Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WhiteSX
Regular

January 2004
AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Tue, 11 May 2004 10:01 Go to next message
Hey Guys,

Has anyone had any problems getting the rear control arm bushes
for a SX disc rear end, or could recommend somebody to supply.

Jim Hunter's Suspension supplied me with them but there are for the drum rear end, (much smaller bush)

Took them back today and they only have the one listing for the AE92...

Lander Toyota at Blacktown didn't have a parts listing for them either...

The originals are a metal sleeve with the bush pressed in the centre, but the drum rear end has rubber bushes in there...

Any help would be really appreciated

Cheers,
Karl
  Send a private message to this user    
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Tue, 11 May 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try whiteline
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Tue, 11 May 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superpro make ae93 bushes. Fulcrum and whiteline resell them.
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Tue, 11 May 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I contacted Fulcrum through their website and they put me onto Penrith City Suspension. PCS supplied the kit no. SPF825 which is probably what you have been supplied with as the bushes are too small, however their width was right - 40mm. Replaced this with kit no. SPF1039K which has the right diameter bushes (36mm) but for my car they are too wide (50mm). SPF825 has 40mm wide metal centres (known as a crush tube)which suit my car.

What is the length of the metal tube in your bushes - 40mm or 50mm ?

I know that the disc brake rears are supposed to be wider and the person who did the conversion on the car I got the brakes off did dodgey work anyway so mine might be drum brake control arms.

If yours are 50mm I will have some spare bushes to suit from my kit. If they are 40mm I will have the spares but we will both need to get the length of the bushes and the crush tubes changed from 50mm to 40mm. Anyone with a lathe should be able to help.
WhiteSX
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Wed, 12 May 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks heaps guys,

I definetly need the 1039's, scorpian i'll let u know how I go

Cheers,

Karl
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Wed, 12 May 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does this mean that the U-piece in the end of your control arm that goes over the bush is 50mm wide ... or 40mm wide ?
I need to know .. Shocked Shocked
WhiteSX
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Wed, 12 May 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its 50mm, everyone that I have spoken to has said that they have only seen them in 40mm

But I rang fulcrum today and the SPF1039K is a 50mm crushed tube....

which is exactly what you said....
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Wed, 12 May 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The trailing arm (from front to back of car) is the same length as the control arm and has a 50mm wide bush end but the other end is a different size to where the control arm bolts on to the body. Am going to have a look on the weekend to check this out.
Looks like you're set though so good luck to you. I used a gear puller and a socket to press the old bush out. Took a bit of work but did the job.
WhiteSX
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Wed, 12 May 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry dude, just re-read your post, you meant where the control arm bush mounts to the control arm...OOPS Embarassed

Yeah your right, it's all sorted now...

The Super Pro catalog is on there website so I just printed and binded it at work today.

the SPK0825 bush kit is also used on the AE82 disc and the AE92 drum rear end.

Thanks again for your help...

mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Fri, 08 October 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey my brother has the same problem could u help us out with what parts/bush kits u did use..
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Sat, 01 January 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brother just got them done by NOLTEC sent them the arms and they did them. rrp 220 a side. not bad since toyota said they would be 280+ aside for new arms .
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Sat, 01 January 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch, mine cost $80 for both sides including fitting at fulcrum in Brisbane.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Sat, 01 January 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds pricey!

I ended up getting a cheap 12ton press to do mine in the next few months. Might have been cheaper to simply take the arms to some place, but... it's not the same as learning Wink.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Sun, 02 January 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

brother just got them done by NOLTEC sent them the arms and they did them. rrp 220 a side. not bad since toyota said they would be 280+ aside for new arms .

me thinks Greg too you for a ride... hmmm Rolling Eyes
Krupt
Newcomer

March 2003
Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Tue, 04 January 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how come no one made reply befor but now when he post that he got it done people speak up..

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 04:07]

Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE92 SX Rear control arm bushes (disc rear end) Tue, 04 January 2005 04:52 Go to previous message
Quote:

how come no one made reply befor but now when he post that he got it done people speak up..

May be cause I'm too busy working to live and breathe here...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MOD Update - Ed's Back....
Next Topic:Drum brakes
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 07:33:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046298503875732 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.