Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » what are garrett intercoolers like?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

what are garrett intercoolers like? Sat, 24 April 2004 12:48 Go to next message
Im looking at a garret intercooler atm which is 450x300x75 with bar and plate construction i beleive for 770 and rated for 500 or 600 hp?
has anyone used one of these or know if they are decent at all?..
and is 770 a decent price..
I was going to go with a hybrid cooler.. but ive been warned away from them by more people than recommended them
  Send a private message to this user    
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Sat, 24 April 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
troys (trd78) one is a hybrid brand intercooler perhaps he knows more about them although his car hasnt been finished yet.

What about an PWR cooler they seem very good my neighbour works for them and has brought home various radiator seconds and they are excellent quality plus they are local.

dunno anything about garrett ones tho but you think that a company that designs and builds turbos would make an excellent flowing cooler

my 2c

Daniel

[Updated on: Sun, 25 April 2004 00:09]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Sun, 25 April 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johal, i reckon you should just do a blind ring-around the turbo shops in BNE with the same story:

... have a 1J turbo with factory 'cooler, want to upgrade to FMIC of this size (X x Y x Z), how much and what brand? ...

then see what the forum thinks of the advice.

there was a recent forum on boostcruising that asked for names of brisbane performance shops ... i'll try to find ...

(edited to add link)
http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?show topic=36487

plus you could also try some of the import suppliers like SUPRA_MAN on the forum here and also option1garage in BNE for prices on used/imported versions of same.

[Updated on: Sun, 25 April 2004 01:49]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Sun, 25 April 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys.. ill look into it on tuesday... ill ring around all those places and see how i go.
it was WASP that recommended the garret core...
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Sun, 25 April 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey johal

considering ARE have a bar n plate job with similar dimensions for $1139 id say the garrett is an ok buy, is it new or a cut down truck core?

speak to John @ www.importbitz.com he can usually get good gear for a decent price

[Updated on: Sun, 25 April 2004 06:22]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Sun, 25 April 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a brand new performance cooler..
ive spoken to john.. he has one that im interested in.. but its further away than i can handle hehe
i need one this week Smile
ive been reading alot of stuff on the hybrid coolers.. and people who actually own them say they are actually quite alright.. so im thinking of maybe just getting one of those, im sure it would still help me get the power i want?
Any advice?
On the rolin site http://www.japparts.com.au/Parts+Panel/Intercooler s.html
Theres the Hybrid monster cooler and the Rolin monster cooler
Would there be much difference between them do you think?.. they look almost identical to me bar the hybrid has a badge on top and is alot shinier?

If theres no flow difference I would go the rolin one.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Tue, 27 April 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with munki, I bought a PWR intercooler. Not on the car yet but its perfectly made, wasnt too bad for what it cost and they look pretty cool. Mine is a WTA one though.

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Tue, 27 April 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got one from mercury motorsport today
http://members.optushome.com.au/jag7799/car/cooler.jpg
seems to look alright made and looks good... ill just see how it goes
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Tue, 27 April 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks very shiny Shocked , hope all goes well
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Wed, 28 April 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have nfi about hybrids

nice looking cooler though...hope it work well
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Wed, 28 April 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I rang around different suppliers PWR, Garret etc, I've seen the Garrett bar and plates at the factory (I wasn't very impressed). I settled on the ARE item. Why not check out their web site? google search ARE intercoolers.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what are garrett intercoolers like? Thu, 29 April 2004 00:41 Go to previous message
already checked out ARE thanks to cool1, look good.. but a little expensive.. ive got a cooler now.. i guess ill see how it goes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:freight compnay
Next Topic:80s soarer questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 06:49:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11244297027588 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.