Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sat, 08 May 2004 05:20 Go to next message
Do any of you 86 owners out there have a Brant car alarm? Do any of you guys want an alarm? If we have two or more people we can get discounts!
Who's in?
Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sat, 08 May 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was under the impression brant wont install alarms in pre 1990 cars, cause i was interested in getting one before.
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sat, 08 May 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dude i will prob be interested...cant we just buy them and install them ourselves EVOSTI??? also do they have keyless entry kits available???

cheers mate
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sat, 08 May 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was actually thinking about this the other day. my car is going to need an alarm very soon, and yeh a group buy would attract discounted prices which would be even more beneficial. Very Happy

same as SLY, would be interested in keyless entry kit aswell if available.

keep us updated hey Prince. Smile
cheers, SS.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sat, 08 May 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got a Brant dual stage shock sensor on my alarm and its excellent, hasnt ever false alarmed Very Happy
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sat, 08 May 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmMz... i'm still interested. But my dad wants to do a 4AGE engine swap first... i dno what should come first. :S
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sat, 08 May 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what callifo said, although not on an ae86 i had one of these on my lancer. no false alarms nothing. very recommended.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sun, 09 May 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have one on my 89 AW11, so they do do pre 90 cars.,..
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sun, 09 May 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh I dont have a Brant alarm system, I actually have a Cyclops but the installer said the Cyclops dual stage shock sensors are crap so I got a Brant one instead. The Brant shock sensors dont sound as good as the Cyclops ones but they never false alarm Smile
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sun, 09 May 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm my alarm is shiteeeeee, any idea's of prices etc?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sun, 09 May 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahwell i was wrong then, cause when i was investigating alarms i was gonna go for a brant but i ended up putting my own alarm in. the advantage of putting your own in is you will go thru the extra effort of hiding EVERYTHING and putting in extra sirens Evil or Very Mad
i hooked up central locking first which was pretty easy and definately worth the $40.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sun, 09 May 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got the basic ( and cheapest) at about $600. i know they have a web site with prices and descriptions.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Sun, 09 May 2004 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, www.brant.com.au

and mine was 600 fitted to the lancer.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brant Car Alarms on an AE86 Mon, 10 May 2004 01:00 Go to previous message
Hi have a Brant keypad kill switch gizmo. I wanted to get a higher spec Brant alarm at the time but was told they do not install on pre 1985 model cars.

So when the installer came around (he did hide everything quite well) I asked him why this was so. He said that most pre 1985 model cars have shit wiring and are just not worth doing.

Thus my AE86 will soon be an '85' model when I upgrade.

At the end of the day if someone wants your car bad enough they willl have it. Your just making your car harder than the one parked in front so hopefully they don't take yours.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Finally...Dragway for Canberra
Next Topic:Help! Starter motor?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 13:31:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044808387756348 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.