Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
_555_
Regular

October 2003
predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Mon, 31 May 2004 09:33 Go to next message
Like above,

Just after some expected quarter mile times for a Sprinter with a 4agte.

the 4agte would have either Toyota CT26/T4 turbo or S14 T28 turbo at around 20 psi?

Also what gearbox do you guys recommend for that sort of power?

Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Mon, 31 May 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Mon, 31 May 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might get into the 11s with that 180kws at front wheels with a 4agte in a seca 13.4 so 11s thats my guess
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Mon, 31 May 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From memory Adam from (ex)Haltech fame ran into the 11s not long ago with his 4AGTE Sprinter...?

Can't recall how much power that puts down, but I think that there's been a CRAP load of work done on that thing.

_555_ - You might also want to specify whether the cars intended purpose is purely drag racing or not? If so, you might spend lots of $$$ on a suspension setup aiming at better quarter mile times, that quite simply might not be attainable with a normal street or track setup..
_555_
Regular

October 2003
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Mon, 31 May 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont intend on the car been strictly for drag, so the suspension would be a fast street setup. I realise this would cost some on the strip.
tin can
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Mon, 31 May 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adam's sprinter (ex) haltech now JEM
the sprinter made 211kw at the wheels on 18 psi
and he ran a 11.6 at 126 mph

engine rebuilt and ct26 and 440cc injectors
w58 gear box and crown diff
haha this car is offtap
and i was the lucky bastard that got to run it in Laughing Laughing Laughing
thanks jess
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Mon, 31 May 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rekon a low 8 is possible !!! Cool

seriously though, how long is a piece of string?

You porbably will get somewhere around 13-14 secs once you've got most things sorted...
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Mon, 31 May 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was a sprinter in melbourne using a 4agze block with a Nissan S15 Turbo T88? i think acctually no idea...

it ran 13s on street tyres and no lsd and calder...
_555_
Regular

October 2003
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Mon, 31 May 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the input guys, now I've got a better idea of what a turbo sprinter is capable of.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Mon, 31 May 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
_Why_ wrote on Mon, 31 May 2004 22:21

there was a sprinter in melbourne using a 4agze block with a Nissan S15 Turbo T88? i think acctually no idea...

it ran 13s on street tyres and no lsd and calder...

t88 on a 4agze?!? Got peaky? Wink

T28 i think heheh
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Tue, 01 June 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would a 4age even make enough exhaust gases to spool a t88? except maybe if simon was driving LOL.......
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Tue, 01 June 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep s orry it was a t28, just rechecked what i wrote down ages ago about it Laughing
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Tue, 01 June 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you should aim for low 10's. That way you're not aiming too high.
_555_
Regular

October 2003
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Tue, 01 June 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the predictions, 10s or 11s sound good without too much hassle or $$$.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Tue, 01 June 2004 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah, oh sure 10's are no hassle at all Laughing
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Wed, 02 June 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on street tyres of course (that's how it's done in Japan).
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Wed, 02 June 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure you get a JDM T-series diff though. That's what all the drag racers in Japan use.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Wed, 02 June 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And HKS struts
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Wed, 02 June 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and you will need a TRD oil cap to handle teh powahz
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Wed, 02 June 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 18:09

and you will need a TRD oil cap to handle teh powahz

Where's Brendan? He has teh best oil capz. Laughing
_555_
Regular

October 2003
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Wed, 02 June 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the smart-ass replies, I was just asking a simple question. no nead to pull the piss, glad this is a forum were questions are encouraged and answered, not a place were people with no idea get burnt for not having a clue and trying to find out stuff.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Wed, 02 June 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Point taken - It was all in good humor.

It is my experience that results are usually = to time, study, effort and input and then the resolve to do it all again every time that it doesn't work to plan.

A very experienced tuner once said to me, "you give me the car, I give it the fuel and ignition that it will take and then the dyno gives a number - that's it".

The 1/4 mile time will be the equivalent of what you do - not the amount of talking done beforehand.
/end preach session Laughing
_555_
Regular

October 2003
Re: predicted 1/4 mile times for sprinter with 4agze turbo? Wed, 02 June 2004 10:36 Go to previous message
no harm done. just wanted to get some rough ideas on 1/4 mile times, i understand that its more than just buy a engine, slap on a turbo and it will run 10s. I takes time and lots of dough to make a car quick, even if the 4agze + turbo package in a sprinter is considered a good 'bang for buck' approach.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fitting body to your car
Next Topic:shipping wheels?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 23:41:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047140121459961 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.