Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Fri, 07 May 2004 10:43 Go to next message
G-up meaning egg on, provoke etc ...

I love g-ing up anyone with a half decent car and with their windows open .. all I need to do is let them hear my supercharger whine and they are offff like schumacher weaving through traffic and the like hehhe Laughing

tell me ur experiences .. do u like g'ing up or do you get g'd up easily ?
  Send a private message to this user    
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Fri, 07 May 2004 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeh its fun... coz i know i'd do the same thing if i was fast enough Laughing
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know what you mean, it can be fun, i love seeing a car and just doing som lane changing for no reason other than to see if he wants to play hahaha, actually haven't done anything like that in a while, hmmmm
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car looks slow so I don't get g'ed up. I haven't been on the road all that much but I have let a couple of skyline owners listen to me spooling, they are usually too confused Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do it mainly to P platers ... so watch out P plater toymodders !!! Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I g-up... mainly skylines, wrxs, whatever I can find really. Oh, and HSVs - they always take the bait.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh hsv's love it when a 4 cyl rips past them... those drivers always want the last say hehe
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh we were out driving my friends mum hyundai on the way to the planet x-games a while back, and along sunnyholt road we were driving beside a brand spankin new HSV GTO, all we had to say was "nice car", then he dropped it into a lower gear and took off like a bat outta hell, tyres churning and all. then we pulled up beside him at the next 3 sets of red lights and we got a show of burnouts and hard launches... it roooooocked! lol Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 08 May 2004 10:47]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sat, 08 May 2004 17:43

i do it mainly to P platers ... so watch out P plater toymodders !!! Razz

GO P PLATERS!!! Razz
Is that your supra by any chance (in the background)?

Have to say i g others up just to get a little drag going...Love smoking commonwhores in my rolla though...great feeling of satisfaction Cool

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I LOVE the G up. I could write a book about it - dead set (shit that's from the 80's).
1) Launch a little bit hard and keep the nose just in front unitl they nail it (to give you the lesson) show them how it goes with the other 3/4 throttle.
2) say "that's a nice car" - when they smile say "for a girls car anyway.
3) After nailing V8 Commonwhore - tell them that they went very well for a 6 cylinder and that they are legally allowed to fit the V8 in that model.
4) 6 cylinder VN Commode P platers are the funniest - they always think that they are quick - give them a reality check and remind them that they are driving a 6 cylinder family sedan.
5) Let them have a win and at the next set - ask em if they care to run again? (do not laugh or smirk - be humble).
6) Drive beside them looking at their car like it is the BEST - then throttle it up a bit - works a treat.
7) If you have a friend - just point and smirk about their car, talking like it is a shit box (especially if you think that it can go).
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that only works in people who aren't sure their car goes fast enough, or are insecure.
The only times I'll be baited into a drag I dont want is if the car/bike may be faster than mine (315kw HSV, audi RS4, and a ducatti 996 are the only ones in that category so far Very Happy)
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha helps if your car can run 11's jason.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R6 Yamaha's are quick.
I've yet to try a 996 Ducati.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they're *really* quick Smile
I felt embarrassed after going against him (although admittedly my car doesn't run an 11 sec quarter)
he started off behind me, and by 100 was a length or 2 in front of me
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 08 May 2004 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=dimmy77_03 wrote on Sat, 08 May 2004 21:26]
Les wrote on Sat, 08 May 2004 17:43

Is that your supra by any chance (in the background)?

HELL NO!! my cars are in my sig ... no soopra for me !!!!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les is a wannabe Laughing
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I seem to get more people lining me up in the subaru (they seem to think its an rs turbo) then i do in the mr2 Rolling Eyes
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YelloRolla wrote on Sat, 08 May 2004 22:38

R6 Yamaha's are quick.
I've yet to try a 996 Ducati.

Dont know about the R6 ...the R1 is a 1000cc, even though i think the GSX-R1000 Suzuki is INSANE

never take them on Embarassed
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*always* take them on.
it's no fun if you only take on things you know you'll beat Smile
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When the conversion is done I shall havea bit of fun g-ing up some civic owners , GTI swifts , a few v6 holdens , excels , muahaha , I cannot wait.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pissed off a porsche owner last night, his son seemed to be loving it though Razz
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not totally sure of the meaning g-up, but yesterday when i was driving the ma70 around (unregistered) i had a huge semi-trailor up my ass, this semi-trailor had nothing towed on the back, So it was heaps light and could keep up to me no problems! He was pissing me off tho becuase of how close he was to my back bumper and i really hate that. Anyway i whent fastser to make abit more of a gap between us, and this fuckin semi trailor driver comes accelarating right up behind me again. "Right that's it fuck face" and so i put the pedal to the metal, once my turbo spooled up he was hardly visible in my rear view mirror, dam that was fun!

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 21:05

I'm not totally sure of the meaning g-up, but yesterday when i was driving the ma70 around (unregistered) i had a huge semi-trailor up my ass, this semi-trailor had nothing towed on the back, So it was heaps light and could keep up to me no problems! He was pissing me off tho becuase of how close he was to my back bumper and i really hate that. Anyway i whent fastser to make abit more of a gap between us, and this fuckin semi trailor driver comes accelarating right up behind me again. "Right that's it fuck face" and so i put the pedal to the metal, once my turbo spooled up he was hardly visible in my rear view mirror, dam that was fun!

MATE !!! u were the result of a "g-up" !!! the semi g-d u up ... u get the meaning now ?? generally its cool to be the g-upper, and not the one getting g'd up LOL Very Happy
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good stuff! i knew it ment something like that. altho i didn't know it's better to be the g-upper, i'll try that next time. Can't wait. Smile

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jst rememebr ...

cool to g'up

UNcool to be g'd up Laughing

man im so full of shit
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i gotta admit it felt friggen awesome to show this truck driver what power i had hidden under the hood. He totally woulda expected it to have no go. Next time tho i'll try not to be on the recieving end and getting all riled up.

thanx for the heads up man.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAHA cunny funt !!!! Laughing
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling, you come from the land of the "express unladen log truck" (did you know that existed?) I have never seen trucks move like them maniacs.

I think that g up refers to giving a horse a little kick to get it going (giddup).
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 21:05

Ha ha.

You know he was probably using you to flush any cops out right?
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after u have given them a punishing at the next lights say
"does your mum know u drive her car like that"

off topic but i love driving up nextto taxi drivers rolling down the window and saying " your wheels turning" and point to the front wheel, then watch as they pull over to inspect there turning wheel.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 09 May 2004 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a "silver service" cabby go me once in the JZ supra on epping road. Was awesome fun, and I think he had more fun than I did, judging by the size of the grin on his face when I slowed down for him Smile
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Fri, 14 May 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok Mr Les 'g-up' expert Razz heh

How can I get g'ed up more often? I wanna to be g'd (for a run) hehe

I want people to run me, but no one seems interested, my car looks stock as (because it is derrr:P) but i know i can kill shit box commos and ricers, but no-one wants a peice of it. But as soon as i jump in my girlfriends car (read: slow as shit Laughing) every bastard wants a peice of it!! grrr.... Mad

hahaha
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Fri, 14 May 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hang around the car park near Iguana Joe's, cruise thru Terrigal Thur night - say some sik lines get some stickers happening (400m drag, HKS, APEXi and get a body kit and neons).

I think that they don't run you now cos you got respec mon.

See you about Wink
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Fri, 14 May 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But im scared if i put neons on, itll gimme more powahz?! Shit, thats the last thing i need, my mum says that my cars fast enough! Laughing
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 16 May 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Fri, 14 May 2004 18:32

I want people to run me, but no one seems interested, my car looks stock as (because it is derrr:P) but i know i can kill shit box commos and ricers, but no-one wants a peice of it. But as soon as i jump in my girlfriends car (read: slow as shit Laughing) every bastard wants a peice of it!! grrr.... Mad

hahaha

Lesson 1: How to get G'd up

1) That's an excellent question ... strange though ... usually a normal person would not like to get G'd up, but to do the G'ing up ... BUT anyway, to get G'd up u need to drive a credible car to start with ... i.e. a WRX, 200sx, NA supra, Type - R, M3, SS, HSV etc etc ... WHY ? because quick modified cars / sleepers like to run these cars because they know they can beat them Smiley =

2) Also u need to be an idiot because the G'd up party usually drives off (at speed) through traffic and ends up having to brake suddenly because they have gone too fast or they have to run a couple of red lights (which represents victory to them!)

Moral ?? DOnt get G'd up .. do the G'ing up ! Very Happy
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 16 May 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Generally the person that was G'd up gets pulled over aswell.... Very Happy
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 16 May 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boris wrote on Sun, 16 May 2004 20:13

Generally the person that was G'd up gets pulled over aswell.... Very Happy

50/50 chance only ... but when you mange that AS WELL as the other two points above .... u the mannnnn ! Laughing
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 16 May 2004 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sun, 16 May 2004 20:08

rvrolla wrote on Fri, 14 May 2004 18:32

hahaha

Lesson 1: How to get G'd up

1) That's an excellent question ... strange though ... usually a normal person would not like to get G'd up, but to do the G'ing up ... BUT anyway, to get G'd up u need to drive a credible car to start with ... i.e. a WRX, 200sx, NA supra, Type - R, M3, SS, HSV etc etc ... WHY ? because quick modified cars / sleepers like to run these cars because they know they can beat them Smiley =

2) Also u need to be an idiot because the G'd up party usually drives off (at speed) through traffic and ends up having to brake suddenly because they have gone too fast or they have to run a couple of red lights (which represents victory to them!)

Moral ?? DOnt get G'd up .. do the G'ing up ! Very Happy

hahaha ok, I dont wanna get G'ed up, I wanna race! There, that sounds better Smile

*hand over heart*
From now on I vow to be the G'uperer and not the G'ed-uperer!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 16 May 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good man, u are a quick learner - now drive carefully and avoid being g'd up Laughing
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Mon, 17 May 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I prefer to be G'd up. Actually I never G any other street racers up. If a street racer G's me up, all I might do is indicate my willingness to race them but I don't initiate it. Could have something to do with me driving a Magna. Evil or Very Mad

Anywho, nothing is more satisfying than wasting some hotshot who is egging you on. I love the ricers that rev you up with their girlfriend as passenger. It makes the victory even sweeter. Very Happy

Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Fri, 18 June 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey whats happenin! Very Happy
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Fri, 18 June 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i LOVE g'ing people!!!!!

wanker in 6cyl commonwhores think they are driving 10second 8s are the worst!!!!!
in the rex (whick is by no means really fast)most cars are no worries on the street because the normal traffic lights GP only lasts 100m so i've got it from the launch no worries. Very Happy

the other day i was in the AE86 and some 8cyl commonwhore driver was up my ass, then when he over took me the chick in the passenger seat waved at me ("cya" style) then took off! i was all like "damn 38RWKW!!!!!" but the second we got to the kiama bends BOOM!~ the big commo was on the brakes and bodyroll.com, so a bit of a "bye bye now" wave from me and BOOM! whopped around the bends by a 38kw sprinter!!!! Evil or Very Mad Surprised Laughing Surprised Laughing Surprised

PS. i HATE ricers thinking there car is fast and telling their girl that it fastest, when it is really an excel with the air filter pipe taken off Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes . terrYble (with a capital Y)

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Fri, 18 June 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm a g-upper through and through
i'll rev anythign at the lights, fulsik excels, lancers, trucks, cop cars, bikes....almost anything
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sat, 19 June 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh the best ones to gee up are those gay cnts with ,4U2NV
or NVTHIS and its a civic with a black bonet and monsta taco,,
just run up next too them and toy with them on the freeway,now i pass you now i wait for you now i pass....
must say tho I had a mate that was easily geed up who ended up loosing his legs after racing in a stupidly built up area...
so dont loose your cool...
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Sun, 20 June 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you G people up, you better hope you don't lose otherwise your the one who looks like a tool.

I think it's better being the quiet acheiver. There's more satisfaction in the win, when the other person thinks they can win, but they lose.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 June 2004 22:59]

Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Mon, 21 June 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
45aken wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 17:43

the other day i was in the AE86 and some 8cyl commonwhore driver was up my ass, then when he over took me the chick in the passenger seat waved at me ("cya" style) then took off! i was all like "damn 38RWKW!!!!!" but the second we got to the kiama bends BOOM!~ the big commo was on the brakes and bodyroll.com, so a bit of a "bye bye now" wave from me and BOOM! whopped around the bends by a 38kw sprinter!!!! Evil or Very Mad Surprised Laughing Surprised Laughing Surprised

now thats true sprinter style Evil or Very Mad lol
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Mon, 21 June 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lench wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 12:28

45aken wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 17:43

now thats true sprinter style Evil or Very Mad lol

Surprised they're capable of 38RWKW! Confused
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Tue, 22 June 2004 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get a bit of both, depending on whether i am driving my crown wagon or my girlfriend's commodore.

The wagon looks a bit down in the dumps, with some rust and fading paintwork, but i have surprised a few people in it, especially when i took a mate for a cruise in it. All nice and slow, and he was thinking, yep, she is slow, until some thing in a modded up honda of some sort with it's girlfriend tried to overtake me. I gave it a bit of a bootfull, and my mate went a slight shade of white. Mind you, the thing in the honda overtook me after i slowed down to 80, but still, it took him some time to catch up.

Who wants to race an old crown wagon, until it gets up and chirps when the auto clicks from first to second.

LOL
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Thu, 24 June 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with Billy Mason on this one. If I G'd someone up and lost I'd feel like a dickhead. Embarassed

Yet it's so sweet when some cocky mofo takes you on and you blow him away! Cool

When does one call the race over? Is there some sort of G'up ettiquette?
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you g-up drivers or do you get g'd-up ?? Thu, 24 June 2004 13:11 Go to previous message
fingers wrote on Thu, 24 June 2004 14:10

I'm with Billy Mason on this one. If I G'd someone up and lost I'd feel like a dickhead. Embarassed

Yet it's so sweet when some cocky mofo takes you on and you blow him away! Cool

When does one call the race over? Is there some sort of G'up ettiquette?

hmmm i guess saeeing u live in the top end.. if u get g'd up ... u really can drive off into the horizon since u have unlimited speed limits .. so really u can't technically get g'd up hahah

g up etiquette ?...

um dont g up if u know or suspect u will lose ... and if u drive a bomb .. dont g up ... u need to drive something that is fast in the first place to ensure a win

Very Happy

man im talking crap
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ATT: Alteza/ Lexus RS200 owners
Next Topic:who owns NSW plates "AE86"? name your price.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 23:49:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006807804107666 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.