Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Engine Rebuild Mon, 14 June 2004 09:04 Go to next message
Hey, was just wondering what ppl have paid or would see as a good price for a engine reco, its a 22r from a RA65.

If there is any other engine suggestions that i could replace the 22r with, iam open to them, as long as its a pretty much straigh bolt in job, on a budget here

Thanks all

Craig

Send a private message to this user    
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Engine Rebuild Mon, 14 June 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For engine transplant possiblities, see the "Engine Swap Guide" in the "Articles" page on the side bar. Quite a good guide to start with, although it does not stipulate any price ranges... You'll have to get a hold of some of the toyota junkies on this forum!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Engine Rebuild Mon, 14 June 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you really want to spend thousands reconditioning an old lump like a 22R? If yours is giving you trouble just pick up a second-hand one from the wreckers for a few hundred.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Engine Rebuild Mon, 14 June 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with norbie.
it's not exactly a rare engine - go pick one up second hand for like $300 (dont quote me on that) - much better option than spending over a grand reco-ing the poor thing
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Engine Rebuild Mon, 14 June 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
22R's are a bit more costly (unless your lucky) as thay where used in coaster busses/hi-lux's thus "in demand"
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Engine Rebuild Mon, 14 June 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, well i do want a little more power, would anyone reccomend a different engine, that wouldnt be a huge job to put in ? or am i better off just buying a low KM 22R ?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Engine Rebuild Mon, 14 June 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it's from an ra65, it's a 22r-e (fuel injected). That means you cant slot an 18r-g in there unfortunately.
there are no real bolt-in engines. most popular is the 1g-gte conversion, but that is far from bolt-in. If you don't want to go through with that, I'd prolly recommend another 22r
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Engine Rebuild Mon, 14 June 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, well i just bought it today, very nice condition body and interior. Iam quite new to cars, as this is my first car. Ive been searching for info on the 22r, there is a bolt on turbo kit for it isnt there ?

Its a RA65 XT 2.4I liftback

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2004 13:19]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Engine Rebuild Tue, 15 June 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont bother turboing a 22re mate...im sorry to say but its a hell of a waste of money..
Either put a better performance engine in it - see 1ggte, 1jzgte or buy a used 22re to get you around til you can afford a decent engine for it.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Engine Rebuild Tue, 15 June 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

dont bother turboing a 22re mate...

Unless you want to use it to pull up tree stumps ... Laughing Laughing Laughing really a 1G series is a good start, cheap, nice power and big choice ie GE, FE, GZE, GTE even a 4AGZE would be a better choice than the 22R-> 80kw(22R) vs 120+(4AGZE)
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Engine Rebuild Tue, 15 June 2004 13:43 Go to previous message
Just looked through the 'for sales'http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=31675&start=0&rid=27&S=82b1b19782b53 b6296904fe14a53f00c something different, they go good with a couple of huffers hanging off the side....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rims Protecter ???
Next Topic:video - mad donuts!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 13:23:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012037038803101 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.