Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
icon4.gif  All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! Thu, 29 April 2004 03:51 Go to previous message
Ok, just finished pulling the head off my 5ME-powered Cressida and at the same time re-confirmed my love for Rotaries and their three moving parts lol! Very Happy Anyways, heads getting pressure tested and re-conditioned and what not and will be back tomorrow, however i'm starting to worry because it has to be running by Saturday and it's taken me about a whole day to remove the bloody intake manifold gasket!!!! Had extractors fitted a month ago so that side came off brand spankers almost, but the intake manifold gasket is just caked-on soo bad i'm starting to worry i won't have it all off in time and it will leak once it's all back together! I know you're probably all laughing but seriously, i'm killing my back leaning into the engine bay with a razorblade and bottle of metho and all i'm acheiving is damn shavings! Can't use the chizzle cause i cant get behind the gasket it's too baked and i dont want2 chip the bloody thing and cause more troubles than good.

I cracked out my dads air die grinder but decided that was too sketchy, was taking little small nicks out and put it away very quickly. Metal wire brush? Useless. And here's the thing, normally i would take it somewhere to be chemically done or whatever they do but there's just soo much crap on the intake, all the anti-pollution gear and what-not, that i've left the manifold in the car still hooked up to all of it. I really dont want to remove it all, it'll take too long and i know i'll put it back together and have half the stuff left over. can ANYONE help!!!

cheers, André

p.s Never pulled a six cyclinder piston apart b4, any pointers at putting it back together. dont worry i marked the cam and everything, just any special things to clean or whatever with the 5mE? hmmm, maybe i should just drop a 20B in there.... Idea ..... Nod ) cheers

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2004 03:56]

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP!  [TOYROTA]Thu, 29 April 2004 03:51
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! gianttomatoThu, 29 April 2004 04:58
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! [TOYROTA]Thu, 29 April 2004 06:02
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! gianttomatoThu, 29 April 2004 06:10
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! IRA11YThu, 29 April 2004 06:18
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! M.J.HThu, 29 April 2004 06:55
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! purpleminiepThu, 29 April 2004 07:49
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! thechucksterThu, 29 April 2004 10:28
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! [TOYROTA]Thu, 29 April 2004 15:47
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! M.J.HFri, 30 April 2004 11:47
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! RWDboyFri, 30 April 2004 01:52
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! ae86slidewaysFri, 30 April 2004 08:13
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! GregaFri, 30 April 2004 22:52
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! NorminatorSat, 01 May 2004 05:33
Read Message   Re: All the "experienced" engine rebuilders please read and HELP! [TOYROTA]Sat, 01 May 2004 08:58
Previous Topic:13b into AE86
Next Topic:Sprinter conversion order

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 18:58:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047850608825684 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.