Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » Celica parts st165 & 184...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Celica parts st165 & 184... Mon, 29 March 2004 12:15 Go to next message
Hey guys got a few parts for sale let me know if your interested.
Make an offer.

- ST165 front struts, discs & calipers.

- ST165 3SGTE Gearbox.

- Extractors, suit 5SFE and 3SGE, come wth cat and flex join.

- ST184 5SFE Engine, big ends no good, block needs re-build.
(will seperate).

- 15" Mags x4 from ST184, 5 stud, 20% tread Very Happy (prob need new rubber).

Cheers, Sean.
  Send a private message to this user    
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Mon, 29 March 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interested in the ST165 struts, how does it differ to the ST162 ones?

and the extractor as well, will it bolt onto a ST162?

how much?

Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Mon, 29 March 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate not sure if the struts fit? surly someone on this forum will know.

The extractors will fit on any 5SFE or 3SGE engine.
I think the ST162 has a 3SGE so they should bolt up.

The extractors are in great condition, they were about $300+ new.
dont know how much the struts, etc are worth. ill find out and get back to you if you like. or feel free to make an offer. Smile

Sean.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Mon, 29 March 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey pepsicola yeah man the ST165 struts will fit straight onto an ST162 as they are exactly the same, the only difference is teh springs are heaps stiffer. I put a set of ST165 struts on my 162 temporarily until I got my new lowered springs and they were fine.

Disco soob, would you sell the rotors with the struts and calipers, or would you separate that first line. would be interested in the rotors alone. but if not thats cool.
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Mon, 29 March 2004 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What brand are the extractors? Do you know anything else about them? How much do you want for them? What do you reccon it will be for postage to Helensvale QLD 4212
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Wed, 31 March 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate, how much u asking for the calipers?THey're the twin spots arent they.Dont suppose u have the booster/cylinder for them too? Im in Melbourne too and am willing to pay shipping

Cheers mate
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Wed, 31 March 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-wiso
so u mean the brake caliper and rotor size are exactly the same?

-Disco Scoob
$100 on the extractor? maybe a price just to get u started.
Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Wed, 31 March 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys thanks for the interest.

wiso - will seperate rotors for sure,
(if no one wants the whole package).

isaac - the extractors are 4-2-1 then into a flex join and then into hy-flowed cat (2" pipe out of cat) dont know the brand, sorry. $160 + post. I am trying to get some pics. Will have to go to post office on fri or sat and ask for some postage quotes.

StuC - the calipers are only single spot, the twins are from the later GT4s i think. You may be in luck with the booster though, ill have to give my mate a call as it will be at his house.
i was looking for about $200(+post) for the whole lot (struts, discs and calipers), so make an offer mate. i am happy to neg,
if no one wants them all together.

pepsicola - as i said above i would prefer to sell the
whole set-up (struts, discs and calipers) together so if you want them that would be good. $200 (+post - where are you?).
how about $160+post for extractors.

Cheers guys
Sean.

zakumi
Regular

April 2004

Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Thu, 22 April 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't happen to have an Air intake tube for the 5sfe would you mate?

Very Happy
Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Thu, 22 April 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, i dont think i do mate. will have a look though.
bubs
Regular

November 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Thu, 22 April 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
long shot - still have the extractors
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Thu, 22 April 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did u get a price for postage yet mate?

Just wondering what sort of performance gains if any you had with the extractors and hi flow cat?

Thanks
Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Fri, 23 April 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep still have extractors.

still trying to get pics. my digital camera broke Crying or Very Sad .
i will get pics when i get a new one. any suggestions?

post will be $30 - $50 depending on how far.

i have heard people talk about extractors giving 10-15kw but i dont know what they base that on. there was a noticable difference.
hope this helps.
Sean
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Fri, 23 April 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know wether the extractors will fit a 3S-FE?
Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Fri, 23 April 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't see why not. Someone on here will know. Smile

bubs
Regular

November 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Fri, 23 April 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent on the extractors
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Sat, 24 April 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Disco Scoob wrote on Wed, 31 March 2004 16:58

Hey guys thanks for the interest.

wiso - will seperate rotors for sure,
(if no one wants the whole package).

StuC - the calipers are only single spot, the twins are from the later GT4s i think. You may be in luck with the booster though, ill have to give my mate a call as it will be at his house.
i was looking for about $200(+post) for the whole lot (struts, discs and calipers), so make an offer mate. i am happy to neg,
if no one wants them all together.

pepsicola - as i said above i would prefer to sell the
whole set-up (struts, discs and calipers) together so if you want them that would be good. $200 (+post - where are you?).
how about $160+post for extractors.

Cheers guys
Sean.

So the calipers are only single piston? if they are are you sure these are ST165 GT4 struts, All ST165 GT4s had twin piston calipers on them, single piston ones are standard ST162 FWD stuff.

pepsicola, yes rotors and calipers are the same size, the reason I am iterested in the rotors is because ST165 GT4 rotors have larger venting than ST162 FWD stuff.

Wait till he replies to this.

camry omega, yes extartors will fit a 3sfe

edit: issac when I had extractors on my 3sge I had a 10kw gain at the wheels, so about 15kw's at the fly, don't know how'd they effect a 5sfe.

[Updated on: Sat, 24 April 2004 05:49]

niggel_e
Regular

January 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Sun, 25 April 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

AFAIK. The very first GT4's (1986-1987) had single piston calipers. When thay updated the nose and tail lights (88-89) they also put the twin piston calipers on + I think they changed a few other little mechanical things. added gb oil cooler etc.
Cheers
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Sun, 25 April 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm no.

even the 86-87 GT4 had twin piston calipers on front and back, I know a couple of people with these model gt4s and that is what the have standard. and NO ST165 had a GB oil cooler, that didn't come into effect until the ST185. There wasn't many differences between the 86/87 and 88/89 gt4, the 86/87 had a way better gearbox on it.
niggel_e
Regular

January 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Mon, 26 April 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmmm....
Maybe I am wrong then, although I had also hear about the different gearboxes.
I was quoting fromm this site:

http://gtfour.supras.org.nz/Japanese%20GT-Fours.ht m

Have a look, mentions the brakes, gb, and a few other minor things.
Cheers
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Mon, 26 April 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah true, that site is good for information, but not everything on it is correct, there are a few other things on that page that are BS.
Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Mon, 26 April 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso thanks for your help.
the calipers are from a St165 GT4 half-cut.
i asked my mate to cheak them (as all the stuff is in his garage)but he tells me they are sigles, (i just got off the phone to him but admitidly he could be wrong).
this issue could be fixed with a simple pic (never buy a cheap digital camera and drop it from a "medium risk" height. Sad )
am trying to organise picks but if you think that all of the GT4s had twin piston calipers and you are interested then please make an offer.
Cheers.
Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Mon, 26 April 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK had a look for myself. they are single piston calipers from a 1987 st165 gt4 half-cut, and they are in good condition. there isnt even much surface rust on the rotors.

Sean.
Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Sun, 02 May 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Extractors are sold.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Sun, 09 May 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt by any chance still have the st165 struts would you? or the st165 gearbox, would it fit on an st162?
if so howmuch for the struts...and howmuch for the gearbox?, just out of interest really
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Sun, 09 May 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the ST165 gearbox have an open front diff (I'm ignorant)
Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Celica parts st165 & 184... Wed, 12 May 2004 04:49 Go to previous message
Yep still have the struts.
$200 for the front struts, discs & calipers. (they are still together). if you just want the struts then make an offer. i would love to get rid of everything.
Gearbox... i dont know what its really worth? how about we start at $280? if you are keen we can negotiate. as i said, im keen to piss it all off.
Do you want to use it for fwd. eg bolt it to the 3sge or 5sfe? i dont think this will work as its a 4wd gearbox. it may physically bolt up but i dont know if you can just use it for fwd. i think there would be issues??? no resistance???

some of the smart chaps on these forums will know. Smile

FWDboy: sorry, dont know? ignorance is bliss. Smile

Sean.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 tail lights
Next Topic:FS 6 x 440cc 7MGTE injectors $35 each
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 05:21:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15045189857483 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar