Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Engine and gearbox swap taking place Mon, 29 March 2004 14:36 Go to next message
Woohoo! Finally the 3S-GTE engine is complete and the old donk is coming out this week and getting replaced by rhe new. Gearbox and rear diff are getting the treatment as well (to keep the driveline matched). It's all in pieces right now, with the engine and box getting put in either today or tomorrow. Cool

In the meantime I've rented a car from sources unknown Embarassed so suffice it to say that I'm now pimpin' around in an old '87 rolla. I didn't know these things had so little guts... it's an auto (had no choice) but to get any power out of it, I have to resort to driving it like a manual. Surprised Stock as a rock, with quarter-million km's on the clock. And a big fat clock that sits where a tacho should be. Laughing

I should have this part of the project done by next week sometime. The sooner the better because this rolla I'm stuck with is piss-weak. Razz No disrespect to the rest of the rolla community. Wink

Just hoping I can meet up with you guys on the cruise up to Dubbo. Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Engine and gearbox swap taking place Tue, 30 March 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bring the rolla to dubbo! Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Engine and gearbox swap taking place Tue, 30 March 2004 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah dude, metro-driving only on the rental. It's also the most unreliable shit I've ever driven, and that's saying something for a Toyota. Sad I broke down on Woodville Rd today in afternoon peak-hour, after the little bitch ran out of fuel on me. Had to push it down the road to the nearby Caltex. Mad The fuel sender's farked as well... it's going up and down like a mad hooker. Gave it $40 in fuel today and it still didn't fill.

Well that's my rant on the rental... Twisted Evil I wouldn't even think of chancing it to go to Dubbo and back, not unless some of you Rolla boys wanna rip it to pieces and drop in a bit more pep. There's either that or the Jackass classic - the rental car derby. Laughing
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Engine and gearbox swap taking place Wed, 31 March 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant wait to see this beast in dubbo!!!

shame ur not running in the drags! but i can understand why! hate to break it before really getting to know it!

congrats and good luck with the swap over!
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Engine and gearbox swap taking place Wed, 31 March 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think somebody is getting a chubby Rolling Eyes

Hope it all gets done in time for the nats. It will be great to see you there.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Engine and gearbox swap taking place Wed, 31 March 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know... it would be great to finally get there, but alas I feel I won't be making it this year. I'm not whoring with someone else for the privilege either, it's gonna break my heart to see such nice Toyota's up there and know mine's not in it. Crying or Very Sad

Probably next cruise you guys have (provided it's not too far away) I'll be in it.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Engine and gearbox swap taking place Mon, 05 April 2004 13:34 Go to previous message
Was hoping to meet up with you guys at the M4 servos on Friday, but that won't be happening either. Had this beastie not required so many parts from Japan I'd be joining you guys and thrashing it with the best of you.

Anyways..... Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What is this??
Next Topic:Camry?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 11:31:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051929950714111 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.