Y343036 KYB Shock Absorber 143.55 Update

Y365022 KYB Shock Absorber 284.78 Update

DC59006V Dobinson h/duty coil springs-pair 122.73 Update

DC59007V Dobinson h/duty coil springs-pair 122.73 Update

Value of goods: $981.05
Shipping: $50.00
Australian GST: $103.11
GRAND TOTAL: AU$1,134.16
Shipping Method: Australia, NSW - via Courier. - (41)

any comments on this quote, im probably going to get some king lows, to go with the rest, will it be a resonable match up?

my goals are decent handling, stiff but not too annoying ride, and possibly get rid off the axle tramp (i think thats what its called).

i have a basic understanding of roll centers, but wondering how much on-road difference is there if i don't get roll center adjuster and adjustable panhard rod ? How necessary are these, enough to justify the cost?

what have other people experieced in this area ?

and further, if i replace front rear shocks/springs should i also replace my bushings ? anything else worth doing in the process ?

cheers
Rowan
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: TA22 suspension q's Mon, 05 April 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan,
You are in Canberra.
Look at the interstate section on this Forum.
Find Mitch (not me) and or Phil, also both from Canberra.
Hook up with them for good prices for new suspension gear.
Be patient right now because both these guys are heavily
involved with the National Toyota Meet in Dubbo over Easter.
Also consider Koni adjustable shocks and Lovells springs.
I run this combo in my RA23 and it is fabulous. Phil
sorted me out for the right suspension gear at the right
price.
Cheers,
Mitch.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2004 07:52]

stylez
Regular

October 2002

Re: TA22 suspension q's Mon, 05 April 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh didnt realise the ccg guys had suspension hook ups, ill email them, cheers

would of considered konis, but figured they would be too pricey for me, but ill get some prices

thanks

you have any idea on the roll center adjusters?
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: TA22 suspension q's Mon, 05 April 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Springs:
Note that the Dobinson coil springs indicated are only ~90lb, so equivilent rate to standard but lowered ride height.

I called Dobinson to enquire as to the rate and the guy who answered was quite surprised when he did the conversion from his metric rates, and he knew that if I knew enough to ask the rate he'd lost the sale when he told me what it was.

Lovells springs as suggested by Mitch are approximately 115lb front and 105lb rear, and in my opinion an acceptable option for street use. Quite affordable too. For ~$200 any spring manufacturer will wind a set of linear springs to your spec.

Adjustable lateral rod:
Yes, it's important. Why throw that sort of money at a suspension setup and then fail to correctly align it?

Bushes:
Same point as lateral rod above; fitting HD springs, dampers, etc. is all well and good but it will place greater loads on suspension mounting points and chassis structure -- through the mbushes in these locations. If your bushes are in very good condition it's possible to get away without changing them, but if they are as neglected as mine were you'd want to look at changing them. Eurethane is available if you know where to look but it'll pay back communicativeness with NVH.

Stabiliser bars:
Have you made provision for these? I've seen the Whiteline bars installed in TA22. Nice setup and I'd not go past it; in fact I'd consider it a first port of call before springs and dampers (assuming existing items are in good overall condition).

Dampers:
The KYB are my dampers of choice, I was under the impression new Koni dampers are not available for this model any more though I may be mistaken. If you'd like to consider brake upgrades at any point in the future you should plan your front damper inserts with said brake upgrade in mind as a strut change may well be required. PM me for more info if you like.

I'm in the middle of refitting my TA22 suspension and steering, if I can help don't hesistate to ask k?

stylez
Regular

October 2002

Re: TA22 suspension q's Mon, 05 April 2004 12:21 Go to previous message
thanks for the advice, i've actually got some shortened ra60 struts to go on, got to test fit them though, so i can work out heights etc,

got to start budgetting all these parts, so i can do the work over uni break next week.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Are AE82 and AE92 wheel offset the same?
Next Topic:lighting problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 14:46:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036020278930664 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.