Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 00:29 Go to next message
For those who haven't been to Dubbo. just three quick tips.

1. IF you are attending the drags particularly as a spectator take fold out chair or blankets etc to sit on, also some form of sun protection as there are no seats or shade.

2. If you where planning on drinking on friday night, take your own grog as last year pubs and bottle'os weren't selling grog over the counter because it was Good Friday

3. From what Rolla boy and Black Supra where saying in another thread get ready for the locusts, cover up coolers and radiators with mesh and bring some replant

If anyone can add to this please do.
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Tue, 30 March 2004 10:29

If anyone can add to this please do.

4. If your ever carrying 7 people in your crown and the cops pull you over make sure u specify clearly that the car was made in 1968 and that dicky seat did not come with seatbelts from factory.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROTFL Laughing
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5. be warned.. the locals are aggro and bogan like. expect to be flipped off! Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2004 05:22]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GOOOOOLD!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQD!AtUVmymc9A2AdHnN5nqz1weLQWNV4ZihlthX3s6xZz0!3zhtX9ecMtK5!9CVL*a0Ld0QVhfY7rG5kmTpInRBENUr6yAg7f4a09cvOA8QKYhjOVxwRQ/stitt%20wagon%202.jpg?dc=4675418899778420685

5. Do not attempt to sleep around partying Toymods people. If you require sleep move to another area of the motel and avoid Toymods parties as much as possible.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7. Pedestrians do NOT have the right of way, if you are walking to the shop to get some drinks watch out for people pulling out of petrol stations as they will calmly run you over. Shocked
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
8: Local cars are often Holden V6 utes with the shittiest exhaust note (Holden V6 says it all) and they will attempt to go fast, and the scary thing is that they look like they think that they're quick. Just smile (tip your Akubra if you have one) while making minimal eye contact - smoothly educate them with the view of your back bumper bar and know that they will be too ashamed to tell their mates at the B&S ball later.

9: Sleeping at the Matildas is generally easy. Sleeping near Pete and Kylie's room is impossible (without unusual blood/ alcohol readings).

10: Maccas 40c cones are for eating and for decorating unmanned local cars.

11: At the drags, leave your bonnets closed - the locals need no further confusion.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12. hats for your bishop?
Doctakay
Regular

January 2003
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
real cowboys ride bare back. side's bro nothing out there to pick up unless your into housing comission homies or wilderbeasts... beastiality is not my thing baby.

13. bring refreshments to the drags, it's a way out there and no shade, a parasol would be good. and also a helmet for the racing.

14. a few things the locals aren't aware of: fat pizza, kebabs, sequential injection, the internet, halaal meat, or how to indicate correctly onto and off of roundabouts.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2004 12:24]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... so the likelihood of procuring a chicken kebab with hot chillie sauce & extra tabouli ... in Dubbo ... is not loking good then?

jeez, what food groups do they have out there?
bendev
Regular

July 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Mullet

Hair cut of choice.
Bellow you can see a toymods 2003 competitor sporting such hair attire.
Competitors face has been hidden due to it might incriminate me and my hair dressing carrer.

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~bendev/pic/mullet1.jpg

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~bendev/pic/mullet2.jpg

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~bendev/pic/mullet3.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2004 14:50]

TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did mean this to be serious

Having said that I have been lying around on the floor laughing at that for about an hour.

A good portion of those new suggestions apply to me.

Next question anyone wanna come for a cruise on friday night. I will be selling the 6 spare seats in the wagon of to the highest bidders. Chances are we'll meet the local boys in Blue and possibly do some decorating as YelloRolla puts it
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YelloRolla wrote on Tue, 30 March 2004 19:18

10: Maccas 40c cones are for eating and for decorating unmanned local cars.

15. Chocolate Easter Eggs shall not be thrown into the ceiling fans... (this year hehehe )
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 30 March 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Tue, 30 March 2004 16:19

7. Pedestrians do NOT have the right of way, if you are walking to the shop to get some drinks watch out for people pulling out of petrol stations as they will calmly run you over. Shocked

Ah yes, I remember that. Good times.

16. If you're taking a horrendously overpowered Supra with a glass transmission to the drags, bring a spare transmission with you! (Yes I'm seriously considering doing this).
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Wed, 31 March 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Wed, 31 March 2004 08:19

15. Chocolate Easter Eggs shall not be thrown into the ceiling fans... (this year hehehe )

Or People who throw the easter eggs will be the people cleaning them up and explaining to cleaner & motel owners what the brown stains are.

17. Bring a book and a hat to the show-n-shine. That way you can have a nap or read your book while people are pooring over your car.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Wed, 31 March 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stitt - i bit $10 worth of cones, a 6er of TED and shotgun on the diccie seat!
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
icon9.gif  Re: Tips for Dubbo Fri, 02 April 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grrrr, I hate this thread, because IM NOT GOING. Sad Sad Sad

Please oh please! take lots of photos. Oh, and while Im requesting things ... make the photos digital!! Smile

Have a great time toymodders, Maybe I'll see you all there next year! Cool
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Tips for Dubbo Sat, 03 April 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why read a book when you can just watch a dvd in my car all day:)
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Sat, 03 April 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry Esteban... There'll be shitloads of photos...
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Tips for Dubbo Sat, 03 April 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i have a digi camera. Like stitt i have been laughing at this thred. I have also taken some of the advice.

Hmmm, buy more booze.....

Steal a chair from someone.....
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Sun, 04 April 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18. If you drink too much of the blue stuff on Friday night you won't be going to the show n shine in good condition!

19. Don't fall asleep in the lounge room whilst GEE120 & Toobs are drunk

20. Bogans in Dubbo do not know about things like GT-Fours, Overhead Cams or basically anything without a tray and a bullbar
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Sun, 04 April 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What the hell was that blue stuff? I think it was a mixture of paint stripper and windex, but my memory of that night is a bit hazy...
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Tips for Dubbo Sun, 04 April 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there a schedule of whats happening on what day?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Tips for Dubbo Sun, 04 April 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also where in dubbo is it all being held? Same venue for show n shine, dyno, drags etc?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Sun, 04 April 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for details on the event check the website

http://www.toyota-nationals.org.au

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Sun, 04 April 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Tue, 30 March 2004 10:29

3. From what Rolla boy and Black Supra where saying in another thread get ready for the locusts, cover up coolers and radiators with mesh and bring some replant

ill confirm this

i drove up last night, and the number of dead bugs squished into the road is phenomenal. cars around town look berserk with the crust of dead bug they have picked up. i didnt get hit too badly - though it was pretty fucked up at one stage. if you have a fmic: mount some fine mesh or flyscreen in front of it. these things are nasty, and you dont want to be picking them out with a pair of tweesers
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Tips for Dubbo Sun, 04 April 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I read on another thread that the road out to the dragstrip is dirt/gravel... how bad is it??? My front bar has about 1.5 in clearance! Will I be able to get out to the strip on the Sunday?
Don't mind the gravel but uneven and potholes and I won't be able to get in.
Thanks
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Mon, 05 April 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey is anyone planning on bringing tools of any type. I was going to bring some basic stuff and hope that nothing goes too far wrong Confused
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Mon, 05 April 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As per last year, I'll be bringing everything. Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Mon, 05 April 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18r-g heads too?? Razz

Another quick note - make sure you have plenty of drink mixers for the night, all the shops close early friday night and you dont want to be left without any mixers!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Mon, 05 April 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quick note: Don't forget to bring your cars. It'll look funny someone running to dubbo with a backpack of parts/alcohol/mixers and no car
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Mon, 05 April 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At this farkin rate i wont have a car unless the suspension shop pulls their fists from their collective arses and starts doing some work on my car.

Been there 6 days, car is finally is on the hoist with all the rims still on it. Coulda sworn to change suspension they had to be off.

How pissed off am i! Mad
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Mon, 05 April 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
21. Don't drive through a semi-flooded road a few days before the event. Finding yourself with a car that doesn't start and no time to get it fixed doesn't really improve your chances of getting there.. Crying or Very Sad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Mon, 05 April 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you trying to tell me something Paul??? That you won't be coming as you attempted a water crossing yesterday arvo???
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Mon, 05 April 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We'll see Ben.. I'm paying through the arse to get the starter motor replaced today at short notice. Am hoping that's all that's permamently wrong as a result of it. Confused

Will still try to get there one way or another even if the corolla's not running.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 06 April 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMMIT PAUL!!! i wanted to kick your butt down the 1/8th... your about the only corolla guy with enough manliness to actually drag race.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 06 April 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 06 April 2004 16:05

DAMMIT PAUL!!! i wanted to kick your butt down the 1/8th... your about the only corolla guy with enough manliness to actually drag race.

Don't worry Witzl, I'm sure Jason will be brave enough to fend for the corollas
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 06 April 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anthony, i meant the girly FWD ones - you know all those AE82, AE92 and AE101 guys that talk and talk and never actually race? Razz

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 06 April 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
22. I just bought a bottle of Gletcher Eis (the blue stuff). People drinking in my room are required to take a shot, but please only one shot - $50 for a 500ml bottle is pretty exy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 06 April 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought we all agreed to chip in to cover the cost of the Blue Evil?

In any case, I wouldn't even consider more than one shot!
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 06 April 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i paid $80 for a 700ml bottle of hennessy. i think i will also bring some midori and jimmy. Do u think that 3 months are enuff?
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 06 April 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 06 April 2004 16:05

Should all be sweet dude - Got the starter motor changed today while I was at work. Yet to pick up the car still so I'll see how it goes but I should be on track again.

Quote:

the girly FWD ones - you know all those AE82, AE92 and AE101 guys that talk and talk and never actually race? Razz

Oh - And screw you hippy!! Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 06 April 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 06 April 2004 17:24

I thought we all agreed to chip in to cover the cost of the Blue Evil?

http://www.supernature-forum.de/supi/0208/13_gletschereis.jpg

I'm happy if people want to help out. Buy some mixers instead and maybe breakfast Smile . I don't want cash.

Norbie wrote on Tue, 06 April 2004 17:24

In any case, I wouldn't even consider more than one shot!

Your eyes glazed over so nicely after that shot Shocked

It is a good ice breaker though. (no pun intended)

I bought a new one today from my favourite shop. Goldwasser. quote: "The world renouned Goldwasser owns its reputation to its delicate flavour and to its 22kt. gold flakes"

Its actually got flakes of gold in it!

http://store4.yimg.com/I/randalls_1783_9541279
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 06 April 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Off topic, sorry Embarassed HKSPete, where do you get this? You wouldn't happen to know if they stock genuine Linie Aquavit?

http://www.nord-weg.de/rd_Norwegen/LineAquavit/image_flasche.gif

[Updated on: Tue, 06 April 2004 13:43]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Tue, 06 April 2004 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Havn't seen it, but havn't been looking for it. They've got a lot of rare stuff. Bottle shop in Beverly Hills. Same side as the cinemas but up near the big traffic lights. Nice helpful guys working there too.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Sun, 11 April 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tip #73647

When entering the town of Finley on the way home:

Do not have the cruise control set after its been raining as you can end up with your MA70 swapping ends and having to take a detour thru a drain, Thus deflating your two right hand side tires and them digging into the dirt and a going up on two rims and NEARLY rolling it

Thankfully only minor panel damage, LHS mirror and front bar are a bit sad, managed to get the tires back on the rims and no mechanical damage the MA70 soldiered on home the next 300km

What shits me off is the locals said its common for people to come off there due to the trucks turning onto the hi-way there the road surface is smooth and oily, yet there are no signs warning of this.

Battle scar pics soon...

Tip #73648A

Have your passanger side window up if doing the above as geting showered in glass from the smashing LHS mirror is not fun

Tip #73648B

Have your drivers side window up as you get showered in dirt from the approching earth!

...... Otherwise it was a good couple of days!

Allan
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Sun, 11 April 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sun, 11 April 2004 21:45

Tip #73647

When entering the town of Finley on the way home:

Do not have the cruise control set after its been raining as you can end up with your MA70 swapping ends and having to take a detour thru a drain, Thus deflating your two right hand side tires and them digging into the dirt and a going up on two rims and NEARLY rolling it

Thankfully only minor panel damage, LHS mirror and front bar are a bit sad, managed to get the tires back on the rims and no mechanical damage the MA70 soldiered on home the next 300km

What shits me off is the locals said its common for people to come off there due to the trucks turning onto the hi-way there the road surface is smooth and oily, yet there are no signs warning of this.

Battle scar pics soon...

Tip #73648A

Have your passanger side window up if doing the above as geting showered in glass from the smashing LHS mirror is not fun

Tip #73648B

Have your drivers side window up as you get showered in dirt from the approching earth!

...... Otherwise it was a good couple of days!

Allan

You is a massif dong

[Updated on: Sun, 11 April 2004 12:29]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Sun, 11 April 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit happens, and when it does it happens quickly! if it happens to you i'll be shure to return the complment!

If i had been doing something stupid at the time i'd gladly aggree but when something like that happens with no warning I dont think i deserve the "massif dong" t-shirt yet Razz

Allan
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tips for Dubbo Mon, 12 April 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll agree with keeping the windows up - when I spun my first supra, I coated the entire interior of my car in bark chips and dirt.

so guys: if you're planning on crashing, make sure your windows are up! Razz
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Tips for Dubbo Mon, 12 April 2004 08:21 Go to previous message
Holy shit dude - That does not sound good!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:people driving from brisbane to the nats?
Next Topic:Castle Hill Maccas Car Park Meet
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 18:13:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070159435272217 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.