Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Tue, 01 June 2004 12:12 Go to next message
Like, I have already put 15 litres into it and it still hasn't even registered on the dipstick! 80

Can anyone offer me any advice??

http://goodshopping.com.au/celica/rolla/rolla-Images/2.jpg

Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Tue, 01 June 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol errmmm...i think your...i just cant put my finger on it something doesnt look right Rolling Eyes maybe your airbox is missing?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Tue, 01 June 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you tighten the sump plug??? Might have a minor leak around there...
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Tue, 01 June 2004 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is simply stage one weight removal! remove sump so there's no need to carry around all that oil? Cool
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Tue, 01 June 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man looks like there is no sump on it, question is there a massive pool of oil on the ground below where the engine is sitting? Laughing Laughing Laughing that would explain it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

seriosly. are their any visible signs of it leaking out the bottom? are you doing it on a slope, my boss did this once the car took about 12L of oil cause he forgot Rolling Eyes that he was o a slope when he filled it and when he started it it flooded with oil, oozed out the intake pipe and blew the seals Laughing Laughing gold, death to the festiva Very Happy
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Tue, 01 June 2004 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah, don't worry about it - get an oil truck to come - when the world fills up with enough oil you should be able to drive your car - and have awesome burnout comps at the same time Evil or Very Mad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Tue, 01 June 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well,

I realised that the way to fill a car with oil, must be, since I am having no success filling it from the top to:

1. take this funny thing off the bottom, "sump" you call it?

2. fill it with oil

3. put it back on

4. and away we go!!

how does that sound? Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2004 22:13]

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Wed, 02 June 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And while the sumps off strip that god awful colored paint oiff the crank. It's almost as bad as painting your discs.
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Wed, 02 June 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, you all got it wrong.

I see the problem, and i tell you, it is easy to miss.

Look to the right of the motor.Just a bit over half way down. Do you see it?

You do?

Yep, that is right. There is a bracket with some surface rust on it. THAT is your culprit.

If that is not it, it could be that red dot that is to the right of the pic. A Red dotted OIL eater.

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Wed, 02 June 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice dry sump set up. You prolly required to fill the reservoir in the boot (it may be disguised as the spare wheel Wink)
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Wed, 02 June 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl

dudes, it doesn't seem to be working, I have filled the special "reservior" in the boot. (thanks for the tip about the spare wheel.. I would NEVER have guessed Wink )

And I sanded the rusty bracket..

.. so since that wasn't working, there is now one of those oil trucks around, and the garage is about 1.5 meters deep in oil.

I also took the "red dotted oil eater" off now. Lots of water came out.. hmm... water is bad for cars I heard once, so that's cool.

Though he seems to want to charge me $1500 and that just seems a little expenive for an oil change. I told him I would pay him once I had driven it around the block a few times.

Though it seems to be working! Very Happy
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Wed, 02 June 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Tue, 01 June 2004 21:57

LOL... sounds like your serious saying this Wink
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Wed, 02 June 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 16:10

rofl

dudes, it doesn't seem to be working, I have filled the special "reservior" in the boot. (thanks for the tip about the spare wheel.. I would NEVER have guessed Wink )

And I sanded the rusty bracket..

.. so since that wasn't working, there is now one of those oil trucks around, and the garage is about 1.5 meters deep in oil.

I also took the "red dotted oil eater" off now. Lots of water came out.. hmm... water is bad for cars I heard once, so that's cool.

Though he seems to want to charge me $1500 and that just seems a little expenive for an oil change. I told him I would pay him once I had driven it around the block a few times.

Though it seems to be working! Very Happy

You may need to turn the car or engine upside down to stop the oil leaking out
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Wed, 02 June 2004 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah and get the pressure washer to clean all that brown gunk off the insides...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: I just can't seem to fill the corolla with oil - please help Thu, 03 June 2004 07:09 Go to previous message
M.W.P. wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 16:25

Rolla Boy wrote on Tue, 01 June 2004 21:57

LOL... sounds like your serious saying this Wink

Hahaha... Thats what I wanted it to sound like... A sarcastic remark that could easily be mistaken for a serious one... I fooled you Razz Razz Razz ... But meh, i'm over it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spare Parts
Next Topic:Freight company to ship seats?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 14:53:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065498352050781 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.