Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
icon5.gif  quick fuel pump question for 4age 100kw Thu, 08 July 2004 06:18 Go to next message
Hey dudes, quick question!
Im looking for an external fuel pump to run with my 1L surge tank for my SX, been told that a VL turbo one is perfect, but these are all old, or new equivalents are expensive ($270)

Got quoted a 'common' brand new pump for $130 that puts out 6-8psi pressure, is this definately good enough for my lightly modified engine? (filter + exhaust)

Ive finally got the cash so pls let me know the go Surprised

PEACE
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: quick fuel pump question for 4age 100kw Thu, 08 July 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may i ask the question:

"why the hell are you running a surge tank?"
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: quick fuel pump question for 4age 100kw Thu, 08 July 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cause my goddamn car SURGES every decent speed fucking corner with anything under half a tank of fuel and its pissed me off for the last time Confused

Ive changed the fuel filter, no difference. I also own the surge tank now, so i may aswell put it in Smile

Any ideas on whether the 6-8psi pump will be ok?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: quick fuel pump question for 4age 100kw Thu, 08 July 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're talking about a lift pump from a commodore, that should be alright for the job. They stall at a bit over 7psi, but don't be too concerned, they flow nearly 240 litres/hour open. And there shouldn't be 6-8psi pressure against the pump just filling your little fuel pot!

On mine (4ag KE70) I only use an old Mazda carby electric pump to fill a swirl pot I made from a piece of old tailshaft, and that mongrel lets me drive it how the hell I like with the tank as empty as can be... Evil or Very Mad
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: quick fuel pump question for 4age 100kw Thu, 08 July 2004 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you've got an SX then why dont you just replace the standard in-tank pump with something a bit better. The EFI corolla's have a baffled tank, so the only reason you should be getting fuel surge is if the efi pump is on its last legs. the 3sgte and 7mgte intank pumps are a direct replacment for the AE9x EFI intank pump, and then you dont have to worry about garbage like surge tanks, lift pumps and external high pressure pumps.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: quick fuel pump question for 4age 100kw Fri, 09 July 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly what jason said.

im only using a surge tank and external pumps cos im lazy and a tigharse.
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: quick fuel pump question for 4age 100kw Fri, 09 July 2004 05:19 Go to previous message
No shit? So its probably my pump. I didn't know i had baffles.

Thanks heaps for tha info jasonp1977!

Surprised
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cheap upgrades for more horsepower? Help please?
Next Topic:knock meter for 1JZ
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 14:46:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043702125549316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.