Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » should people get a warning before a fine?????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 12:35 Go to next message
MMMMMMaaaaaannnn, Back to revenue raising... you just get pulled over for let's say spinning the tyres or loosing traction as they would say... and then they want to look over your car and get you for everything possible so they can look good back at work.. I can cop the first one cause well that's being responsible BUT the rest come on..........
  Send a private message to this user    
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i've never had my car actualy checked for defects but i've heard some stories of these types of things happening. The closest thing i've had is a warning for neons, which resulted as i wasn't aware of the laws about them however i do now know clearly. I have no problem following the laws the way they are, what i have a problem with is that often it isn't clear or redaily available what the regulations actualy are. Of course if everyone followed the law, no money from fines.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have been pulled a few times for defects but have been lucky to have get warnings as for warnings i think it should be to the seriousness of the offence say tail light not working fair enough warning but say driving a car at night with no lights on because they don't work deserves a fine as to the danger as for spinning the wheels I think if it's accidental say letting clutch out to quick etc and tyres a good no fine a mate of mine lost points for that (it was accidental though) bald tyres however should be fined (try driving along the Ipswich motorway in the wet and see what it is like to drive with bald tyres!) as there is danger in that those laws are there for reasons but you are always going to have law breakers I have broken a few traffic laws as I am sure we all have but personally fines should only be in place for the seriousness or thoese who continue to break the same traffic laws
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This doesn't have anything to do with a certain carpark incident tonight by any chance does it? Confused
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shouldnt the law be a deterant ?
if so its not working as the majority of ppl see it as revenue raising only
dunno yet mes things education and skill are what reli counts behind the wheel
if you cant think laterally and exercise some motor skills (both types) you reli shouldnt be behind the wheel
doest help with the condition fo the roads
**dissapears ranting about arcaic government and miscelanious bodies of powers thought pahts**
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've never been given warnings before being handed a fine.... i don't know why it's just my luck. Also my fines have never been for anything major or serious, the most serious fine i have ever been given is "dissobeying signals to pull over" and "neg. driving" and yes i am not guilty of these fines. Recieved them both as an unmarked police car decided to race me. I also believe this was unfair as i was provoked but in a way yes i did retaliate by racing which was my fault. This whole incedent should have resulted by the officer giving me one fine for neg. driving and the rest which i recieved dissmissed and been given a harsh warning as prior to this i had never been pulled over for anything serious mainly for defects. Also i did pull over! I just drove to a safer spot but hey you try explaining this to a NSW highway patrol.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Tue, 20 April 2004 00:09

This doesn't have anything to do with a certain carpark incident tonight by any chance does it? Confused

Laughing well i was mighty annoyed. and yes is the answer....
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stupid Nokia mobile!! If only I'd found the number and got it to dial a tad quicker i might've been able to tell him to keep on driving and not turn in!

Hope it wasn't too expensive a night!!
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no it didn't thank god. actually they were quite nice after all that!!! be nice to them.... and.... well you can always hope Laughing but we are still giving a nice donation Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 19 April 2004 22:23]

Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goodmorning Smile
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And Damn I nearly followed him as well. Shocked
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Mon, 19 April 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But at least it's a colour coded sticker Razz
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Tue, 20 April 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nabbed Sad fair enough. They didn't say I did anything, I didn't say that I did anything - we just had some unspoken agreement where they would look at my car and give me said colour coded sticker, take some photos and write me down for a visit to an inspection station, and I would smile and say "have a nice night officers". They did suggest that I make a minor contribution, actually wrote a formal invite with an RSVP of 21 days.
I reckon that next time that I am in town, I may be having an informal dinner (perhaps 1/4 pounder large meal deal, 6 Mc Nuggets curry sauce and a hot fudge sundae).
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Tue, 20 April 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't see anything Rolling Eyes

So can you sit yet??? Razz
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: should people get a warning before a fine????? Tue, 20 April 2004 08:24 Go to previous message
Yes they should!!!!! That way if the cops are gay and wrongly accuse you of something you don't get in trouble. Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Its that time again
Next Topic:'cops are tops'
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 00:10:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.057088136672974 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.