Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Proud owner of TWO ST162's Tue, 25 May 2004 09:36 Go to next message
Well lemme rephrase that... hopeful owner..no... i dunno

I bought this 1986 ST162 for $100 yes thats right $100

It is registered etc. runs excellent except for one thing..it has fairly major damage on the side. It has been quoted at around $2000 to fix so all in all its a $2100 celica if you can see past the damage.

I am not very fond of FWD cars but after driving this i would easily consider another FWD regardless of the amount of fun you can have in a RWD.

Its in excellent mechanical condition.. the motor has just had a head replacement and the wiring loom has been fixed.

Any thoughts or comments?

BTW: what is the stud pattern on these and what is the offset?

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgCfAjMU*Ke78YBnueHi6PX3jUTGBj5v19KJewa*536IpfmS*xQbUtkIiWfid!br8OwBm9We0iVwQWWhn4nTgiU2B43XMamwfLKuWDIZgWo/celica.jpg?dc=4675473650025718327

sorry the pictures are a little small

[Updated on: Sat, 29 May 2004 09:21]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Tue, 25 May 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude looks like you have an "ST" model there!

hmmm.. 3SFE powah! Wink

well the stud pattern is 4x100, not sure about the offset, somewhere around the 37range I think.. might be printed inside your door.

looks like you got yourself a pretty good deal there though.

I was thinking, "dude, if you like THIS car wait dill you drive an SX" Very Happy glad you are liking it mate, the handle great and are STACKS of fun around town...
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Tue, 25 May 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats likely to happen if i try to fit 20mm offset wheels on? scrape the calipers?

I guess i could use spacers... I would like to buy a better ST162 in better condition but I really love the coupe. Plus I gotta sell my KE55 to get the repairs underway.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:01]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Tue, 25 May 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no more likely to scrape on the guards, ST162s have a 38mm offset, of you put 45mm offset WRX wheels on they go to deep and scrape the strust, so 20mm will be shallow and will stick out side the guard, spacers can't help you.

I know what you mean the coupes aren't too bad they look good when done right, like that one you have got there. but they are only 3sfe engines, with worse brake setups. that don't really match the 3sge in the SX models, maybe fix that, put a 3sge in and get all round disc brakes, brilliant, but that would cost a bit.
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Tue, 25 May 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah stud pattern is 100mm not sure about offset (but i should, why?) I don't know if i would buy it, but it looks like the chassis alright, so it could be fixed, except i would prefer a straight body.
But other than that it looks like a pretty clean car, so there's heaps of potential.
RobST162 wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 21:53

hey dude looks like you have an "ST" model there!

hmmm.. 3SFE powah! Wink

I was thinking, "dude, if you like THIS car wait dill you drive an SX" Very Happy

Whats wrong with a 3sfe Rob huh? nah JK Laughing
Your right though, SR_TWINCAM took me for a ride in his beast the other night (cheers), and there IS a little bit of difference, it's got a fair bit of pull the old 3sge. Very comfortable ride. We also matched up my car to his.
3SFE 0 3SGE 2 Damn redline at 6000, bah! Wait until we have
3SGTE VS 3SGE hahaha

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:57]

SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Tue, 25 May 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn bloody wiso posting up replies while I'm in the middle of mine, bah! Laughing Laughing
Cheers dude you answered some of my questions Very Happy
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Tue, 25 May 2004 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark...maybe i'll sell it off to wreckers and get some parts off this one..like the side skirts and buy myself an SX.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Tue, 25 May 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol that is a fine looking coupe though dude!

done right they can look quite attractive and yours does.

even if you spent 2k on repairs, you could probably get your money back easy

and the SX didn't come in the coupe
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Tue, 25 May 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your right though, SR_TWINCAM took me for a ride in his beast the other night [/quote]

Oh did he just? Seems everyones getting a ride except lil old me. Mad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Wed, 26 May 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man as i said previous that is a good looking coupe, if you like coupes, you may be best to get that one fixed, considering you are still on your L plates that will be a fine car for you for a while, those other things i said about the swaps, you'll probably want them oneday like in a few years, or maybe not at all.

also insurance would be cheaper for that car you have than it would for an SX.

Its a damn fine coupe though man, if it only costs $2000 to fix that would be the best course, cause to get a good SX will cost about $4000-$5000.

i say fix that one. my 2c.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 00:56]

SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Wed, 26 May 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hirogen wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 09:56

Oh did he just? Seems everyones getting a ride except lil old me. Mad

Yeah those GT4 seats are mighty fine, its a pity your missing out on all the action dude Laughing
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Wed, 26 May 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you should fix it, its still got rego.give it a nice tidy up.and drive it for a while.if ur not happy, sell it and make a profit. save a bit more $$$ and by an sx Very Happy u have a few options with this car.
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Thu, 27 May 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u decide to scrap it can i buy u front lower lip Very Happy Very Happy
other wise i think u should fix it
good luck
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Fri, 28 May 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude that looks nuts. get the side all fixed up adn do an engine transplant - Not many sweet lookin celica coupes round like that. I hear 3sgte??? or even a late model 3sge itl go sweet
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Proud owner of ST162 Sat, 29 May 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try and find a car thats mingled on left hand side... cut them both in half... put 2 cars back together(a good one and a dinged one) and voila
Laughing

[Updated on: Sat, 29 May 2004 00:04]

TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Proud owner of ST162 Sat, 29 May 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Traitor... Mad
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Proud owner of TWO ST162's Sat, 29 May 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I changed the name of the thread now...

i just bought a 1987 SX aswell its pretty rough but overall its a reasonable car... plus i have a parts car.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Proud owner of TWO ST162's Sat, 29 May 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way..does anyone have a rear parcel tray thingo for a SX hatch the board thing thats covered in carpet. I want to buy one at a reasonable price or maybe we can organise a swap for a certain part which may have on the parts car. I'll post up some pics of the SX tomorrow.
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Proud owner of TWO ST162's Sat, 29 May 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better yet ill make u a full pro one from MDF and ill swap u it for ya front lower lip Very Happy if ur thinking of putting 6/9's in the pardel tray i have heard that the originals dont cut it.. i made my own cos my car didnt come with it and it works fine.. also might be interested in front right mud guard thingo..
how do u afford all these cars at your age!!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Proud owner of TWO ST162's Sun, 30 May 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a parcel tray you can have, and some speakers if you like..
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Proud owner of TWO ST162's Mon, 31 May 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugga my SX needs a timing belt.. fuck im so pissed off because the guy said it haid been fully reconditioned..why do people have to be so shonky?
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Proud owner of TWO ST162's Mon, 31 May 2004 08:13 Go to previous message
6000 rpm huh, always wanted to know when the 3s-fe redlined. The coupe looks nice (on the non-dammaged side, i think once fixed and with a 3s-gte would be a very nice car.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:purple/blue ae86 with Rigoli sticker on it in sydney
Next Topic:buying a new car you opinion guys
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 02:54:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14932179450989 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.