Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
ST162 Wheels and Suspension Sat, 13 March 2004 06:32 Go to next message
Hey Guys

I shall be acquiring some 17" x 7 Rims in about a fornight from now for my celica, now i was wondering for those of you out there who also have aftermarket rims, did you guys have problems driving your cars with stock suspensions?? or did you guys have them upgraded?? and also i shall be selling my old alloys/tyres, just the 4 without the spare for those who maybe want a few extra spare stock celica alloys, tyres are in good shape, not exactly sure on how much tread is on them just incase anyone was interested.

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 Wheels and Suspension Sat, 13 March 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The best person to ask this too is SCO-77K, He is probably the only person here with 17" wheel on his car with standard suspension, I really can't comment cause I got my wheels after I had the lowered suspension installed
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 Wheels and Suspension Sat, 13 March 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey wiso guess who also has the standard suspension and 17" rims......ME

Well the driving is ok, but i think the springs are screwed cos i go around to the left ad i get tyre rub but i got to the right and i don't. i take it just as hard each way. So it might just be my springs. As for the shocks i had them changed because they were shot, i cant remember if i got standard shocks put in or if i get slightly harder shocks.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 Wheels and Suspension Sat, 13 March 2004 12:23 Go to previous message
ohh yeah sorry man I forgot you had 17" rims now that makes 2 Rolling Eyes

Draza that could be because remember the standard ST162 suspension is rather soft, and your engine is a bit heavier than the standard 3sge, I have the same problem, I am currently getting a custom swaybar made up to the strength of the GT4 one, I'll let you know if this fixes it.

I read an article that it's not really good to keep you factory suspension when you upgrade the size of the rims, It mentioned they lose alot or performance because they are designed to be used with that sized cusioning profile of the tyre.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 March 2004 12:26]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Exchanging front springs?
Next Topic:received my rb20det turbo today
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 04:44:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034239292144775 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.