Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2T Air Conditioning???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
2T Air Conditioning??? Sun, 04 April 2004 10:57 Go to next message
Has anybody used a new aircon setup off a later model car that will mate up with the 2t/3t air con mount?

Reason I ask is I want air con, I have the mount already but i dont want to get a setup that needs to be converted to the new gas, so I was thinking i'd just get a setup off a later model.

So does anybody know any late model car which the air con mates up to the 2t mount?
  Send a private message to this user    
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 2T Air Conditioning??? Sun, 04 April 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best I can offer you is there's a standard 2T A/C compressor on Yahoo! Japan at the moment and I know where I can get as many 2T-GEU A/C brackets as I can carry for free...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl? lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpage3.auctions.yahoo .co.jp%2Fjp%2Fauction%2Fc53321206
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2T Air Conditioning??? Sun, 04 April 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about the rest of the system? I presume this is for a TA22? Have you got an original condenser?
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 2T Air Conditioning??? Sun, 04 April 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, the brackets I can get are removed from import motors out of containers, they come minus compressors in 99% of cases and not in shells in 100% of cases so I can't get a condensor and I can only get freebee brackets cause there's no compressors to go on them so they get tossed.

The compressor on Yahoo! isn't mine obviously.

[Updated on: Sun, 04 April 2004 11:46]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2T Air Conditioning??? Sun, 04 April 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, my question was aimed at Alex.
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 2T Air Conditioning??? Sun, 04 April 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to misunderstand. Realistically with a 2T-GEU bracket and compressor, salvage yard condensor core and some custom bent tubing you'd get away with it I guess. Maybe salvage an old Holden under-dash blower for in the cabin.

Seriously though, just wind the window down... Razz
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2T Air Conditioning??? Sun, 04 April 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been toying with the idea of putting a condenser on the parcel shelf. Problem with this is the long run of piping to the compressor Sad
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 2T Air Conditioning??? Sun, 04 April 2004 12:18 Go to previous message
I have access to a complete setup for the 2t/3t but the belt has been taken off because it runs the old gas, i just want to build a makeshift a/c unit that runs the new gas with what i've got and what i can get cheap
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Thermal Cutout - cooked my car
Next Topic:Anyone played with Dual Sway bars?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 03:26:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07044792175293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.