Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Can I....?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davegarrad
Newcomer

May 2004

Can I....? Tue, 18 May 2004 08:57 Go to next message
...add a supercharger to a 3S-GE engine? Or am I better off just getting the 3S-GTE?
  Send a private message to this user    
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Can I....? Tue, 18 May 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
proabbly would be better to get the 3S-GTE then supercharging the 3S-GE as a supercharger would probablly cost a bit(not quiet sure) were as with the 3S-GTE would be better as the motor came out with the turbo less muckin about too
davegarrad
Newcomer

May 2004

Re: Can I....? Tue, 18 May 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that's what i figured at first..

then i thought about all the other stuff you need/can get with a turbo...

plus superchargers give better low-end acceleration right? i dont know much about under-bonnet stuff, but i do know my lil camry doesn't go fast or hard enough and toyotas are great for engine swapping..

and i realise if i'm going to upgrade i need to also upgrade my suspension/exhaust/gearbox..
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Can I....? Tue, 18 May 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes you are right on the supercharger theory as with turbos you have to wait for it to kick in once a turbo has thou it will fly but yeah look into it and see which one you are happier with first it might be cheaper to supercharge the 3S-GE but don't know (but personally I'd go the 3S-GTE). Defiantly upgrade your suspension, exhaust hmm dunno 2.25" might be a good size for the motor (on my 3S-FE was planning to go 2.25" but starting to have doubts as ToyCam tells me he lost power with his so I'm going 2" on mine just to be safe) have goodies like extractors, a high flow cat etc talk too a few people on here and a few exhaust shops they will give you Ideas as for the gearbox have been told that all 3S gearboxes will fit behind any 3S motor so you may get away with the same gear box is it manual or auto Camry?

cheers

Michael
davegarrad
Newcomer

May 2004

Re: Can I....? Tue, 18 May 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its an auto..

yeah my 3S box will fit, but can it handle it lol...i know camrys are infamous for auto trannies giving up the ghost, so i was just going to replace it anyway.. Smile

i'll probably go for a 2 1/4 inch exhaust with a nice sports muffler at the back..

suspension is first on the list as my struts need replacing anyway so i figure i might as well do the lot all at once..
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Can I....? Tue, 18 May 2004 11:27 Go to previous message
yes the old auto Camry there slow of the mark comparred to a manual one Laughing my parents is an auto good on a highway with the overdrive feature but of the mark no where near as quick as my manual. that stuff I told you was for a manual Camry with the gearboxes (sorry) the auto transmission in the Camrys but however aren't really designed for big revs there more so for ecconimical driving the celica's auto may or may not be different there has to be a box for it that would suit though Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4k motor
Next Topic:4AFE running temp?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 04:23:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.032737970352173 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.