Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Drift'n... 4AC style...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
whatcrazyguy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Drift'n... 4AC style... Tue, 09 March 2004 00:49 Go to next message
last sunday i was driving to my friends place in bondi junction in my trusty 86, and was heading through the city. i stopped at the lights to turn onto elizabeth st, and at the time it was raining steadily, and i was having trouble keeping my windows from fogging too much...
anyway, i saw some taxi screaming up next to me to try and cut in on me as the lights turned green. they went green as he came alongside me and i punched it, trying to minimise wheelspin (it's a 4AC, but it's wet) anyway, i went up to about 4grand and slammed into 2nd, expecting the rear end to slide. it did of course, the 205's i had on the rear helping a lot on this... the steering on the car is heaps heavy (no power steering) also becos i've got 205's at the front as well Very Happy
i got sideways, and counter steered (which was easier than i thought...) and was hanging at 45 degrees for ages!! i saw some guys standing on the side of the road gawking at me as i slid by - God knows what they were thinking! i brought the steering wheel back and straightened up nicely, fanging off into the distance... an ever so sweet moment!!

anyway, i had smoked the taxi.

doing the same in the dry is heaps harder as the chassis has too much movement, the body roll, and the minimal power in the engine. did it once in the blue mtns turning into springwood from heading towards sydney, but it wasn't nearly as smooth, and i was using pure momentum to loose the rear end... ending up fishing it up the road trying to bring it back in... no handbrake use here!!
  Send a private message to this user    
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Drift'n... 4AC style... Tue, 09 March 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, throwing it out in the wet intentionally, i used to love doing that in my old TA22
Toy SX
Regular

April 2003

Re: Drift'n... 4AC style... Tue, 09 March 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goooooooo Tahhhhkooooomi Razz
Tofuboi
Regular

November 2003

Re: Drift'n... 4AC style... Tue, 16 March 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, nice work there... Smile
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Drift'n... 4AC style... Wed, 17 March 2004 09:43 Go to previous message
The power of the 4ac. Absolutely astonishing. Pure adrenaline rush material Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:aw11 vs typeR
Next Topic:Back on the road
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 16:26:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040109157562256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.