Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2Ltr 2tg questions (NEW ONES!) I think..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Smoke
Newcomer

February 2004
icon5.gif  2Ltr 2tg questions (NEW ONES!) I think.. Sat, 21 February 2004 16:01 Go to previous message
In the quest for big revs and mitsubishi-crushing power I'm trying to put together a cheap 2L 2tg using 18r-g pistons on T series rods swinging from the 3t crank but I'm not 100% sure it's gonna work.

I'd be grateful if anyone could set me straight on a few things!!

-1. will they fit? - if I shorten the skirt? what comp piston would be easiest to get 12-12.5:1 I've heard 18rg pistons come in 8.something thru to 10.something. Suspect compression will be way too high or too low without further work.
-1b. will the stock pistons melt or disintegrate or anything?? they're not THAT bad are they?

-2. gudgeon pin right size, but wrong place? I might be able to work with this seeing how theres 2 crank and 2 conrod options but any suggestions would be much appreciated. Will go back to a 70mm stroke if I have to.

-3. I'm not sure that 320i / 304e @ roughly 12mm cams intended for a 1600cc will flow well engough for big revs in a 1800-194O. head is 44.5mm valve type with a little porting done etc. would I be better off keeping the short stroke so theres more flow to go around??

-4. thanks for reading this far!!

-5. The 3t-c and 2t-g cranks are both forged correct?? if not - is the 3t-gte crank forged?

-6. Whats to stop me machining a 4cyl crank- a 2t or 3t - in such a way that if you looked at it longways it would look rectangular in profile? like one of those anorexic billet atlantic cranks! assuming a forged crank is tougher than a billet one, it ( the forged one when lightened drastically by said maethod ) should still *theoretically* be quite strong right??

-7. if the pin location of the 18rg pistons is problematic I could theoretically reduce and offset the crank journals to shorten or lenghten the stroke - right? But then I'm looking for conrods again and it all gets too hard. or does it?

-8. can pressed gudgeon pins be upgraded to fully floating on on 18rg or T series piston?

Any advice at all from ppl with Big bore 2tg experience would be much appreciated!! thanks
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   2Ltr 2tg questions (NEW ONES!) I think..  SmokeSat, 21 February 2004 16:01
Read Message   Re: 2Ltr 2tg questions (NEW ONES!) I think.. people100Sat, 21 February 2004 20:44
Read Message   Re: 2Ltr 2tg questions (NEW ONES!) I think.. Jonny2TGSun, 22 February 2004 02:03
Read Message   Re: 2Ltr 2tg questions (NEW ONES!) I think.. SeptemberSquallIndustriesSun, 22 February 2004 09:05
Read Message   Re: 2Ltr 2tg questions (NEW ONES!) I think.. SmokeThu, 26 February 2004 13:19
Read Message   Re: 2Ltr 2tg questions (NEW ONES!) I think.. SeptemberSquallIndustriesThu, 26 February 2004 13:44
Previous Topic:Clutch cylinder sizing to change travel
Next Topic:3S-GTE firing order?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Oct 6 08:21:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070979595184326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.