Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Toyota watching Sun, 28 March 2004 03:41 Go to next message
Name some recognizable movies, TV series, TV commercials, etc. where you have seen some Toyota in the background or maybe staring it. Lets rule out Fast and the Furios and Toyota adverts.

Here's my list of seconds of glory.

Fourth Dirty Harry (Sudden impact), the fish market scene: Crap coloured TE27 in the background and possible blue Corona mk1 and white mk2 HT (MX22?).

Der Alte episode unknown (German detective series): Bad guy drives immaculate white MA61 in several scenes.

Back to the future: Martin dreams and drives black Hilux.

About every second episode of Flying Doctors: Some farmer driving Land Cruiser.

Fast lane episode unknown: Shooting scene in parking hall. In the foreground, red/orange MA70 in the bullet rain. Doesnt take any hits and bad guy jumps behind the s-wheel and leaves the hall in that Supra. Two fat tire marks Very Happy .

Here's some and I will send more when I see something interesting or remember some scene of quality.
Post your runner!

[Updated on: Sun, 28 March 2004 03:43]

Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota watching Sun, 28 March 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
movie: office space RA60GT in 1st scene.

tv show: seinfeld green RA40a coupe parked on street in shot outside of jerrys apartment, usually see it comming back from a commercial.

Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota watching Sun, 28 March 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

tv show: seinfeld green RA40a coupe parked on street in shot outside of jerrys apartment, usually see it comming back from a commercial.

Wasnt it yellow?
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota watching Tue, 30 March 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wasn't that the yellow CRX that was always parked out the front of his building ?
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Toyota watching Tue, 30 March 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Believe it or not, in the opening scene to one of those S Club music video's (yeah ... blame RAGE to show it - Embarassed ) when they go singing thru an old American country town on a bus, there is a scene of a young kid driving a poo brown AE86 Trueno right at the beginning. Rolling Eyes

There goes any cred I ever had ... Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2004 04:00]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota watching Tue, 30 March 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Sun, 28 March 2004 11:50

movie: office space RA60GT in 1st scene.

I think there is sometimes a Cressida out the front there too, can remember the colour tho.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota watching Tue, 30 March 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When Bill Bixby did the old remake TV movie of the 'Incredible Hulk', the scene near the start in the rain after driving home from the experiment in the lab, when he gets a flat tyre and first changes into the Hulk, he is driving a RA20/21 (our TA22). I think the wheel brace broke or a wheel stud sheared and he got angry, (very angry Very Happy) and ended up flipping the car down an embankment....
Sad

Who can forget the white GT2000 of Sean Connery/James Bond in 'You only live twice' which starts in Japan, Bond-san....
Smile
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Toyota watching Sat, 03 April 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In danny deck chair there is an st162 coupe with a huge rear spoiler.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Toyota watching Sat, 03 April 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in back to the 1 there is a ma61(iirc) at any rate its an early supra during the beginning scenes where marty is hitching a ride behind cars.
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: Toyota watching Sun, 04 April 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure it was in Jackie Brown, when De Niro is walking thru the shopping centre carpark towards the end of the movie there is a red sw20 in the background Smile
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Toyota watching Sun, 04 April 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Butterfly Effect - early celica, ra40 i think. Cool
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota watching Sun, 04 April 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Tue, 30 March 2004 14:53

Who can forget the white GT2000 of Sean Connery/James Bond in 'You only live twice' which starts in Japan, Bond-san....
Smile

They also drop a perfectly good black MS41 Deluxe into the ocean from a helicopter. Shocked
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyota watching Sun, 04 April 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kylie Minogue's Vid Clip for "Redblooded Woman"? has an ST162 ST Coupe in it.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota watching Sun, 04 April 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John K wrote on Sun, 04 April 2004 13:07

Butterfly Effect - early celica, ra40 i think. Cool

I think its an RA60 or the other model (my mind has gone blank)
but not the ra40
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota watching Sun, 04 April 2004 05:29 Go to previous message
Stupid double posts.

[Updated on: Sun, 04 April 2004 05:29]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Laws regarding car confiscations...?
Next Topic:11gig of car videos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 10:30:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046911239624023 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.