Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
icon5.gif  rushing air noise in 3sge Sun, 11 April 2004 13:13 Go to next message
http://image.pbase.com/u42/adams_sx/upload/27520236.breatherthing.jpg
i recently have done a engine rebuild and the above thingg broke when i took the inlet manifold off..now there is a whistling and rushing air noise..could this be causing it..and does anyone know what it is..its at the base of that T-VIS thing on the back side underneigth it with a green clip going into it..and if anyone can be bothered..following where the air line goes to
thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: rushing air noise in 3sge Sun, 11 April 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok that picture above wants to be a panzy so go to this plz http://www.pbase.com/image/27520236
j_o_e_l_05
Regular

March 2004
Re: rushing air noise in 3sge Mon, 12 April 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just go and check it out, i cant recognise it in the pic but ill see what i can do. hold up a sec.
j_o_e_l_05
Regular

March 2004
Re: rushing air noise in 3sge Mon, 12 April 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na man no idea where that part is? i have some broader pics if you could give me a more specific area to look in id be glad to help.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: rushing air noise in 3sge Mon, 12 April 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man your pics aren't exactly very detailed, too small, too blury.

If you need held you may need to be more specific with explainations, calling parts "things" doesn't help too much, do you have a repair manual?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rushing air noise in 3sge Tue, 13 April 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's the Toyota Variable Induction System vacuum switching valve (T-VIS VSV). I remember all this because I had a bitch of a time going out and buying manuals and looking on the internet discovering which way all the rubber hoses hooked up because after a year of not touching the car all the labels got screwed and faded Smile

However, I doubt there is enough flow through that thing to be causing a rushing air noise.

Check the big-ass rubber hose between the air-box and the throttle body, that's a fairly common cause of intake air leaks. They can split when they are fitted or it may not be sitting on perfectly.
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: rushing air noise in 3sge Tue, 13 April 2004 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or it could be the inlet resonator...are you using one or not cause these are designed to reduced induction noise so when you take it off you can hear the air being sucked hard from the air filter....

cheers mate
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: rushing air noise in 3sge Wed, 14 April 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this will be no help but i know what the sound you are hearing sounds like my mates 162 was making it for a little while we thought it was commming from the under the passenger side, we never found out what it was but it did go away. it came about after we took her out on dirt, i was in a 1980 corolla at that point in time KE50 i think it was.

sorry i can't be more of a help with this.

PS he put the celica into a guard rail coming down the mountain a couple of weeks ago, its rather funny when he has a head the size of........
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: rushing air noise in 3sge Thu, 15 April 2004 08:51 Go to previous message
On that T-VIS VSV, could this effect the way in which the car idles?Mine has a tendency to change heaps, runs at usual 750 rpm once warm but then changes heaps, can vary up to bout 1600?I think it has something to do with the vaccuum hoses and stuff.Is there a relay for this?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4meu?????anyone heard of them
Next Topic:putting together a turbo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 10:05:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.091118097305298 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.