Classifieds » Miscellaneous » Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 01:37 Go to next message
Gentlemen.. someone approached me to make custom made sway bars .. (possibly from whiteline) as well as fabricate body kit copies of jblood and carbon fibre bonnets.. wonder if anyone is keen on such stuff?

kevin
  Send a private message to this user    
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested in a bonnet.

Have been looking around for ages for one.

Gabe
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is Gabe your real name dude? Another perthy

kevin
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is mate. are you from perth also?
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes matey.. a perthy.. and proud one .. lol

kevin
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW.. Shocked Amazing ride u got there.. bring me for a spin wont ya?

lol Very Happy

cheers mate

kevin
toyrolla
Regular

April 2004
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for wot cars? ae92?
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sway bars for all cars... and body kit .. and carbon fibre bonnets are AE86

kevin
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think anyone who owns an aus-spec standard would like swaybars, especially if they value their groceries, mine always end up everywhere.....
And anyone who wants a bodykit for an 86 would appreciate j-blood reproductions.....

Question is, when...
and who has money for that when!

Keep us posted, all the best.
Is Perth that nice? Id have to trek across a desert just to check it out lol.
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be interested in an adjustable swaybar (front and rear) for a KE35 Corolla if someone decides to make one...
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, i'm in Melbourne but i'm really interested in a J-Blood (type 2) Front bumper.
I know i can get an original from J-Blood in Japan through motorware, but it'll cost $888 for it (landed not fitted or painted). So if your price is much lower consider it sold.
And i'd be interested in a carbon bonnet for sure!!!
Post the progress! Laterz.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested!!

how much for wider guards, front and rear

also interested in levin front bar, sideskirts, and rear bar extention. also would like the know prices on doors, carbon or fibreglass.

i have already found a place that has these available in australia, but ive been waiting for someone else to do some knockoffs, and bring the price down.

pls let me know prices when u can

arigatou
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definately man. Carbon bonnet for sure, guard flares etc....
DTrain
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interested in a rear swaybar for an 87 ae82 twinky.

also would be keen on a set of side skirts...i have seen some i like but never around my area. pm me details about prices, time period, shipping to brisbane etc

thanks
dave
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would also be interested in what you have or can get.

Steve
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenolevin wrote on Fri, 21 May 2004 11:15

BTW.. Shocked Amazing ride u got there.. bring me for a spin wont ya?

lol Very Happy

cheers mate

kevin

No problem mate, anytime......... Very Happy
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carbon bonnet ? - definately interested for the rite price.
Good quality and good price. Count me in.

I've seen the ones from here.. and they are decent.
http://www.varis.co.jp/e%2Cmenu.html

James
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i have the contacts for the sway bars as it is now.. as for the body kit .. im still sourcing someone to fabricate the mould .. so nothing is firm.. if someone has anyone who does it .. i will be happy to organise a set of body kit from any aftermarket brand.. for mass fabrication..

Sway bars for now.. takers?

truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 21 May 2004 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed: perth is quiet .. if u like the great outdoors.. no better place to be.

James: its me kevin.. u shd know me..

DTrain: gonna need a couple more people to custom make some sways for ya.. so if u can gather some for your car model i will be happy to sort out something

Rest: Im concerned as there is heaps of talk but need some serious interest before hunting for CF and fibreglass manufacturers

Generally gonna need bulk orders for the sway .. any serious takers?

kevin

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not overly interested in the swaybars to tell u the truth

however my interest in the bodykit parts is v serious..
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx for your honesty arch.. i dun wanna fabricate stuff for fun.. im still looking for a decent place to fabricate fibreglass and carbon fibre stuff.. so still some time away from fruition

kevin
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin mate I am very interested in a bonnet (depending on price obviously).
And I do need a front sway bar so put me down for one also!

Gabe
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested in a ae86 rear sway bar,

Steve
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prices on Front and Rear Strut Braces,

Thanks Kevin.
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mutilate.. im not carrying any strut braces at the moment.. im looking into sway bars at the moment..

progress.. i spoke to a couple of people at whiteline.. hopefully they will contact me soon with a price and minimum amount

kevin
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, I am in for all the above provided the price is competitive. Smile
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I probably need at least 10 for sway bars and 20 for bonnets .. bodykits.. else it will be impossible to work on
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Kevin,

I would be seriously interested in a carbon bonnet, but it depends on price. I guess we could all go out and get one right now if we wanted to spend $1,500 on a bonnet, so if you can clarify that your aim is to manufacture these products with a view to provide in-demand AE86 body parts to enthusiasts at a lower price, that would be greatly appreciated.

In short - Can we get a ballpark figure?

Thanks dude,

Jeremy.
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im trying to lower costs for all the bodykits.. but the main problem is getting a strong number of takers as well as a decent fabrication factory (at a low price)

kevin
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes when we know a rough price can comfirm but ill take
3 sets of sway bars front and back
2 sets of sides skirts
1 rear bar extention
2 sets of wide body kits front + 3 sets of rear
and probly 2 or 3 wings if they r going no one asked about them
so thats my list o.k
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok.. i need some info on which body kits u guys r interested..
2nd thing bonnet.. vented .. non vented .. fibreglass or carbon fibre?

kevin
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would be in for a CF bonnet but really need to know a ruff price before i could say a definante yes

[Updated on: Sat, 22 May 2004 13:43]

truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish i can give a quote.. but untill we can get a decision of which one to fabricate.. i cant give a ball figure.

mrf_ool: thx for the reply

here goes the list:

Front sway bar:
[NICK] [QTY]

Rear sway bar:
[NICK] [QTY]

BODY KIT (SPECIFY DESIGN AND PART)
[NICk] [QTY]

mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sat, 22 May 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ball park figure is o.k just put it on the higher side so it might cheaper not dearer. what kits r going because some i like and some i don't.pics would nice i have pics of some kits but don't have the names of them will post them when i go home to my computer and i can get lesson in "sprinter kits 101".o.k but dead serious about the stuff if its cheaper than other places its shopping time ..
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sun, 23 May 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know which CF bonnet to fabricate hey?

Here's a pic of my favorite two (both by j-blood)

The rasied air ducts is Type 3

and the Dipped bonnet is Type 2. I'd personally would like this one.

But there the best two worth fabricating in my option, but the choice is yours. Smile

Attachment: 86levin_bn_type3.jpg
(Size: 7.02KB, Downloaded 47 time(s))
Attachment: 414211_2.jpg
(Size: 7.51KB, Downloaded 43 time(s))

mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sun, 23 May 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the type 3 aswell what about wide body kits here some pics ive got but dont know which its called..http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=4618http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=4619http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=4620

Attachment: FAT WHITE.jpg
(Size: 9.92KB, Downloaded 522 time(s))
Attachment: YELLOWIDE6.jpg
(Size: 15.87KB, Downloaded 511 time(s))
Attachment: YELLOWWIDE2.jpg
(Size: 15.30KB, Downloaded 509 time(s))

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sun, 23 May 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin - getting anyparts for old school jap cars over here is rediculous and almost imposible at a resonable price.
If the sway bars will fit my 83 Supra I'd be keen as mustard!

Might even be keen on the spinter body kits?! If the price is good, I could get a few modifications done by Fibrevision to have the kit on my car! Very Happy

I think for anyone to put down a serious interest tho, they will at least need to know a ball park figure?!...

Cheers..
Keep the info coming!

DAMO
TRD 83

ps. Perth people - check out the old school cruise post in Events forum!! Cheers
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sun, 23 May 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can get afew ppl in on st162 sways as long as they r bigger than 25mm and r around 200 bucks
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sun, 23 May 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im still faxing some details for the sways.. but the body kit .. i cant really get a ball park fig till we decide on something here.. someone decide something here.. qty and design before i start hunting.. (no decision = nothing i can do)

kevin
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sun, 23 May 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok Kevin, put me down for a CF bonnet in the J-Blood type 2 design. Only problem is, it is displayed on a Trueno, and would need it for a Sprinter/Levin.

I would definately be very keen on the wide body kit, but once again, it depends on price.

Cheers,

Jeremy.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sun, 23 May 2004 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i would be interested in a rear sway bar for a 1986 Celica sx st-162....

But i'm just wondering for a rough price.. coz i can get one through work for $176... Would it be anything less than that??

Regards
Adrian
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Sun, 23 May 2004 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenolevin wrote on Sat, 22 May 2004 02:58

James: its me kevin.. u shd know me..

Ahh!

Hope to meet up with ya soon dood.

Take it easy

James
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Mon, 24 May 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SR twincam,
until i can get any quote from the manufacturers.. i am not sure if i can do such a price.. esp when i need some numbers of your car model to fabricate. Sad .. anyway .. will let u know soon

kevin
MFX_AE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Mon, 24 May 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
]
truenolevin wrote on Sat, 22 May 2004 02:58

Well i have the contacts for the sway bars as it is now.. as for the body kit .. im still sourcing someone to fabricate the mould .. so nothing is firm.. if someone has anyone who does it .. i will be happy to organise a set of body kit from any aftermarket brand.. for mass fabrication..

Sway bars for now.. takers?

James

Hey guys,

Im dave & i work at MFX ( http://www.mfx.com.au ) & im in the process of making a bodykit for the AE86 since I own one with a GZE in it & its gonna be my drift car.

So if you are looking for somone to make the moulds, im up for it. All contact details are on the site so give us a call if you are interested.

Dave

[Updated on: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:28]

truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Tue, 25 May 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone interested ? or still going for J blood?

or can u MFX fabricate Jblood?

Sway bars? any serious takers?

GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Tue, 25 May 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As stated in my previous post, I am still keen on the sway bars. What diameter are we talking about though? And how long will this take?

And with the bonnet, once the type/design been agreed upon, I may be interested.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:49]

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Tue, 25 May 2004 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin, cby frnt bumper is about 45000yen = $560++

how much would it cost to ship it back say if i take up some small space of your containers..

any rough quote?
ae82rollaboy
Regular

May 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Tue, 25 May 2004 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the price is right i'd definately be down for a kit for my ae82.

but if you dont have a lot of demand for em, i'd probably take an ae86 kit and mess with it to make it fit mine anyway.

i'm a big fan of the fat kit on the yellow 86 pic that mr fool's put up.

i think this might be a modified lancer kit, but maybe something along these lines??

http://www.4age.net/gallery/ae82/007.jpg

oh, and im very interested in the swaybars too-if anyone bothers to make em for an ae82, what thickness are we talking though??

Rolling Eyes

==cheers, roman===============

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:29]

mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Tue, 25 May 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet ride dude . wish i could have done something like that with my seca but sprinter is my way of life now. and i cant wait to get my sprinter painted (and body kit) so i can put my plates on

MRF-OOL
its really hard when you have no identity....

still want kits so when u get things going i getting some (i'm
in no rush...)
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Wed, 26 May 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTII

im waiting for reply in regards to the swaybar.. so hang in there

ae82rollaboy:
Not sure who fabricates body kit for AE82.. havent heard of any to be honest

But im quite sure sways can be fabricated for them.. provided there are enoff u boys who needs it

Satoshi:
PM sent
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Wed, 26 May 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested in a CF bonnet. (high interest) if the price is right then you can count me in. I like the dip design.

http://www.tp-spirit.co.jp/ae86/index.html

perhaps something like that link also. With the smaller vent to the right (in mycase i'd need it on the other side... heh)
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Thu, 27 May 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking into it now.. will see what i can do
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Thu, 27 May 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any info on sway bars?(I'm interested in sprinter) Diameter? You mentioned whiteline, will the ones you get be similar?

truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Thu, 27 May 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobertoX:

I've approached Whiteline for some quotes... and an idea of what is offered by them.

I'm a lil slow coz im kinda busy at the moment.. but awaiting their reply and quotes.. so shd be any time now
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Thu, 27 May 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down for a levin full kit, bonnet, skirts, gaurds, fenders etc the works.

High level of interest
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Thu, 27 May 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thx simon.. will keep u posted
MFX_AE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Thu, 27 May 2004 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not meaning 2 hijack your post truenolevin just a quick tangent...

I will be modifying the bar below to fit a AE86 soon. thoughts people ? anyone else interested or will i only be making it for my 86 ?

http://www.mfx.com.au/prod/images/skyb3.jpg

http://www.mfx.com.au/prod/images/skyb.jpg

http://www.mfx.com.au/prod/images/skyb2.jpg

Dave

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:28]

MFX_R33
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Thu, 27 May 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guy's I own MFX, and Dave has been discussing the interest from you guy's with me.
Here is another couple of pics of our kit on a 180SX.

http://www.mfx.com.au/prod/images/180.jpg
http://www.mfx.com.au/prod/images/jeffdrift2.jpg

Jeff.

4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 28 May 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll take 4 x jblood carbon bonnets
skirts/flares?

Anyway what diameter are these bars being made?
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bulk fabrication of sway bars and body kit Fri, 28 May 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
4age:
Im currently waiting for whiteline to respond to the diameter that can fabricate.. so will keep u up to speed once that goes thru

As for the bonnets.. i have yet to fax out details as im not sure who is keen on which design .. and the various posts that are running on my thread... so until u guys give me an idea.. im putting everything on hold

kevin
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: BSA 15" on Yokohama A539's
Next Topic:Weird stuff on Ebay!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 01:59:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074269771575928 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.