Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Engineering Certs Differ between QLD, MELB and NSW

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Regular

July 2002
Engineering Certs Differ between QLD, MELB and NSW Wed, 19 May 2004 00:29 Go to next message
Gday guys, Just wondering if anyone has ever had a car engineered/modified in another state ie - Melb or QLD and then registered the car in NSW ..

I would assume that if it passes all specs in other states it should be good enough in NSW or vice versa..
Am i wrong in thinking this..Has anyone done this??

Or dont the mod plates mean a thing in other states??
Any help on this subject would be a great help..Am thinking of buying a modded car in another state.
CHEERS
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Engineering Certs Differ between QLD, MELB and NSW Wed, 19 May 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have not done this, but my understanding is that if the certification requirements are different, then it needs to be at least be checked for blue slip?, and probably engineered..

i think NSW has the strictest requirements, but other states are coming into line with them.

fwiw, a friend bought a 13B capella in canberra. it was not engineered down there, and when he brought it up to sydney, he got a dodgy blueslip and did not get it engineered...
{edit} since 13B is legal in RX2 in NSW, he didn't need cert Wink {/edit}

in the end, if you are worried, an engineering cert is only about $400. if the car is mod plated in another state, the engineer may just pass it without much hassle.

call the RTA tech and ask what their opinion is (and ask them to get it in writing if they say good things Wink ) and then maybe call an enginner to se what their opinion is too...

better safe than sorry Wink

good luck!
Cya, Stewart

[Updated on: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:42]

Regular

July 2002
Re: Engineering Certs Differ between QLD, MELB and NSW Wed, 19 May 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers stewart...
I didnt really want to call the RTA in case they started to give me a hard time and bring too much details to their attention..

Will have to ask a few engineers around I guess..
Im sure someone has tried this before..

Thanks again
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Engineering Certs Differ between QLD, MELB and NSW Wed, 19 May 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easy fixed, dont tell them who you are or what car it is! Then they can't do anything but tell you the rules and thats that!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Engineering Certs Differ between QLD, MELB and NSW Wed, 19 May 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have talked to an engineer about my old car that came from QLD. When a car comes from another state it requires a blue slip, which if a conversion is detected will require engineering.

My supra had an engine 'blue plate' from QLD on the firewall however that doesn't cut it in NSW.

I asked the engineer if his accreditation was in fact from a national body and he said it was. Thus i enquired as to whether or not a QLD engineer would have the same qualifications as a NSW engineer under the same national body, he said in fact yes they would.

I posed to him that a car engineer in QLD was infact no different to one in NSW and he agreed.

Its all just crappy red tape.

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Engineering Certs Differ between QLD, MELB and NSW Wed, 19 May 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats all it really is
red tape and money making
some fellas at work who have interstate restricted electrical tickets are having to resit exams again(at a fee of course) to be recognised in Qld...stupid, but the government likes to bend over john q public and ream them with sharp objects!
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Engineering Certs Differ between QLD, MELB and NSW Wed, 19 May 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and ofcourse different rules in different states.
Regular

July 2002
Re: Engineering Certs Differ between QLD, MELB and NSW Thu, 20 May 2004 06:34 Go to previous message
Thanks guys..Now I just need to Find out the differences between what can be engineered in NSW and what can be done in QLD..
Am trying to get my hilux finished with a Quad cam V8 in QLD and need to see if will pass here in NSW..It is done properly also and looks great.(My bank balance is the only thing that looks sus).
Cant wait to get it to dyno day and show it off..
THANKS TO ALL that responded..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18r Gearbox
Next Topic:AE86 Wiring help.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 11:18:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038690567016602 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.