Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Getting Engineers Certificate For Racing Seat

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
schmitt
Regular

February 2004
icon10.gif  Getting Engineers Certificate For Racing Seat Thu, 20 May 2004 01:11 Go to next message
Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone knows how much it is to get an engineers certificate for a cobra race seat. i have one at the moment that i picked up and was wondering wheteher it was worth putting it in. i just dont want to go to the trouble of putting it in and then find out it will cost a fortune to get it engineered. any info would be appreciated thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Getting Engineers Certificate For Racing Seat Thu, 20 May 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From my experience different engineers charge different prices for everything, your best bet is to ring a few engineers nearby & see what they say, you'll most likely find one that is very helpful & won't charge you an arm & a leg.

Here's a link to the RTAs list of all the engineers in NSW.
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/heavyvehicles/downloads/ vsi/vsi15.pdf
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Getting Engineers Certificate For Racing Seat Thu, 20 May 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just make sure its ADR compliant. Then if its mounted to the original rails (properly) there shouldnt be any need for engineering. However if you need to modify or fabricate any mounting hardware then it will need to be engineered.

They generally charge by the hour. So the cost also includes the time it takes to travel, inspect and write the report.

For a seat, as long as you mount it well, Rex wouldn bother engineering it.

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Getting Engineers Certificate For Racing Seat Fri, 21 May 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most cobras are a metal frame seat, not really a race seat so there should be no prob at all as every seat 99.9% of oem seats are steel frame seats. as above it will have adr approval so its no prob.
mick
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Getting Engineers Certificate For Racing Seat Fri, 21 May 2004 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nay, a lot of the Cobra seats are sidemount fibreglass, plastic or carbon.

I think the Monaco is the only steel frame.

It would help to know which ones tho.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Getting Engineers Certificate For Racing Seat Fri, 21 May 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't know much about cobra seats - but just because someone says it's a steel frame seat does not mean it's adr'd.

i have steel & glass seats here which are adr'd. also have steel frame & lots of glass seats here which have not been tested. suggest you check with the manufacturer or distributor in aus to see if anyone has had the tests done.

T
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Getting Engineers Certificate For Racing Seat Sat, 22 May 2004 00:19 Go to previous message
The Cobra Imola definately is, ill have to check on the Monaco though. I know the Imola is because i am intending to use it as my drivers seat. Unless i can get the Recaro i want.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gearbox cooler
Next Topic:vertex kit for sprinter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 02:58:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040621757507324 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.