Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Dont you just hate it when.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
icon8.gif  Dont you just hate it when..... Thu, 11 March 2004 04:23 Go to next message
Its the kind of thing you read about and watch in the movies. Purchase a new car one day, day after new car breaks Sad . Well its happened to me, I was happily driving my newly purchased SW20 to wrok this morning, 15 minutes from home I get stuck in 2nd gear, and I was driving sedately too, peak hour traffic and all. Anyway, managed to limp up the Pacific Hwy, 7:30 @ 35Km/h in the left hand land with my hazards on, got it to my mech. Thankfully it wasn't the geabox, just the linkages, damn mid mounted engines!!! The bad bit is its going to cost me $440 just ffor the part *sob* Sad Anyway thats life. I did have an NRMA inspection done on the car, but theres no way you woulda picked that up, its just bad luck. I'm hoping I can maybe convince the previous owner into paying 50%, but hes not obligated too, so we'll just have to see.

On a good note, when it was working, it was working sweetly, just thought I'd share my pain around, might make it seem less..................
  Send a private message to this user    
mrsoopra
Regular

July 2002
Re: Dont you just hate it when..... Thu, 11 March 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$440 for gearbox linkages.. *gasp* .. Damn. Well just look at it this way, its one thing you wont (hopefully) ever have to fix again .. Smile Good luck with your car.. Post some pics up in the members rides section .

Gaz
mrsoopra
Regular

July 2002
Re: Dont you just hate it when..... Thu, 11 March 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok upon further inspection i realise you have already posted pics of your car.. niiice ride

Gaz
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Dont you just hate it when..... Thu, 11 March 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont ask the previous owner for money, its your car now your problem,

its not as if he mis represented the vehicle for sale was it?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dont you just hate it when..... Thu, 11 March 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the previous driver of my car paid half of the bill when after 3 days a driveshaft snapped on the GT4 ..

he was cool about it .. Big win that one ..

440 bux is cheap for anything regarding 3s motors or the e series gearboxes ! really!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Dont you just hate it when..... Mon, 15 March 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand previous owner has no responisbility, just 16Km's and it made me & my Dad 4 hours late to work, kinda hoping for $200, I can put it towards other fixes required. Still all in all now that its fixed, I'm really liking the car again Very Happy Drove sweetly all the way up the coast and back, and got me to work today, so I cant complian. Spanked the pants of a CRX with also with a targa roof,yesterday...first win to MR2, so its 1 from 1 at the moment. Anyhow, hopefully this is the last of the unexpected problems. I'm getting new rear tyres on Saturday, then I'll take it for a proper drive.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Dont you just hate it when..... Mon, 15 March 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shame to hear about that initial problem, but hey at least its sweet now, go nuts with it
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Dont you just hate it when..... Fri, 19 March 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive had it worse....... Purchased a Barina GSI 16V from a car yard the next day the back left wheel falls off while im doing 70km/h due to a f**ked up bearing... after picking it up from the mechanics the next day the dash catches on fire (electrical problem) and burns down the dash and all wiring.... it took two weeks to repear this and finally when i got my car back the following week the injectors seized forcing me to sell... Cursed car? I think so Sad
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: Dont you just hate it when..... Fri, 19 March 2004 06:24 Go to previous message
TryUrLuk wrote on Fri, 19 March 2004 12:32

Ive had it worse....... Purchased a Barina GSI 16V from a car yard the next day the back left wheel falls off while im doing 70km/h due to a f**ked up bearing... after picking it up from the mechanics the next day the dash catches on fire (electrical problem) and burns down the dash and all wiring.... it took two weeks to repear this and finally when i got my car back the following week the injectors seized forcing me to sell... Cursed car? I think so Sad

I wouldnt say its cursed, its just not a toyota.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:good link: fast corollas and celicas
Next Topic:2tg radiator
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 05:28:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.040380954742432 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.