Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Wed, 19 May 2004 13:51 Go to next message
Yeah i'm about to finish off in the next two weeks max. my st85 conversion into to a st162, particly a GT2 S162 as u all know!

My question is because it a different engine and engine number. would i need a engineering cert/mod plate to make it all legit. and what would be the cost of this. and hte shit to go through.

Nezza Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Wed, 19 May 2004 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. No idea on cost.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Wed, 19 May 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as ive stated in other threads... my eng cert and mod plate cost me 120 for 1jz gte into 85 soarer
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Thu, 20 May 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799: Where exactly u go to get the cert and just to queensland transport with the cert to get a mod plate, or some place do it all or something???

Nezza Cool
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Thu, 20 May 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who is doing the conversion? peter and you? should go fast!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Thu, 20 May 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant remember his name.. im sure he gave me his number somewhere... jake might have it.. ill ask him when i see him..
he writres the cert and makes the mod plate for you and u rivet it on
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Thu, 20 May 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dan, peter the ledgend and me, we got the engine out of the front cut on saturday and tomoorw i think particlly all the rest will be done, the 3s-ge out anyhting from cut that fits in the engine bay and then in goes 3s-gte (after fitting the fwd box) and then i get the good task of wiring.

So how u been going dan only seen u a couple times driving around. must get another celica cruise going like old times.

Nezza Cool
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Thu, 20 May 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hijack the thread, but it is semi relevant.

Lets say that i have a ST185 with the old standard 3S-GTE engine in it, and i was to replace it with the ST205 running gear. Would i need to get it certified/engineered also?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Thu, 20 May 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Thu, 20 May 2004 22:01

Lets say that i have a ST185 with the old standard 3S-GTE engine in it, and i was to replace it with the ST205 running gear. Would i need to get it certified/engineered also?

No. Just supply the RTA with the new engine numbers.
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Thu, 20 May 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Thu, 20 May 2004 22:07

-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Thu, 20 May 2004 22:01

No. Just supply the RTA with the new engine numbers.

Thanks, just what i wanted to hear. I suppose insurnace would need some convincing though.
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Thu, 20 May 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just tell the insurance that u blew ya old one and it just a new engine it still a 3s-gte and this is the numbers, hopefully they are that dumb. i'm the one that has to convince the insurance company, lol.

and thanks Jag7799, can't wait for the info.

Nezza Cool
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 3S-GTE fitted to St162 in QLD would i need a mod plate?? Thu, 20 May 2004 13:16 Go to previous message
Trevor
there ya go

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:16]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ta22 engine conversion.??..help
Next Topic:2TG chain tension?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 22:24:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.034954071044922 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar