Toymods » Tech & Conversions » driveshaft and engine crossmember's for TA23

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
driveshaft and engine crossmember's for TA23 Tue, 04 May 2004 09:11 Go to next message
due to crappy circumstances i find myself with a 2T/T50 20 spline (soon to be 2TGEU) and an R series crossmember and driveshaft. since these cars are fairly rare over here (new zealand) i can't find replacements but apparently a few other things fit.

what i've heard is TT132 corona and TA4* Celica for the crossmember. these are also proving hard to find and i've found someone with a couple of TA6* celica bits, will this crossmember and driveshaft do the trick????

if not can anybody give me a definite list of what will fit?

i've got a maybe on a TA22 driveshaft but i've heard there's a few different versions of this and i need the right one? can anybody tell me which is the right one?

cheers
Matt
  Send a private message to this user    
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: driveshaft and engine crossmember's for TA23 Tue, 04 May 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta60 would have rack and pinion wont fit i have a ta23 xmember what else are you after to finish
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: driveshaft and engine crossmember's for TA23 Wed, 05 May 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i've got a crossmember, i just got a pm before on a nz site from someone who thinks they know where a tt132 is being wrecked. i might need a driveshaft but i've got a couple of possibilities to check first.

cheers
Matt
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: driveshaft and engine crossmember's for TA23 Thu, 06 May 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chassis rails are wider on a xT6x series Celica than a TA23 so its unlikely that the crossmember from one of those will fit. If you find one in NZ you can try the TA45 Carina and the mechanicals of this model and the Celica are practically identical.
Mitch.
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: driveshaft and engine crossmember's for TA23 Thu, 06 May 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so TA23's, 28's, 35's, 4*'s and TT132 corona's?

still unsure of which driveshaft i need but after i get this crossmember in i should be sweet as to try out a few that friends have got spare anyway

cheers
Matt

ps: can i use my W50 gearbox crossmember or do i need a proper T50 one?

shouldn't be hard to find a T50 one anyway but if i don't need it it'll save me a few dollars
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: driveshaft and engine crossmember's for TA23 Thu, 06 May 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ps: can i use my W50 gearbox crossmember or do i need a proper T50 one?

All my TT132 Coronas have 3T and W50. So If your keen to keep your W50 (which is a good idea) you need to take the bellhousing from that Corona too.
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: driveshaft and engine crossmember's for TA23 Fri, 07 May 2004 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hadn't even though of that. didn't know there was a W50/2T bellhousing out there. i think i might have to try that.

cheers
Matt
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: driveshaft and engine crossmember's for TA23 Sun, 09 May 2004 08:25 Go to previous message
i've got one!!! well i've got a TT132 one. i haven't checked it yet (there's a dirty great big ford v6 in the way) but it looks exactly the same as the one i used to have and i'm pretty confident.

cheers for the advice, wish i could remember exactly where it came from

and the gearbox in the TT132 wasn't a T50 or a W50, didn't know what it was. looked pretty different, anybody got any ideas if they came out with something else???

didn't take the bellhousing cause i didn't think it would fit my W50 and didn't want to waste the money.

cheers
Matt
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae85 auto
Next Topic:AE86 Suspension Strut removal?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 09:22:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.085757970809937 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.