Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
icon10.gif  NSW»OBBEY THE LAW OR DIE Sat, 20 March 2004 00:49 Go to next message
I just bought a ae86 yesterday, the car is very fun to drive, it came with a levin rear, the rest is stock, i was wondering where you guys hangout and pratice, i dont no many good roads around where i live, i mean im looking for a road with a lot of twisty bits

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 08:37]

Send a private message to this user  
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Sat, 20 March 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you think it's wise to discuss illegal activities like this on a public forum? Rolling Eyes
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Sat, 20 March 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doesnt this forum have private messaging?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Sat, 20 March 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Sat, 20 March 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bets place to practise drift is on a private racetrack

www.initialdrift.com.au host days like these at oran park ad eastern creek

keep it off the streets lads
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Sat, 20 March 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corner at the bottom of my street Wink

seriously though, why is it illegal to drift? As long as your not speeding it shouldn't be a problem...?

[Updated on: Sat, 20 March 2004 02:47]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Sat, 20 March 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
praetor wrote on Sat, 20 March 2004 13:43

seriously though, why is it illegal to drift? As long as your not speeding it shouldn't be a problem...?

You aren't fucking serious are you??! Rolling Eyes
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Sat, 20 March 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
praetor wrote on Sat, 20 March 2004 12:43

corner at the bottom of my street Wink

i think sliding along at 45 degrees to the road would be considered driving with undue care at the absolute minimum
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Sat, 20 March 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Try getting your car sideways in front of a police car and see what Mr Plod has to say. Somehow I don't think he'll care if you were below the speed limit.
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Sat, 20 March 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as i understand it - decent drifting fits the legal descrition of a burnout to the letter.

"A deliberate and sustained loss of traction of the driving wheels"

Being convicted of this will see you charged with neg drive, drive manner dangerous and burnout. If they make it all stick in court then you possible have your car confiscated, massive fines / loss of points and 9 month jail sentence ( for manner dang.)

Join a motorsport club and enjoy the thrill of driving silly in a no stress environ.

praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Sat, 20 March 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing yes i was joking. I have a fwd car now anyway Sad
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Mon, 22 March 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
urm,

even if the cops overlook the fact that you've lost traction and sustaining it, you'll still get dicked for cutting cross lanes.

Furthermore, to get a decent drift, you'll have to speed.

rock on.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Mon, 22 March 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anywhere where there are no cops or other cars... ideally a racetrack. tbh I dont care if you write yourself/your car off, but if an innocent bystander gets collected, that's a different matter. Baulkham hills industrial park at around 3am has an occasional security patrol, but is otherwise unattended.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Tue, 23 March 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing IM supprise, the japs are more nuts than yos guys Laughing
but your right, the track is lot less dangerous and more fun.
Can wait till the next drift nats, i hope ill have the ze in by then.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Tue, 23 March 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and ofcourse ALL you guys have NEVER done anything illegal on the streets Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Tue, 23 March 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just saying it wasn't a good idea.

Like I tell all my students... do as I say, not as I do. Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Tue, 23 March 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and like i say to everyone...

im stupid.
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Tue, 23 March 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 23 March 2004 14:52

and like i say to everyone...

im stupid.

Laughing
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NSW, does anyone know a good place to pratice drift? Tue, 23 March 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 23 March 2004 12:39

and ofcourse ALL you guys have NEVER done anything illegal on the streets Razz

The original point was that illegal activities probably shouldn't be discussed on a public forum, which could be viewed by anyone. I don't think anyone has claimed they've never broken the road rules, intentionally or otherwise. I certainly didn't. Wink
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
icon10.gif  Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Tue, 23 March 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing sorry officer, my clucth slipet at 120kilometres, thats why my car was turning in at 180º at that corner, Laughing
DAMM I wish i was at tokyo, Mad
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Tue, 23 March 2004 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Tue, 23 March 2004 17:07

DAMM I wish i was at tokyo, Mad

ummm, i hate to be the one to break it to u but they have police in japan as well you know.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Tue, 23 March 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They do, but at night theres lots drifters, they are lucky, the cops here at night just to make an extra buck, why wont they go find the guy that stoled my gti 2 years ago, ``sorry, has long has you dont have any solid evidence we can't help``FUken pigs,I knew who it has, he started acting all weird at work, the whole shop though it was im, i told the police that, did they at least go to interragate him? NOOO Mad
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Tue, 23 March 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
right...
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chief wiggum "The law is powerless to help you, I never said anything about the law harming you"

pretty much sums up the majority of police in aust
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 08:51

They do, but at night theres lots drifters, they are lucky,

the cops in japan also have crazy cop cars like skylines and such...

I'd like to see you outrun one in a levin..
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should come down with me, im going on august, cruize around at night in ozaka or kobe. At the rokko mountain pass and nanko-minami, ill show you what its all about.
There are 2 factors that makes drifting at night hard in nsw, not impossible.
1 In australia the police presence at night
2 In japan same places have far wider roads(corners)
In japan the police actually does their job at day and at night the majority goes to sleep. At night you dont put any one in danger than yourself.
Besides, remenber the runs at long st, that place whosto be packet at 3am, did anyone die?. Know that place is dead, thanks to the cops,but there are and will always be runs Cool
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
midnight wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 11:42

bubbles wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 08:51

They do, but at night theres lots drifters, they are lucky,

the cops in japan also have crazy cop cars like skylines and such...

I'd like to see you outrun one in a levin..

on a straight no, but on a road with lots of corners, byby gtr, thats what made the 86 famous, and im not getting this from the cartoon, wacth best motoring, they can keep up with cars at corners thanks to their higher speed cornering, the 2nd best well balanced drift car, the ae86, i wish toyota could make more cars like these

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 01:47]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i can jump in a sprinter and be JUST LIKE TAKUMI!

untill it actually comes to the corner and you hit a tree, or someone comming the opposite direction, maybe another drifter?

maybe you should keep ur so called drifting to the race track? where it belongs.

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
offcourse, theres a thing called experience but the facts dont lie
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes the fact is that its stupid to "drift" on the street Rolling Eyes

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you own 1? then shutup, i never seed anything about me drifting in the streets in nsw Laughing but its ok to drag Twisted Evil why have you got such a fast car if you can't speed? Twisted Evil i will say it again, ITS NOT WHAT YOU DRIVE ITS OWN YOU DRIVE ITheres another oneonly those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 07:55]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 11:25

do you own 1? then shutup, i never seed anything about me drifting in the streets in nsw Laughing but its ok to drag Twisted Evil why have you got such a fast car if you can't speed? Twisted Evil i will say it twice, ITS NOT WHAT YOU DRIVE ITS OWN YOU DRIVE ITheres another oneonly those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go

maybe you should learn how to speak english before you try and drift.

wanabe drifter wrote

ITS NOT WHAT YOU DRIVE ITS OWN YOU DRIVE IT

you will say it twice? once was funny enough Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 03:44]

adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh... the Rednecks are out again...!!!
Trent-KE30
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Laughing Damn Straight
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trentelz wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 18:54

Quote:

Laughing Damn Straight

Im not speaking in english, im typing in english, theres a big diference dopey

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 08:01]

boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is your avatar a photo of you? coz that would explain a lot about your views, attitude and opinions.... in your initial post you asked for places in NSW to drift on, you did not specify a race track just twisty road, obviously we are all sick of people joining up pretending to own sprinters, running around pretending to be japanese and pretending to drift... then they crash, kill themselves and quite possibly us! The process then starts all over again with a different person. If you are genuinly serious about drifting do a search, plenty of times this has been discussed with clubs formed and members on these very forums. But PLEASE keep your damn drifing of my roads, im just glad i don't live in NSW!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 11:45

on a straight no, but on a road with lots of corners, byby gtr, thats what made the 86 famous, and im not getting this from the cartoon, wacth best motoring, they can keep up with cars at corners thanks to their higher speed cornering, the 2nd best well balanced drift car, the ae86, i wish toyota could make more cars like these

yeah watch those 100,000 dollar 86's being driven by professional racecar drivers outrun a standard gtr being driven by a driver with much less skill......

HYP04A
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriosly, did you read the hole thing?
I dont think he was trying to say that
man this forum sucks
so theres a war and stories forum which is illigal activity anyway, and another thing i hate being juged by what i look like.
He bough my sprinter, so has it given you any problems?
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HYP04A wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 16:13

Seriosly, did you read the hole thing?
I dont think he was trying to say that
man this forum sucks
so theres a war and stories forum which is illigal activity anyway, and another thing i hate being juged by what i look like.
He bough my sprinter, so has it given you any problems?

i read the hole thing and after people suggestions to keep it on the track he still thought otherwise, i didnt jundge him on what it looks like just how illiterate he is.

theres a differnce between having a bit of a drag going in a strait line (with hopefully no one around) and drifiting around a blind corner/bend doing 80+ or whatever to even think about doing it is stupid that is if hes actually talking about drifting or just getting sideways out of a corner.

if you hate the forum go to www.hot4s.com they love to drift on the street
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he was talking to boris,
club4ag likes to talk about drifting, there arent any backstabbers or anything.

The car is going fine marco
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who is backstabbing?
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 19:07

bubbles wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 11:45

yeah watch those 100,000 dollar 86's being driven by professional racecar drivers outrun a standard gtr being driven by a driver with much less skill......

do you know what a touge is?
Have seen any big cars in then, cressida?,skyline?,Ferrari
They where both professional drivers, why do you think an ae86 is a colt car in japan and keeps there prices always up?

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 08:31]

boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not only did that not make sense but i think the purpose of this thread has completely been lost...

Mr Net Nazi where are you? Twisted Evil
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i meant bitching Evil or Very Mad
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 18:30

do you know what a touge is?
Have seen any big cars in then, cressida?,skyline?,Ferrari
They where both professional drivers, why do you think an ae86 is a colt car in japan and keeps there prices always up?

no i have absolutley no idea what a touge is to answer your first question.

and the ae86 is not a colt (mitsubishi) its a toyota lol

"and keeps their prices allways up" i know parrots that speak better english

EDIT: sorry net nazi i just couldnt resist Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 09:05]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: NSW, A GREAT PLACE TO DRIFT. Wed, 24 March 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with the corona dude on this one.

there is a big differance between having a go at the lights and drifting around corners,

if you drift on the streets you deserve to smash your car into a billion pieces. lets just hope you dont hit someone else,

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: NSW»OBBEY THE LAW OR DIE Wed, 24 March 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goto mt akina at 10pm friday nights, didn't u know? its the only place in town for driftin maaaaate.
Asking this type of question on a public board is only going to result in answeres telling u to obey the law, so heed their advice
net nazi
Regular

Forum Moderator

February 2004
Re: NSW»OBBEY THE LAW OR DIE Wed, 24 March 2004 11:45 Go to previous message

put it this way... toymods does not encourage or condone illegal activity so this thread has been locked

unfortunately this thread was doomed from the start and just got worse

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:mk2 corona coupe (MX22)
Next Topic:Interior repair...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 13:26:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083160400390625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.