Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
supra86
Occasional Poster

May 2003

leaking clutch fluild Tue, 01 June 2004 15:15 Go to next message
i know there is leak somewhere in the clutch line cause i have to top it up once a fornight or month. but i realise when
the clutch fluid is low, the clutch is lighter and when the clutch fluid is full, the clutch gets harder. normal?
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: leaking clutch fluild Tue, 01 June 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles in the line when low makes the pedal go 'soft'
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: leaking clutch fluild Tue, 01 June 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmmm, reminds me of a nursery rhyme: "well fix it dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry, well fix it dear Henry, and fix it right now!"
wadadlianu
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: leaking clutch fluild Wed, 02 June 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would take a look at your clutch slave and master cylinders
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: leaking clutch fluild Wed, 02 June 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, fix it imediately... recently a friend experienced the same sort of thing in his silvia and didnt bother to fix it... he lost his clutch in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere (also in the middle of a silvia cruise Laughing ) and I was riding along, not happy. Was a $9 seal in the slave cylinder that caused such a pain in the arse.(that I fixed in the morning by the side of the road Mad )
The problem started off minor and didnt seem like much but accelerated and left us stuck, not a good thing to let happen...
supra86
Occasional Poster

May 2003

Re: leaking clutch fluild Wed, 02 June 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what part do i need and how do i do this. dont know anything about clutch master clinder or watever it is. thanks hey
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: leaking clutch fluild Wed, 02 June 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just recently replaced both cylinders on my sprinter...if you want to do it yourself, find out which one is leaking the slave or the master or both (i would replace both anyway). The master is the one your fluid resivour is directly connected to. The slave will be down lower and connected to the master with a metal line.

Remove cylinder(s), this can be a real pain in the ass, moreso if you have a small japanese car.

Ring around local brake and clutch places for replacement cylinder(s) for your model.

Get replacements (take your old ones with you to make sure you get the right bits)

Install new ones

Fill and bleed system.

Done.

It cost $82.50 for new slave and master cylinders for my car, it's worth ringing around too, one place wanted to charge me almost that much for just the master cylinder.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: leaking clutch fluild Wed, 02 June 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my master cylinder cost $28 new
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: leaking clutch fluild Wed, 02 June 2004 13:48 Go to previous message
basically you need to find where the fluid is leaking from.. it could be inside the car above the pedals too..

if you really don't know much abotu it, try to grab someone who does... or go to a mechanic but ask to watch..... "i like to watch" Wink

or grab the manual for your car and follow the directions..

good luck!

Cya, Stewart
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Which Toyotas have low fuel level alarms?
Next Topic:coating my bits
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 7 20:06:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10387802124023 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.