Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
brad855
Occasional Poster

October 2003
I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Fri, 23 April 2004 08:22 Go to next message
OK, i have had a family member turn on me, now trying to get my project together will prove too damn hard for my poor knowledge and expensive due to my having to pay a professional. I have an immaculate KE-55 with immac interior, csa 13 4spoke mags. new shocks rougly 9months ago, new brakes and brake booster. tinted windows sony xplode headunit and 6x9's cost was 800$ on that. The car has been in the family since new, VERY well looked after only 132 thousand on the clock, i still have the stock engine and gearbox in GREAT running order, the whole car aside from my mods is like showroom standard.

My plan was to put a 2t-g with 3t bottem end 1.8lt DOHC twin carb 45mm solexs into the old rolla with the t-50 gearbox WHICH all bolts in perfect, i have had the crossmember modified to take the engine where it should sit in the car, so no cut and shut needed for the tail shaft. i have the genie extractors to go with it, brand new entire gasket set for the whole engine, carbies have been rebuilt the whole thing is kitted up to put the engine in, i have all the conversion parts for the hydraulic clutch set-up the master cylinder is already in. The only thing left to do aside from putting the engine and gearbox in is cutting a piece to modify the pedal box to fit the hydraulic clutch pedal, i have the pedal spring pedal its self everything thats needed. i paid 1200 for the engine alone, the gearbox is about 300, the whole car i am looking for 3000 the entire lot with stock engine and stock gearbox and EVERYTHING that i've mentioned for $5000 .ono. if i don't find an offer then i might consider splitting it up, or i might just pay the money needed to have it put in by a professional.

thanks guys. PM me for more details and a phone number

[Updated on: Sun, 25 April 2004 03:19]

Send a private message to this user    
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Fri, 23 April 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are u doing!!!!!!????we will get it in somehow! ill talk to u on msn tonight.

I can get a crane and more help if we need it your so close dude!

[Updated on: Fri, 23 April 2004 08:40]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Fri, 23 April 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oi man, put that engine in, dont give up!!!!
brad855
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Fri, 23 April 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Fri, 23 April 2004 19:56

oi man, put that engine in, dont give up!!!!

hehe thanks for the kind words champ, honestly i have been at this for like 3 months longer than was needed and i've had no good news just problem after problem. i would rather buy something or swap for something that already has it in. this car is my baby i hate to part with it. so you can imagine how frustrated its gotten me.
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Fri, 23 April 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can do it, you are to close to quit now. Sad
ta22gt
Regular

February 2004
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Fri, 23 April 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brad you cant give up that easy if you need any help give me a call as i would like to see my motor in that goin hope all works out will call you tomorrow and do a bit of arm twistin if need be to help,you know what gear i have up here so if you need to borrow anything just ask.Cheers NEV
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Fri, 23 April 2004 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you've come this far you shouldn't let it slip. Don't let other people rain on your parade, if this is what you wanted to do then DO it.
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Fri, 23 April 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my rolla was of the road for 2 1/2 years for the swap that should have taken 3 months!!!!!!!!
i went thru the same thing your feeling but i just said f**k it im finishing it and i love it now its on the road again

just do it Very Happy
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Sat, 24 April 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeez dont give up, to me it sounds like that you have everything there to get the package together all you need to do is put it in, and from the sounds of it, doesnt look like an overly hard job, its just bolting shit together. I have had my car for nearly two years now and it still aint at a stage where i want it, i condsidered selling it at one time but at the end of the day it aint worth it if you havent even enjoyed your car yet.
punka85
Regular

May 2003
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Sat, 24 April 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont give up dude, i had my rx7 off the road for 3 months for what was supposed to be a 2 week job, but itll all be worth it for u in the long run.

DONT forget why ur doing it in the first place - think of that fire breathing 1.8L motor revving its nuts off and that little ke55 letting it rip and owning so many cars with much higher profiles on the street!

cheers
G-TEK
Regular

March 2004
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Sat, 24 April 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh man dont give up.

my mates corona's got a 1ggte, it took us like 3 months when we started, then it was runnin, n it was auto. then he had a hectik accident, it was a write off the body, n all tha chasis droped on one side,then he swapped the whole engine into another corona, n put a 5 speed supra box, good diff, n after 1 n a half years waiting its a beast. its annoying but it paid off now.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Sat, 24 April 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK heres the plan...U are gonna get the last couple of things you need and we come over and get that engine in and going...I wanna be able to race with ya in my ta23 against those holden boys at the coast.. Laughing
brad855
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Sat, 24 April 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the kind words boys, I've had time to cool down, Just got me real heated to think family could do that. Thanks Nev and Ben i might take you up on it, i will get under it and figure out this pedal box and then get it all in. Thanks for the kind words boys REALLY appreciate it. Nev i will have that motor up and ben we can all go for a cruise to byron or something.

thanks again

brad.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: I GIVE UP - SUPER SALE Sat, 24 April 2004 09:47 Go to previous message
cools...but i may be in your passenger seat as my car is a long way off being finished yet...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ra60 struts & brakes FS
Next Topic:every thing must go
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 17:49:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056440830230713 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.