWD
st185 - 3sgte - AWD

[Updated on: Tue, 17 February 2004 11:48]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DON'T GET A LANCER!
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 17 February 2004 22:42

DON'T GET A LANCER!

amen Razz
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first car is my 1975 TA22.... it goes like shit with the 2T but luckily a 3T is going in on friday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first car was a 1972 Mitsubishi Galant... Awesome car for $200. My first road registered car however was an '85 VK Berlina. Stolen and never recovered in less than a year. Sad
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<-- Aus spec sprinter, stock (mechanically) and it will be that way for quite a while.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First car in which I actually owned was a Series 4, 1987 mazda rx7.

Now got me a sprinter! Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well... my paddock bomb was a 72 or 73 corona..... an rt81 i think, not too sure. was auto, looked kinda like allans.

then, my first road car, was my mighty RA60. The Bronze warrior. Im so damn sad I am parting with him. With any luck we will keep him for my sister.

Im now onto the white nightmare. his legend growing to someday become that of his forefather, the bronze warrior.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my lovely ra65 celica.
man that thing gripped like nothing else.
many was the 300zx, skyline, etc that got embarrassed through the twisties by that thing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how would ya compare an ra65 to an ma61 greg matey?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1991 subaru liberty Very Happy
walu
Regular

December 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Light blue KE70 was mine. Friend wrote it off on me.
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.whitey-ford.com/imagestore/m906.jpg

this was my first.... 5 litres of fun...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my first car was one of these..

http://piwo.bl.pg.gda.pl/~mockba/MODELS/1979/galerie/galeria1/bluebird011.jpg

81 bluebird. This car was SO cool. I had so many plans for it, until my brother drove it into the big wall next to the golf course near the m2 on penno road. Sad Completely wrote it off.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 17 February 2004 22:42

DON'T GET A LANCER!

whats wrong with Lancer ?? huh ? hehehe Cool

1) 97 rice lancer
2) 85 RA65 1ggte
3) 83 ae86 sprinter 4agze

is that a lancer in your avatar ?

[Updated on: Tue, 17 February 2004 22:32]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first car was a 1972 Datsun 1200 Coupe - 58Hp of pure excitement. But it went fast coz it was red! I managed to wind it off the speedo (100mph) a couple of times but at that speed it felt like it was wandering all over the road.

Best thing about it was it was so cheap to fix. I blew up 3 gearboxes (weak layshaft bearings), got defected for excess smoke - new engine required - and I blew the diff as well in the 4 years I drove it. No part (gearbox,engine,diff) cost me more that $50!! Laughing

I think I spent more on new engine mounts and shocks for my Supra than it cost me to keep the 1200 running for all that time. Confused
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they've got really similar characteristics. neither especially fast through very slow corners, but they stick like shit to a blanket through the quicker corners.
bother are a really well balanced car - not too understeery, not too oversteery, it just goes thru the corner perfectly (although this was with a tow-bar on both cars)
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first car is my beloved Hachi Roku. I bought it off my brother for $2000. in good condition and it was completely stock. And i'm only 16 opps i mean i turn 17 today. YAY!!! Go for my licence!!!! My hachi may be on the road today with ME driving it instead of my brother who's 20v sprinter got written off by a drunk driver!!!! Crying or Very Sad
Megz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: your first car Tue, 17 February 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Megz wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 10:10

My first car is my beloved Hachi Roku. I bought it off my brother for $2000. in good condition and it was completely stock. And i'm only 16 opps i mean i turn 17 today. YAY!!! Go for my licence!!!! My hachi may be on the road today with ME driving it instead of my brother who's 20v sprinter got written off by a drunk driver!!!! Crying or Very Sad
Megz

Surprised

oh noes about you bro
too cool about your liscense > good luck and happy bday
DeanoSX
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1985 metallic blue AE82 corolla, with a mighty 4ac!
only had it a few weeks, then got the SX
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My First Car was and absolute BEAST

A 4 cylinder, Turbo Charged MACHINE....

ae86drift can vouch for this muscle bound machine...

ok ok it may have been a diesil as well... Smile

But that doesn't matter....

It was a Peugeot 505 Diesil Turbo....

BEAST....

[Updated on: Wed, 18 February 2004 00:41]

John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Poo Brown Torana" is what my mates called it. Laughing I realy wanted a Sprinter but back in 96' they were around $7000 for a good eg.
Bought my first Sprinter in late 97' for $1600 (slight front damage) had it on the road with 12 months reg. for $2500, Evil or Very Mad then spent another $200 on full K-Mac suspension I bought from a guy who's sprinter got smashed by a truck Sad lucky for me the suspension wasn't damaged Very Happy
Best fun I've ever had in a car! Very Happy
Couldn't wait for those rainy days to come Laughing Laughing
4AC in the dry was good, but the real fun would be when it rained! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Can someone say DOORRIFFTOO! Laughing
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 1st car is my TA22 1974 which i love to death. Very Happy
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift - oh noes about you bro
too cool about your liscense > good luck and happy bday

Yeah my bro's car was awesome its a shame to see such a beast get written off by some retard who was drunk and going to the bottlo to get more booze!!!! Mad Yeah thanks man, i got my licence and my Hachi will be around Very Happy Hopefully it won't end up like my bro's

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 09:21

is that a lancer in your avatar ?

That is MY lancer in the avatar. And it sucks. Doesn't it? Everyone who was at the Greenvale meet can tell ya.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my first car was a beast as well.
Turbo
Carby
3-Cylinder
Daihatsu
Charade

It was a tin can (670kgs) and if I had of been in ANY sort of acco I'd most likely be dead or at the bare minimum hugely fucked over.

But it still smoked (haha read my post on page two of home mechanic war stories) crappy cars. And out handled better cars Cool
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My ra65 with recod hilux engine Very Happy 115hp of pure grunt Evil or Very Mad
I'm still learning lots of stuff in it like what revs i can launch it from without spinin the rears etc. Got my head unit installed today and get my aircon soon and 15" superlites, slowly but surely shes geting there
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first car was a 76 260z 2seater, it was the best car you could ever own...

now i've got the ae86, was stock when bought, now just completed a 100kw 4age conversion, and hopefully the car will be a bit faster than the old datsun was
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My second car was a 260z 2+2. Spent heaps on it (Noltec bushes, KYB shocks, all rebuilt front end), handled very well (more fun than the Supra) but the rust did away with it in the end. I got tired of driving a car that leaked like a sieve all the time. So it moved in the the shed to be "restored", nothing happened and 3 years later I've just sold it for wreck value.

I still love those cars, but a maybe next time a 240z 2 seater!
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: your first car Wed, 18 February 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car i have now is my first car.. i will see u guys at broke2 cruise.. laterz
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: your first car Thu, 19 February 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First ever car I owned was given to me Embarassed a 1972 TA22. Cam with a car full of spares and 2 spare engines!! Shocked

Sold it for $250! Confused

Next after that was a blast, a 1981 Cortina 2ltr 4cyl, weber fed standard hehe

That thing did mad sinlge spinners, and it was four speed manual! Smiley =
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: your first car Thu, 19 February 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
82 mazda 323 sedan. No power. don't get one!
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: your first car Thu, 19 February 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My first car was the car i still have now
< (that one)
i bought it for $1600 bargin Very Happy
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: your first car Thu, 19 February 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First car is my red st162 got it when i was 18 and a half just before i started uni Smile
Grinder
Regular

June 2003

Re: your first car Thu, 19 February 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My AE82 CS.

Was pretty immaculate considering hte previous owner flogged the guts out of it. Blew a headgasket and the oil was always pure black. So now it runs with a 4AGE and its awesome.

Ide suggest you get the twinky AE82 if you want power but not too much. I dragged and beat a 94ish Liberty. Though naturally it was N/A and could of been auto. Needless to say i think the other driver was cut.

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: your first car Thu, 19 February 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 22:42

my
Turbo
Carby
3-Cylinder
Daihatsu
Charade
It was a tin can (670kgs) and if I had of been in ANY sort of acco I'd most likely be dead or at the bare minimum hugely fucked over.
Cool

Woohoo...... another person that enjoys cheating death. I currently own a 5 door CB70 Gtti and you really have to have some balls driving this thing. By this I mean If I were to collide with a motorbike, I would rather be the rider and not the driver in this situation.

My first car was a vitara then I relised I was a hetrosexual and sold it.

ST185 GT4 Group A
Gen III 3SGTE

GTTi Charade
990cc big block Very Happy
Turbocharged 3 Banger Twincam

Only if JUN made a 1.1 litre stroker kit

[Updated on: Thu, 19 February 2004 12:48]

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: your first car Thu, 19 February 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First car was my black ra23 celica. Unregistered bargain for 600. Prolly spent about as much on it as my second car, the silver ra23 in my avatar, and that cost 3500 :s Goes to show its best to shell out more at the start for something thats already in good nick. I still love it to death tho and I'm determined to eventually get it to excellent condition.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: your first car Thu, 19 February 2004 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my first car was a 83 corona and i still got it Razz

<----- in the pic Very Happy

best $0 i ever spent
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: your first car Fri, 20 February 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howdy people,
My first car dudes was a Mercedes C43 AMG 00 model. A pass me down from my dad.
Koolies it flew and no body new about the power under these things too bad it was auto.
Eddy
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: your first car Fri, 20 February 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like Lumpy, I too had a 1200 coupe. Cool little car. It made way for the next 8 cars and 4 motorbikes Very Happy

I should have just done one car up! I hate to think how much i have spent Shocked
commander
Regular

January 2004
my first car Fri, 20 February 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.users.fast.net/~blazer/my69gp1.jpg
http://www.users.fast.net/~blazer/

Not really sure, looks like it, probably this one.
It was the amerika model 400 big block.
POS
blew the engine
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: your first car Fri, 20 February 2004 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a Suzuki Mighty Boy, it was a bomb that was bought for me for $200.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: your first car Sat, 21 February 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the first car i helped build with the intent to own was a ZH fairlane .. Big - midnight blue, 351 clevo,c10, and 9 inch diff - total pimp cruiser with balls - but no handling Smile Had seats larger and more comfortable than armchairs and could fir 2 guys in the boot - 4 in the backseat and 3 up front - comfortably !

Total Aussie tank .. Christened the bitch , because it was a bitch not to wheelspin on takeoff .

the first car i owned and built up myself was my muchly missed 1971 ta22 - christened " the pig " I MISS IT HEAPS!

passed on from my gran - i learned to drive in it - as did my brother .. it provided our fasmily and them me with nearly over 10 years of trouble free motoring , and in the end - it was a red monster Smile

Now - got the St185 Gt4 - hoping to tread in the path the ta22 blazed Smile Power to the celicas !
frr33q
Regular

June 2003
Re: your first car Sat, 21 February 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<----This is my first car, 72 ta22, go ol skool u cant go wrong!!!!
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: your first car Tue, 24 February 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ko Ko wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 13:13

Howdy people,
My first car dudes was a Mercedes C43 AMG 00 model. A pass me down from my dad.
Koolies it flew and no body new about the power under these things too bad it was auto.
Eddy

Christ you had an AMG as a first car>?!??? Twisted Evil haha jks Laughing

As for me, my first car is what I'm driving around in at the moment... a 93 Toyota Soarer twin turbo... over 2 years and I still love it, even though the car's misfiring cos of broken coil pack connectors Mad

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/502/4903DSCN0759-med.JPG

Jose

[Updated on: Tue, 24 February 2004 08:06]

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: your first car Wed, 25 February 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<Im still driving my first car Smile
1992 Camry SV21, it handles like a rock, but has about as many mechanical problems as one, plus i get great fuel economy (9.5l/100km), if you are sick of public transport and looking for a good cheap, reliable, medium sized daily driver then i would sugest a Camry.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: your first car Wed, 25 February 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first car was a 76 TA22, good paint/interior and a new 1600cc motor was in it when I bought it, cost $3000 and sold it for $3800 8 months after and upgraded to my TA23 3TGTE which took about 10 months to build.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: your first car Fri, 27 February 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 00:37

my lovely ra65 celica.
man that thing gripped like nothing else.
many was the 300zx, skyline, etc that got embarrassed through the twisties by that thing

And just think Greg - It's now got a 1G & better suspension Shocked Very Happy

First car for me was a 1981 Mazda 323 SS. 1.5L Twin-carbie model that was dumped on it's guts and handled like a big go-kart. Very Happy
Geoff
Regular

October 2002
Re: your first car Sun, 29 February 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first car was stock engine for a while then the worked 2tg

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/jazzygeoff/my22
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: your first car Mon, 01 March 2004 11:58 Go to previous message
My first car was a ke70 wagon, stock everything but damn clean. The guy who bought it off me also bought it for a first car, but he is putting new life into it with a 4age Laughing My baby lives again! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Chrome any one?
Next Topic:toyota/celica wrecker in VIC
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 03:50:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084319114685059 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.