Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Chances of buying a soarer for $4-6K

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Chances of buying a soarer for $4-6K Thu, 26 February 2004 06:42 Go to next message
As the title says, what are the chances of buying a mid to late 80's manual turbo soarer? is this possible or am i dreaming?

[Updated on: Thu, 26 February 2004 07:05]

Send a private message to this user    
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Chances of buying a soarer for $4-6K Thu, 26 February 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont think they came manual in stock form
so it'd be a bit more....
try this thread
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=29251&start=0&rid=2114&S=bcf77ba371e 8af1344eb951983086ef4
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Chances of buying a soarer for $4-6K Thu, 26 February 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For 4-6k i would say not very likley, even less likley for manual.
If you did get one for this price im guessing there would be something seriously wrong with the car.
Good luck in finding a bargain tho.
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Chances of buying a soarer for $4-6K Thu, 26 February 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The girlfriend has a 3.0 Turbo Automatic in immaculate condition for $6.5 K with cruise and air purifier , elec seats etc etc
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Chances of buying a soarer for $4-6K Thu, 26 February 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just sold my TA22, so i'm now in the market, but i'm thinking that all i'll find is an automatic, but down the line i can always do a conversion to a 1J, found this ad in the trading post,
1988 soarer, 24 valve twin turbo, 1 year rego, air con, mechanically A1, new brakes, $4500 neg
what should i look out for when looking for a soarer, any common problems with them that i should look out for?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Chances of buying a soarer for $4-6K Thu, 26 February 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your looking to keep the engine.. get a 7m gte 3 litre single turbo
not the twin turbo 1g gte
simply doesent have enough stonk for such a barge of a car.
if ur going to 1j it then get whatever
id suggest keeping the 7m.. slapping a manual on it and modding it with the money u would spend on a conversion
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Chances of buying a soarer for $4-6K Thu, 26 February 2004 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You won't find a manual unless someone has modified it... the MZ didn't come in a manual at all. There are a few floating around for that price so don't discount it completely!

Dan
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Chances of buying a soarer for $4-6K Thu, 26 February 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can find one's in decent condition for that price, I just sold mine, and contrary to popular belief, it was a beautiful car, appart from the damaged door, the general reason for the low sale price is that it is impossible to sell an unknown car in an area where there is no market for it, especially when it has body damage.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Chances of buying a soarer for $4-6K Sun, 29 February 2004 08:39 Go to previous message
thanks for that, just wondering what the fuel consumption is like with the 7m and the 1g?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wanted soarer in sydney 88 model
Next Topic:WTB New car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 14:56:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013132095336914 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.