Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Behemoth
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Sat, 21 February 2004 07:21 Go to next message
In the manual i have it shows 4 and it looks like there are 4 sets of wires behine the dash...

but for the life of me i cant see where 2 more speakers would be apart from the ones in the dash itself.

As always any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Phil
  Send a private message to this user    
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Sat, 21 February 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
behind the rear seats up near the window, under the fabric mesh is where they aould be if your car had them.
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Sat, 21 February 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't forget the 4 inch subby beside the glovebox
doof doof doof

dodgydan
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Sun, 22 February 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup. Basically at the end of the rear windows. But not all RA6x's came with the rear speakers, but they're all wired for them.

And who can forget that 16W sub... With its own amp...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Sun, 22 February 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not even MA61's have rear speakers (at least both of mine didn't), but yes the wiring is there.
Behemoth
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Sun, 22 February 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're there... and in suprisingly good condition for 20 year old speakers.

Thanks for your help guys

hey does anyone have a wiring diagram for the amp for the sub.

the previous owner didn't use it so all the wires are disconnected...

thought I might use it until i get my own.

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Sun, 22 February 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA61's do have dodgey 5x7's in the back

but when they die after years of doof doof you couldnt buy an aftermarket replacement to fit straight in!

So most people wouldnt spend the money replacing them with toyota ones im guessing.

My rear brackets have been chopped and have 4in BOSE speakers installed there running through some pissy BOSE amp.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Mon, 23 February 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not all ma61s have the rear speakers - it was a factory option that came with the high end factory sound system
Behemoth
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Mon, 23 February 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been looking at it and i think that i'll probably just replace them with speakers in the rear side trim if i have too many problems finding good quality replacements.

I was going to put a set of fronts in door pods but as i bearly fit in the damn thing now that would probably be a mistake, i'll probably just have to find some small good quality speakers.

what size are they exaclty?? the ones in the dash?
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Mon, 23 February 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive found decent 5x7"s and 4x6"s

180watts and 150 watts respectively?

i dunno, im going to give the 5.25" subs a whirl i reckon.... Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Mon, 23 February 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In dash 3.5in

4in fit easily with a bit of cutting but nothing major

thats about as big as they will get in the dash though
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Mon, 23 February 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOME ADVICE

IF you are changing your deck as well, re run wires to all 4 new speakers nothing special just thin OFC's will eb fine never use orig wiring on old car !

put 6" up front in the door and whatever they are up the back - i would not bother with rear speakers personally as i would get a sub for the rear
Behemoth
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Mon, 23 February 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh believe me I took one look at the standard wiring and went, no bloody way, I've already started rewiring the speakers and I've got high gauge cable running directly from the battery through the firewall into the unit (and will be the amps eventualy.

after having a VH commodore and all the wiring nightmares there in I aint trusting shitty looking wire again.

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Mon, 23 February 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good on ya mate ! AND PLEASE DONT BUY 6 x 9's in the hope that the CAN produce bass.. they cant...

but since u are buying amps, i can safely assume u will be getting a decent system Surprised
Behemoth
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers Mon, 23 February 2004 05:08 Go to previous message
My plans are to run two 2-channel amps, one for the fronts one for the sub.

rears will be un-amped and mostly for background fill.

a couple of nice small good sounding subs in boxes that can be removed and put behind the front seats for when i need the parcel space.

I don't want to go extreme or anything, just want to have a nice system.

thinking about mounting the amps in that tool coparment on the drivers side rear of the trim and put a couple of fans to circulate the air... I do not want to advertise what i have in there.

wont be able to afford decent insurance for a fair while (at least until its worth it) so i don't want to make the car a target for would be thieves until after its got comprehensive Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What LSD to use in an 85 corona RT142 with IRS
Next Topic:eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 17:35:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051538944244385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.