Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
1985 Corolla Seca CSX "Pinging" Mon, 12 April 2004 12:16 Go to next message
Hello all, just found this forum from a friend whos been trying to help me out with my corolla problems.

well, the other day i took it to Kmart Tyre and Auto to get this odd noise in the engine fixed. For $350 they fixed the radiator and put break pads on. THANKS KMART GREAT JOB THERE.
Anyway. Seeing as the problem has not been fixed i just wanted to ask on here so i can find out what the name of the problem is insted of getting ripped off and bullsh*tted to at another place.

ill start the car in the morning give it a bit of a rev to start the day, then ill take off about 10 mins into the drive the engine starts to make noises. Not all the time but in a certain place.

from 0-50kph the car runs perfect, no problems at all, then when i hit 50 - 55kph the car (is auto) changes to 3rd gear and gets to about 2500rpm then drops to 2000rpm i lose a noticeable amount of aceel/power and the engine makes a loud "grinding" noise, (I like to describe it as a Marble in a empty paint tin in a paint shaker) this continues to about the 70 - 75kph mark in which the engine resumes normal sounds and power.

If anyone has even the slightest idea on what his problem is. please post because i need this noise fixed very badly.

Thanks

1985 Corolla seca CSX
Auto
262,383 on the clock
new radiator and oilfilter.
  Send a private message to this user    
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 1985 Corolla Seca CSX "Pinging" Mon, 12 April 2004 14:56 Go to previous message
*bump*
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:help with TA22 wheel cylinder
Next Topic:legality of those huge FMIC's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 15:44:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037198066711426 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.