Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
t_temperley
Regular

May 2002
More Ta22 brake upgrade Questions Sun, 11 April 2004 16:24 Go to next message
So i just finished putting rt132 corona struts + brakes + lowered springs in my ta22.
Im mostly quite happy with the results.

A couple of questions:

1) since installing new brakes i need to depress my pedal quite a bit before i get any braking affect.
What is the best (easy,cheap+effective) option for master cylinder upgrade?

2)one of my rotors is warped and need to be replaced/machined.
rather than replace with stock solid items im thinking vented disks would be nice.
Does anyone know of a vented disk that of correct width and diameter that will bolt up to the rt132 strut and calliper?

help much appreciated
tom
  Send a private message to this user    
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: More Ta22 brake upgrade Questions Sun, 11 April 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tom, did you use the stock rt132 gear? ie the rotors and calipers that came with the struts?

if so, then you can't get a rotor that will fit that is vented (its simply too thin) - BUT - what you can/could do is run a slotted and cross drilled rotor which may help.

with respect the pedal effort it may be worthwhile going up to a 15/16 master - you can use a dual circuit pajero/triton master (thanks fook) which bolts up and you're done.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: More Ta22 brake upgrade Questions Mon, 12 April 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a side note - just heard of a place in vic that does falcon front brakes to ta22 ( ie large vented ones off an XC( pre 1980) im guessing )
Will be chasing info on this guys so ill let you know !
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: More Ta22 brake upgrade Questions Mon, 12 April 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 12 April 2004 13:01

just a side note - just heard of a place in vic that does falcon front brakes to ta22 ( ie large vented ones off an XC( pre 1980) im guessing )
Will be chasing info on this guys so ill let you know !

If its the kit i'm thinking of, it uses XY rotors and WB calipers or something. Sounds ok until you find out that they use the standard TA22 strut that has a stub axle the size of a toothpick Confused
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: More Ta22 brake upgrade Questions Mon, 12 April 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats why i wanna check it out ..

make sure its not a dodgy setup
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: More Ta22 brake upgrade Questions Mon, 12 April 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ack, with so many possibilities of stuff that fits, WHY use a 'kit' like that? Do a search, you may be surprised what turns up... Evil or Very Mad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: More Ta22 brake upgrade Questions Mon, 12 April 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we all know the benifit of the hilux pug rt 'rona strut swap - im just CURIOUS to see what they offer ..

for all i know the falcon in question could be AU which leads the possibilitys to bloody big brembos like on the te50's Smile

or it could be XP - in that case - my sneakers could pull a car up quicker.

rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: More Ta22 brake upgrade Questions Mon, 12 April 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being part way through the rt132 strut upgrade for my TA23 i've found that the struts don't bolt up to my steering knuckles. has anyone else had this problem? was i meant to grab the rt132 knuckles as well? the cars gone but if i need to it shouldn't be too hard to find another one.

cheers
Matt
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: More Ta22 brake upgrade Questions Mon, 12 April 2004 12:14 Go to previous message
Back to the original question:

You have more travel in the pedal as you now have more fluid to move thru the RT132 twin pot calipers. IIRC the T18 master cylinder is an a direct bolt on upgrade for the TA22 unit, and you go from 11/16 to 13/16 in size. (Corrections anyone?).

No vented rotor is a direct fit with a RT132 strut and caliper, as said before, it won't fit inside the caliper. BUT, a Peugeot 605 273mm diameter vented rotor with LN106 Hilux 4 pot calipers are a direct bolt on.

Matt - I have not found this problem myself, but maybe RA23 knuckles will fix the problem.

Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:center linkages for accelrator on webbers and different manifolds
Next Topic:Who makes fan belts? Apart from bosch?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 09:49:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.18593597412109 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.