Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Lsd for corona diff???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Lsd for corona diff??? Tue, 06 April 2004 01:56 Go to next message
hey guys im going to put a st141 corona diff in my ae86 but i was just wondering whether i can get an Lsd centre for it cause im not really a fan of lockers but i wanna be able to drive quick without single leg wheelspinning its tits off....bill sherwood mentioned on his site bout a gt4 Lsd centre into a stock sprinter diff and it was pretty much the same size just the axles needed to be bigger, how much would this cost me for custom axles???

cheers guys,
your help will be appreciated....
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Tue, 06 April 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not up with my Corona's. If the ST141 was the aussie made version with the Borg Warner diff, forget about buying an LSD for it. I tried with B/W head office and they do not stock any more parts for it, when I was looking for a rear axle with lsd and disks for my RA23.
Mitch.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Tue, 06 April 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the ST141 has the Borg Warner diff. If you want an LSD it's probably easiest to do a diff conversion.
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Tue, 06 April 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks fellas looks like im locking it then Razz
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Tue, 06 April 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4WD SYSTEMS in S/A sell a thing for bog warmer diffs (and some others) called a locka. Its basicly locked all the time, exept when you go round corners it will let the outside wheel (the wheel that rolls faster than the driving force)roll freely, unlike a cig locker or spool.Of course if you put youre foot into it,it will lock up for you . Anyhoo check out their website for a fair chunk of info on it.All sounds good in theory but costs a bit over $500 from memory.
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Wed, 07 April 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the link to the site???

cheers dude
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Wed, 07 April 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry dood ,dont know how to post a link. 4wd systems , google search,enjoy.
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Fri, 09 April 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers brother...
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Fri, 09 April 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just had a look at the site - the "locker" is for the bw 75/78 diff - which is basically commodore & skyline. the corona is bw 68/70

T
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Sat, 10 April 2004 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ring the place and have a chat with them. They told me they have locka's for both. Dont know how they perform on street (shit hot I'd imgine) but are very popular in 4wd's.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Sun, 11 April 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt very much they do a "locker" for the 23 spline b/w diff - it was only really used in coronas & corolla's in the early '80's. not in any 4x4's.

b/w makes lsd's (not very good ones admittedly) for the 75 & 78 diff's anyway. it is possible to swap the center out of your corona diff to a 75/78, but all up inc lsd will cost about $1500.

T
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Sun, 11 April 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've just inquired about this diff to diff technics in kogarah and they said they do a locker,minispool and there could even get and lsd centre to fit....

cheers guys
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Sun, 11 April 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've always been a tad confused, and not overly interested in the ST141 etc. diff thing. People who have stuffed an LSD in one seem to be cagey about it, as if they are protecting some kind of national secret or something... Also, the other day I saw a Suzuki 4WD (admittedly modded) pull up at the lunch shop, and curiosity demanded I take a closer look, and sure enough the front diff was a bogwarmer...
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Sun, 11 April 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just checked the 4wd systems site again and it says they do them for 25 and 28 spline b/w diffs. I'd count the splines on an axle and if its not 25 or 28 I'd still give them a ring cos they are broadening their range all the time supposibly.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Mon, 12 April 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bw make lsd's already for 25 & 25 which will work better on road than these locka things. bw70 is 23 splines. no lsd other than one from quaife ($$$$)

no easy solution

T
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Mon, 12 April 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gidday

Just a question? Why do you want to put the RT141 diff in the AE86? If you are just chasing the disc brakes the disc brakes are a bolt on to your AE86 diff housing, and the T series diff is just as strong - if not stronger - than the 23 spline BW.

Craig
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Mon, 12 April 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 25 spline can be found in the VL Commodores (NA not turbo - turbo had 28)

25 spline is still pretty strong and ok - the 23 would be about on par with the crappy D series i have in my TA22, but, unfortunately it doesn't bolt up.

like craig suggests if you want disc brakes throw the stuff from the rt142 diff onto the D series celica POS - it all fits (i think craig wrote the article actually)
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Mon, 12 April 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its an st141 not a rt141...
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Lsd for corona diff??? Mon, 12 April 2004 22:51 Go to previous message
thats what i thought too. st141's came with the 2s and drum brake diff - the rt14x came with the disc brake diff and 22re not to be also confused with the model with IRS. normally the "avante" had the disc brake setup which can be used (thats what my diff is from)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what is it?
Next Topic:18rg Accellerator linkage procedure\pictures
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 03:21:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061030387878418 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.