Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 02:52 Go to next message
heypeoples does any one know weter the gz20 (1g-gte)engines came with a factory oil cooler for the automatic transmission

also does anyone know if the car (gz20 soarer ) could have camber adjustments on it
problem is

i got som ewheels on it and they are too wide and now i dun know what to do to lower em as they gonna scrape the guards 100 %

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a MZ20 Soarer and it has camber adjustments all over the place... i'm %99.9 sure that the GZ and MZ chassis will be absolutely identical

Dan
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude how th hell can u tell weter it has camber adjustments or not as i just have the car for about 3 days now and know s**t all about these cars

is there any way u cantell me how to find out bylooking in the wheels or sumtin

cause me wheels are a bit out and defenitly gonna rub if lower it

cheers
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How big are the wheels?

i've got 17x8x235 lowered on koni shocks and king springs... only scrapes if i go pretty quickly through deep bumps

If you jack the car up and look underneath it from the back of the car at the rear crossmember you'll be able to see the adjustments... looks like a bolt with a round dial on it, the further you turn the dial the more it adjusts your camber

Hope that helps

Dan
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate igot the samewheels exactly as uin dimension only thing the offset is 38 so its sticking out too far andif i lower it it will scrape the guards 100% cause u can see that they are alredy out side the guards loll

iil look and see if i can find that damn thing

cheers
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just remember that when you lower it, because of the independant suspension the camber will change all by itself.... mine did without adjusting it
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhhhhh

so u reckon lower it first

then see if its scrubbing ( defenitly will be ) and then fiddle with the camber

Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon that'd be the way to go! the suspension will cause the top of the wheels to come in a bit (i think thats negative camber... i always get em mixed up)

but yeah, lower it and just be careful with the guards when bringing it back down

i can tell you one thing! They look VERY pimpin' when its all done

Dan Very Happy
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lolllllllllll niceee mate
iil see what can be done to my car

also mate with the rear parcel shelf what did u use to cover up the holes left by the ugly big box spaekers

cheers
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer 6x9's Razz

Will probably make some kind of wodden base for them though and use spacers cos they don't fit properly inside the old speakers magnet holes

Dan
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hohohohoh cheers mate was wondering weter 6x9 will fit there , yeah pro need s those speaker oxes or sumtin lolllllll

im just gona go with the fronts and a sub hopefully wil be ok ,

i leave my car at station so some pricks might decide to reak the glass for the speakers

lol then its a bonus with the autometer gauge and gredyy timer

Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: transmission oil cooler Tue, 16 March 2004 05:14 Go to previous message
hehe yeah always a bit of a worry

I replaced all the speakers in my car, had to get 4 inch 2 way's for the front as its all that would fit without considerable modification... depends what kind of sound you want. I would prefer 4 inch splits for the front i think as the door pods get muffled by anybody's legs that are sitting in the car. Thats a future add-on for me though...

Dan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:microtech mtx8
Next Topic:Nevo Underdrive Problems?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 02:56:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042910575866699 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.