Toymods » Tech & Conversions » largest boosted angine allowed in a hachi

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

largest boosted angine allowed in a hachi Mon, 28 June 2004 09:04 Go to next message
there was a rather large boosted engine in a hachi at the drift comp on the weekend, got me thinking, what the largest legal in qld
  Send a private message to this user    
sandman
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: largest boosted angine allowed in a hachi Mon, 28 June 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the weight of the vehicle? (As on the rego papers)

In NSW it equates to CC's = 4.82 x weight in KGs for NA over 1100kgs, or 4.00 x weight in KGs for Forced Induction over 1100kgs.
For under these weights the mulitplication facotr drops considerably to 3x and 2.5 times from memory (I have forgotten the low weights..)

I believe most states are now adopting these rules (Becoming Australia wide inside a few months from what the local RTA engineer was telling me)

(Hence my dilemna in finding a vehicle to house a forced induction 5 litre v12...that still looks sexy, and handles!)
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: largest boosted angine allowed in a hachi Mon, 28 June 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1ggte is the biggest in nsw
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: largest boosted angine allowed in a hachi Mon, 28 June 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=38523&start=0&rid=355&S=5a8cfe90a16d d6824377cb1cb71ebb3c

sandman was right - 2.5x the weight of the vehicle, in nsw anyhow
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: largest boosted angine allowed in a hachi Mon, 28 June 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The largest engine you can fit legally is a two litre turbo. You can fit a touch bigger, but there was never such an engine produced.

Given the expense of (say) an SR20 conversion, I'd suggest that the same money would be better spent on installing a 4AGZE, getting a turbo & manifold, and fitting a haltech.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: largest boosted angine allowed in a hachi Mon, 28 June 2004 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so without extensive chassis rigity mods the 2L engine is the biggest.

Phil: was the ae86 with the rb25 in it registered or a dedicated drift car?

I think someone forgot to tell him that you don't need heaps of power in an ae86 to drift Razz
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: largest boosted angine allowed in a hachi Tue, 29 June 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some time ago on i think it was the twincam16 forums someone worked it out and it equated to something like 2.38 litres or something similar. you cant just make a blanket statement and say 'about' 2 litres. ring the RTA or an engineer and get them to tell you the requirments and work it out yourself, dont just ask ppl who are going by what theyve seen or heard of such as myself Smile
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: largest boosted angine allowed in a hachi Tue, 29 June 2004 12:38 Go to previous message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 29 June 2004 08:15

so without extensive chassis rigity mods the 2L engine is the biggest.

Phil: was the ae86 with the rb25 in it registered or a dedicated drift car?

I think someone forgot to tell him that you don't need heaps of power in an ae86 to drift Razz

well it had NIS25 plates
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Self-servicing a Celica ZZT231R
Next Topic:Head Porting ETC.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 05:47:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13049697875977 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.