Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » I think i got flashed! How can u tell?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Sun, 18 August 2002 01:51 Go to next message

I was traveling back from the coast at about 12:45pm last night along the M1, and i was just overtaking a slow sigma when i got a flash on my right hand side. I couldn't have been doing more than 115km'h in a 110 zone cause my mate in front overtook him first and didn't get a flash, and he said he was doing 110 max.

I know its sounds a bit paraniod but i'd like to keep my points and money. Is there anyway to find out if u did get flashed???
Did anyone see a speed camera about 5min past yatala BP- heading towards Ipswich??? Or did anyone see a camera anywhere along the M1 heading that way? The flash defintely came from the right, and when i looked back all i could see was the side barriers, but i can't be sure.
It might have been from the opposite direction and i got a glimpse of their capture, i couldn't tell.
Any help is muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

PS- good to see a lot of nice cars up at the BWCP 2. A good turn-out.

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Sun, 18 August 2002 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The camera might have been facing the south bound traffic!
If you were only doing 115 in a 110 zone you should be ok!
The only thing you can do is 4 weeks and see if it shows in the mail!
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Mon, 19 August 2002 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got done for 125 heading north on the freeway at Yatala so I can confirm there is a camera there. But the photo was taken from my left.

Lets hope it was out of film, or they may let you go for 115.

sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Tue, 20 August 2002 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was it taken just after a bridge??? What time was it? and u mean the M1???

I don't think it was yatala BP, whats the other BP on the other side called- is it coomera???If so it would have been 10 minutes after driving past there.

Thanks
Ben
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Tue, 20 August 2002 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cant remember if there was a bridge it was a couple of months ago about 9am.

I was on the big ass 4 lane freeway b/w gold coast and brisvegas. Is that the M1?(I am from Sydney).

The fine said Yatala. Dunno where Coomera is.

sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Tue, 20 August 2002 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i was asking if there was a camera that night.
Thanks anyway, but i think it was on my right side and it would have been a mobile camera van(it was in the open/30 seconds after a bridge). And would have moved in this time.

Thanks anyway
Ben
strober
Regular

June 2002
speedcameras? Tue, 20 August 2002 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt there usually 2 sequencial flashes? thats how we determined velocity back in high school physics. Skull - Blink i used to have a strobe light in the car and it used to freak'n scare me wen it flashed for no apparant reason.
red light cameras are single flash, and i think all traffic photos have to be taken from behind the car, not infront.
if it was taken from your right then i think u should be safe. give us an update to your situ in a few weeks time. we can all learn sumthin
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Tue, 20 August 2002 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They dont use the light flashes to determine your speed they use radar.

Red light cameras flash more than once if you stay in the intersection. I saw this guy once who stopped over the white line at the lights and the flash kept going off until the lights change.

My speed camera fine was taken of the front of the car.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Wed, 21 August 2002 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe there was a smart ass in another car that decided to take a photo to make it look like a speed camera... I've had that done before and it does look like a camera...
Speed cameras only flash once...
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Wed, 21 August 2002 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont get me wrong or nothing but i remember reading somewhere that taking speeding shots from the front of an oncoming vehicle was illegal. the article went on to explain that if it were taken oncoming it would be dangerous for the driver of the vehicle as they would be stunned by the flash which could cause an accident. i cant remember the article or the source i got this from but most speeding shots i've seen have been taken from behind and on an angle
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Wed, 21 August 2002 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The speed camera taken of the front of my car was during the day so maybe thats how they get around that. I didnt even see the flash so I didnt even know I got done til I got back from holidays, sorta glad about that.

Havent heard that but yeah it makes sense that it would be dangerous to take a photo from the front if it was night and a flash goes off.
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Fri, 23 August 2002 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh thats right speed cameras cant take pictures from the front after 5pm ( in SA) thats when they turn the flashes on. then they all have to be from behind
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Sun, 25 August 2002 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The easiest way to tell is to look for the brown skid mark left on the inside of the window Razz Smile
mat_lennon
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Sun, 25 August 2002 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Sbyder ive been flashed on the pacific motorway before. I think this was about 10 mins before BP coomera and heading south (gold coast). Ive been flashed about 5 times and these started about 6 months ago. So i have a feeling there is someone hiding in the bushes with a camera. I was doing 110 in the 110 zone and got flashed and still i thought i got done. But its been at least 6 months and no letters. Last time i got flashed was that same night u were talking about but this was on the way there (gold coast) at around 8:30pm.I was doin 110 this time as well. So u should be alright. Well lets hope so.
Matt
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Sun, 25 August 2002 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh, bastards.

Thanks for the input! Smile
Ben
mat_lennon
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: I think i got flashed! How can u tell? Sun, 25 August 2002 04:20 Go to previous message
no problemo
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Next Stage For Cressida
Next Topic:custom intake manifold design
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 18:41:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055129528045654 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.