Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 05:25 Go to next message

TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE
- HOLDEN GETS LANDCRUISER IN RETURN
- TOYOTA READIES V8 SUPERCAR ATTACK

Oh Dear
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They will sign the agreement on April 1. Project VETO. Raceteam will be called TIMTAMS. Tea lady confirmed the rumour.
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does that mean that the Toymods and Holden forums will put there differences aside and merge and be one big happy Toyoden family?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Mon, 29 March 2004 13:45

They will sign the agreement on April 1. Project VETO. Raceteam will be called TIMTAMS. Tea lady confirmed the rumour.

Did Dick Smith write that article?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do you steal a retired race car driver??
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could this mean I can put Toyota badges on the ute Rolling Eyes
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Creation and
Rationalisation of
Automotive
Protoypes!

That's gold kiddies! Laughing

Bring back the Lexcen!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate lexcens!!!

so for toyota to go in the Supercars, they would still need a 5L pushrod v8? So does that mean that they would be using the holden engine too?

If so, they would have a car that looks like a commodore, has a holden engine and a toyota badge. So in effect it would be exactly the same as a holden supercar now, except with a toyota badge? I don't understand Confused
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also hate the Lexcen it looked identical to the commonwhore, i think Toyota could use the holden shell and have a totally different exterior and a Toyota v8 engine and driveline, otherwise it will be another dud like the Lexcen.
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 29 March 2004 17:56

I hate lexcens!!!

so for toyota to go in the Supercars, they would still need a 5L pushrod v8? So does that mean that they would be using the holden engine too?

If so, they would have a car that looks like a commodore, has a holden engine and a toyota badge. So in effect it would be exactly the same as a holden supercar now, except with a toyota badge? I don't understand Confused

Mabey they will use a 3UZ Shocked Shocked Shocked, but seeing its holden they wont Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow this is good stuff, hopefully it will only be the afore mentioned car's re-badging. I personly hate holden nova and apollos.
And if Toyota do bring back the Lexen make it so that its has a Toyota engine and drive-line and introduce a performance model, possibly a supercharged or turboed 6?]
Is there a website or news article source?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE ARTICLE IS A HOAX PPL

If you look carefully, you see the words LIES, CRAP in there
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The pic of the new "VE avalon supercar" looks fake, also this goes against Toyota's FWD centric passenger car lineup
EDIT: "Toyota and Holden are expected to make a formal announcement in a special signing ceremony on April 1 on the top of the Westgate Bridge"
Yeah i agree its a hoax, someone has hacked carpoints website. No way would Toyota give away the Landcruiser.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 March 2004 08:39]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hacked the web site my arse... have none of you heard of APRIL FOOLS DAY? GT spelled it out for you on the second post... pay attention people! Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not aprils fools yet

that was pretty misleading i got pretty upset you know

joking Surprised Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz Razz

it was funny- you all got suckered Evil or Very Mad
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not quite, i picked up on it after a little while, but would be fairly upsetting news.
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a tad early for aprils fools though Surprised
evil bastards Mad
hehe

the TIM TAMs and tea lady thing was pretty cool
lets rely on her to confirm stuff Wink
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Mon, 29 March 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha

I only skimmed through it.. I must admit I got all too flustered over it Wink
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA AND HOLDEN TO SHARE NEXT GENERATION COMMODORE Tue, 30 March 2004 05:09 Go to previous message
I wanna work in this department...
Quote:

Our Holden source, who works in Holden's Liaisons with Industry and Economies of Scale department

Liaisons with
Industry and
Economies of
Scale department
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hi
Next Topic:HOLY K-RAP!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 09:56:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042321681976318 seconds