Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGZE- overheating, head gasket?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
papercut
Regular

April 2003
4AGZE- overheating, head gasket? Sun, 09 May 2004 01:22 Go to previous message
hi,

yesterday i was just doin the rounds when i was stuck in traffic - i noticed the temp needle rising passed half way. Usually, i'll just switch on the thermo fan and all will be fine. But, as soon as i noticed the temp rising, i quickly switched on the fan (i know i should have it on all the time but too noisy sometimes) but steam and fluid burst out and covered the whole front of the car. My mate and i checked to see what happened and the bottom radiator hose into the block had popped out. So we jacked it up and plugged it back in (pain in the ass!)

Now - this has happened previously, about 3 weeks ago, but it blew off at another joint in the bottom hose. I put more pipe clamps and all was fine until yesterday.

On the way home yesterday, the temp would rise up, causing us to switch off the engine and pull over to heat it down (this happened about 5 times on the way home)

I rested the car for about 2 hours and took it to work. THEN i noticed the temp rising sometimes but quickly going back down - also the oil gauge was unusally low - fluctuating with the temp gauge.

As i drove it further, the car felt really doggy and shithouse to drive, also when i stopped and popped the hood - i could smell oil burning with fumes. Also oil was leaking.

could this oil leak have been caused by the overheating?

I took it to my mechanic and he said it was prolly a coincidence as he saw the oil screw was not tightly on and covered with oil.

but he also mentioned the overheating was from a blown head gasket *cringes* Crying or Very Sad

please tell me otherwise!!! why is my car overheating?!
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   4AGZE- overheating, head gasket?  papercutSun, 09 May 2004 01:22
Read Message   Re: 4AGZE- overheating, head gasket? feral4mr2Sun, 09 May 2004 05:48
Previous Topic:4A-GE KE70
Next Topic:AE-92 Stud Pattern??

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 23 00:30:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053360462188721 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.