Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Sun, 20 June 2004 08:34 Go to next message
Hey guys. I've lined up a turbo to buy, but was wondering whether or not the Grp A ST185 Turbo came with ceramic internals or not?

My current turbo suffered a slight oil leak, destroying it and i've decided that if i'm to replace it, i may aswell replace it with a turbo which can withstand higher levels of boost than 6psi.

Thanks in advance.
  Send a private message to this user    
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Sun, 20 June 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the jdm st185's have the ceramic wheel and the aust 185's hav a steel wheel.the ceramic wheel can handle about 15psi,then it dies.i think the steel one can handle more.
but i think the ceramic is better Confused for low boost applications.

sorry not too sure Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Sun, 20 June 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What turbo did they use on the ST165 Group A rally cars...I read in some dodgy book that it was a KKK turbocharger - but they'd have to actually put those things in a road car to get them homologated for rally - but I've never heard of a group A special ST165???
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Sun, 20 June 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate aus spec st185's and st185 GprA's got the exact same turbos both steel wheel, yeah if you go jdm though the gprA had the steel and the 185 had ceramic.

yeah aust162 your right, ceramic is better flowing for lower boost, like 12psi max. But knowing this guy, he is just gonna boost the fuck out of his car to beat Gumby Freak No No No Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 20 June 2004 12:50]

benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Mon, 21 June 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'd have to spend a ,ot more money on the car to beat gumby, joel. To beat him would be a rather stupid and expensive pursuit. At least we all know i can blow you off the park by halfway through second gear!! Laughing Laughing Laughing j/k
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Mon, 21 June 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah how about this, I launch while I watch your 4wd bog down, then you overtake me on the straight true, then we get to a corner, yours understeers and is too heavy to boost out while I am in and around and gone, repeat process.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

j/k

your a funny guy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Mon, 21 June 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FIGHT FIGHT!
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Mon, 21 June 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or, you get wheelspin no matter what you do, and i beat you anyway due to my superior hp + intercooling system! lol
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Mon, 21 June 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh yeah, yeah man, yeah

who said anything about wheelspin, MR2's dont wheelspin man, they grab traction and launch, and will handle better through a corner than any 4wd will Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy sure you'll have me on the stright through less power, but I am afraid Very Happy

ohh well I am not reply to here anymore bye

Shut up Rob Razz
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Tue, 22 June 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL. I forgot youb were talking about the MR2. I forgotn you even had one! it'd be an interesting race nonetheless! hows the new car go?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: DIfference Between Turbos on Regular and Grp A GT-Fours Wed, 23 June 2004 12:40 Go to previous message
lol ill lower the boost by half Twisted Evil

on a differant note, having driven joel's 162, he'd munch any standard 185.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oil cooler for 4AGZE
Next Topic:rebuilding CT12's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 02:15:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.039798021316528 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.