Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
icon9.gif  4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 02:40 Go to next message
Hi, I know this has been asked a lot of times and I've done a search (a few actually) and I cant find what I'm looking for...

Ok, I've just put a bluetop 97kw MAP 4ag (origingl RWD) in my sprinter, phisically its all there and ready to go but I cant get around the wiring. First off, I'm not sure if the ECU is the right one, the engine came as a package and I'm told it all came out of the one car. The problem is it didnt come with anything that will go into the 14P socket... there is a plug on the loom that looks like it is in the right place but it wont go in... see pic

The numbers on the ecu are:

89661-12050
175700-003* (I cant make out the *)

If i need to make up my own connection to go to this the only pins I'll have a problem with are

SPD ( speed sensor) Where should it connect to?

FC - this goes to the circuit opening relay, is this an output or an input to the computer?(I'm leaning towards out put that closes the fule pump?) Is it essential for ecu opperation?

Next is the alternator, it has a 3 pin plug on the back. (I'm pretty sure that someone has covered this before but I cant find the post). i think the 3 wires that go to it are Ignition, battery, and charge warning(??) Does anyone have a diagram showing where these connect to the pins on the alternator?
Maybe someone can look at their GE alternator and tell me what colours go into the plug?

The 3 wires that I have left connected to the sprinter are White(batt) Yellow and a Black/yellow stripe&red dashes.

Then there is the igniter...
I have 3 wires that I need confirmed
Pink and a White wire to a 2 pin plug These are IGT and IGF? (but which is which?)
Yellow to a Female connector, Tacho?

There are a few bits missing that I need to get
1 Solenoid resistor, Is this where it plugs in?(the yellow plug in the bottom right)

Also It came without an O2 sensor where does this plug in? there is a green 4 pin plug at the front part of the loom(where it passes over the cam gears) Is this it? (on the right)

If anyone has the solenoid resistor or 02 sensor and would like to part with it then PM me with price Smiley =

Sorry about the lenght of this but I'm really stuck Crying or Very Sad , and a big thanks in advance to anyone who can help Smile

EDIT: for all pics go http://www.geocities.com/robert_ae86/index2.htm

[Updated on: Tue, 27 April 2004 09:03]

Send a private message to this user    
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok answer to alternator question is here should anyone need this info:

here

Thanks to Steve-AE86 Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 00:45]

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: 4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your geocities isnt working. Feel free to email them to me using my email link. Ill host them for you.

EDIT: Email on takai(at)dysfunction.ws

[Updated on: Tue, 27 April 2004 04:12]

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah your links don't work mate Smile
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try this:

http://www.geocities.com/robert_ae86/index2.htm
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try GRANT of sixworks, he's on the forum.

He usually charges but for a few questions like these he may be-able to help.

Steve
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which wiring diagram are you trying to follow?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: 4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for the ECU question, the plug which is spare is to interface with the body loom, as is the spare socket.
You can find the wiring diagrams for them on club4ag.
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using the 4ag manual found here on toymods, I'm using the "w/o air flow meter" diagrams
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Takai, Thats what I thought...
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Tue, 27 April 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump... Help with the igniter? Smile
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is some info I found from club4ag, can someone please confirm this?

pin 1= IGF (connected to ecu)
2= IGT (connected to ecu)
3= +12v ignition on
4= Tach
5= Coil

the body casing of the igniter is need to be grounded.

I think this is right to left?

Thanks
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you find out were to get the speed signal for the ecu?

Steve
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm... I think the speed signal is from the gearbox right?? The 2 pin plug?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a speed signal is not neccesary in the rwd format, that loom looks anything but a standard item Rob, all those plugs are different colours when they should all be the bright yellow, and they should all fit up to the ecu without an issue so if one doesent fit, its not the right loom. Im guessing that someones used a plug off something elses to wire that up.

output lines from the 48 Jr ignitor are as follows ..

two linked brown (one from the plug)goto the + side of the coil
black goes to the - side of the coil, all the others should goto the green 4 pin plug that links back to the harness

FROM the questions at your pictures.....

Quote:

the green one on the RHS for the 02 sensor?

that looks like the 4 pin plug for the ignitor/coil

Quote:

Yellow one on bottom right for solenoid resistor?

nah if thats a single pin its for the O2 sensor, if by solenoid you mean for the TVIS then that should be a blue plug the same squarish shape as the injector plugs

Quote:

plug wont fit, is it supposed to?

all three of those plugs should be the same colour as the middle one?? that loom looks very .... unique Smile the smallest plug goes to the fuel relay .

Quote:

coil and ignitor... where do these 4 wires go?

see above

RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 16:32

a speed signal is not neccesary in the rwd format, that loom looks anything but a standard item Rob, all those plugs are different colours when they should all be the bright yellow, and they should all fit up to the ecu without an issue so if one doesent fit, its not the right loom. Im guessing that someones used a plug off something elses to wire that up.

The guy I bought it off told me that it came out of a corolla GT, All the bits on the loom seem to fit really well into the car. I've been told that the plug that doesnt fit on the pic actually goes to the body (part of it looks like it controlls the window wiper motor) And then there is a plug from the body that goes to the computer...(which I'm gessing I'll have to make myself Confused )

output lines from the 48 Jr ignitor are as follows ..

two linked brown (one from the plug)goto the + side of the coil
black goes to the - side of the coil, all the others should goto the green 4 pin plug that links back to the harness

Thanks Smile

FROM the questions at your pictures.....

Quote:

the green one on the RHS for the 02 sensor?

that looks like the 4 pin plug for the ignitor/coil

So the 4 loose plugs on the igniter go to this?

Quote:

nah if thats a single pin its for the O2 sensor, if by solenoid you mean for the TVIS then that should be a blue plug the same squarish shape as the injector plugs

Quote:

plug wont fit, is it supposed to?

all three of those plugs should be the same colour as the middle one?? that loom looks very .... unique Smile the smallest plug goes to the fuel relay .

That really sucks if the loom is indeed "unique"... It still has the rubber seal around the loom that goes on the firewall though, I really did think it is an original loom Confused

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 06:51]

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobertoX wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 16:27

umm... I think the speed signal is from the gearbox right?? The 2 pin plug?

Um no, there for the reverse lights.

a speed signal is not neccesary in the rwd format,

So how do i stop the check engine light from coming on and off (properly). My car has had all sorts of dodgy shit done to it before and im not going thru that again, cost me too much last time?

Ive got a jdm digi dash, there must be a speed signal there somewhere, but im stuffed if i can find it.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 07:40]

RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh right Razz ... this is already attached to the car anyway (my reverse lights work)...
You can really tell that I know what I'm doing!
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We all have to start somewhere.
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

a speed
Quote:

its a 3 pin plug... check this for what I mean by the solenoid resistor (I dont think it is anything to do with TVIS)

http://www.geocities.com/robert_ae86/index4.htm

The 2nd drawing on the 2nd page shown is the resistor i think, I'm talking about the yellow plug in the bottom right(the pic of this is also on this page)...

BTW I dont have one of these solenoid resistors if anyone wants to part with one...

Oh yeah, I have the 02 sensor hooked up now Smiley =

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 08:52]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The guy I bought it off told me that it came out of a corolla GT, All the bits on the loom seem to fit really well into the car. I've been told that the plug that doesnt fit on the pic actually goes to the body (part of it looks like it controlls the window wiper motor) And then there is a plug from the body that goes to the computer

well i dont ever recall a whole plug going to a body plug and especially not that plug... if you search for an ecu pinout i think youll find that most of those lines goto sensors of that plug from memory. I can tell you one thing and that is that NO signal to or from the ecu is for the wiper LOL

Quote:

So the 4 loose plugs on the igniter go to this?

yes, you should be able to match up the colours

Quote:

I really did think it is an original loom

if i get a chance tomorrow ill pull out my old loom and take a photo of it and try and identify everything. no promises Smile

Quote:

So how do i stop the check engine light from coming on and off (properly).

well have you checked the fault code to make sure that the speed sensor is the actual fault?? you do need a sensor to make it work properly but most people dont seem to be having such a big issue with the fault warning that you appear to have

Quote:

check this for what I mean by the solenoid resistor

yeah thats peculiar ( as far as ive seen ) to the fwd's and even then not all of them, actually i though it was more for the 4afe not the 4age.. perhaps its a 4afe loom?? , in anycase none of the 4AGE conversions ive ever done have used it, and the only one i can ever recall doing was perhaps on a GZE
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Wed, 28 April 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 20:35

Quote:

The guy I bought it off told me that it came out of a corolla GT, All the bits on the loom seem to fit really well into the car. I've been told that the plug that doesnt fit on the pic actually goes to the body (part of it looks like it controlls the window wiper motor) And then there is a plug from the body that goes to the computer

well i dont ever recall a whole plug going to a body plug and especially not that plug... if you search for an ecu pinout i think youll find that most of those lines goto sensors of that plug from memory. I can tell you one thing and that is that NO signal to or from the ecu is for the wiper LOL

no, I mean the plug goes to the body loom and then to the wiper motor (if it is actually for that!) It doesnt appear to have anything to do with the ecu at all... heh, I know the ECU doesnt control the wipers Razz

RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Thu, 29 April 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobertoX wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 18:46

a speed
Quote:

its a 3 pin plug... check this for what I mean by the solenoid resistor (I dont think it is anything to do with TVIS)

http://www.geocities.com/robert_ae86/index4.htm

I'm talking about the yellow plug in the bottom right(the pic of this is also on this page)...

This plug is for the MAP sensor (it only arived yesterday and today was the first chance I had to work on the car).

Its slowly but surely coming along Rolling Eyes
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4AGE wiring help Thu, 29 April 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what u should do is lay the loom on the floor

plug everything in and see what fits and what doesnt

does 86 or 100 kw have tvis im not to sure

but tvis is controled by the ecu so if 100 kw doesnt have tvis then the ecu wont control it
u will have to run it straight of vacuum
thats what we do on the ca18t

if yr car has had dodgey stuff done to it this doesnt sound much better

when u get loom on floor
plug ecu in
2 plugs goto engine 3rd plug gis for powerign up ecu and other stuff

plug the airflow or map seonsor in
plug ignitor coils etc

stuff like ignitor and air flow plugs should go straight on if u got a complete set
another good idea is to label the plugs
makes it easier when tryin to figure things out

but before u start doin anything make sure its a complete set
u might start wiring it up and run into more probs which fuks the rest of the job up

but goin by all the questions here sounds like its a bitsa

RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Thu, 29 April 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks sideshow, I have a friend coming to help on the weekend who has done this sort of thing before. i'll let you all know how it goes...

Thanks for the help everyone Smile
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4AGE wiring help Thu, 29 April 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool

i find layin the loom on the floor similar way that itgoes on the engine makes it so easy to understand it
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Thu, 29 April 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, its kinda laying across the windscreen and across the radiator support at the moment, which is kind of similar to what you have suggested as you can see most of the loom quite well... The wires are not too hard to trace either...
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE wiring help Thu, 06 May 2004 09:47 Go to previous message
This was finished on the weekend, thanks for everyone who posted some help here... I am now in debt to a skilled friend for helping me get it all together Very Happy

Turns out the Jap spec blue top doesnt use the resistor solenoid thing in case anyone is interested... This weekend it will all be ready to go on the road (hopefully nothing else will go wrong) and then there is a noisy journey to the exhaust shop Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:confirm part number GZE pistons.
Next Topic:Will WRX seats fit in a TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 12:20:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053939819335938 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.