Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
'Hybrid' turbos Mon, 03 May 2004 06:51 Go to next message
Hi all, wanted to know if anyone has had experience with the 'hybrid' brand turbos.

They are advertised in Zoom for just under $1000 brand new. Seems they have one with a T25 flange for SR20, CA18 etc. Then a larger T3 one.

Cheap n nasty, or good bang for buck?

Send a private message to this user    
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 'Hybrid' turbos Mon, 03 May 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1000 sounds like an expensive way to find out if something is any good or not.

Having added my 2c worth, I don't know.
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: 'Hybrid' turbos Mon, 03 May 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u go to alltrac.net or celica.net > forced induction forum, alot of the GT4 guys and 3S-GTE swaps run hybrid T3/4 turbos and are pretty happy with them and the performance seems to suit the engine well

thats just one example, ask the experts
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 'Hybrid' turbos Mon, 03 May 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that this confuses the question that is being asked. It is my understanding that turbora28 is asking about a "Hybrid" brand turbo. Not a hybridised turbo made from interchangeable components from the same manufacturer. If someone is selling under the "Hybrid" name, then that would be very a very clever marketing strategy - of course every one has heard of hybrid turbo set ups using T3 and T4 components (or whatever other turbo combinations you can run off the top of your head).

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 'Hybrid' turbos Mon, 03 May 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that is right, i'm not inquiring about a mix n match of turbo components to make a hybrid turbo.

There is a company who makes turbos and brands them 'hybrid'. They also make intercoolers, boost controllers, guages etc.

I agree $1000 is a lot to spend to test a product. But thought maybe there had been some real life experiences with them.

I wonder if they have just copied off a garret turbo or if they have their own R&D teams...

Cheers
Joel
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 'Hybrid' turbos Tue, 04 May 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try searching on www.nissansilvia.com I think a lot of those guys use Hybrid gear... (I know a nissan site is sacrelige... just dont take what they say as gospel Razz )
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 'Hybrid' turbos Tue, 04 May 2004 06:58 Go to previous message
the hybrid intercoolers dont look too bad.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:brake and or suspension upgrade for ta22?
Next Topic:I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 7 15:28:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.043460130691528 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.